Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss disney princesses in the Ask The Experts forums; Yes, and they lived "Happily Ever After".......
    DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    Yes, and they lived "Happily Ever After"....
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    HHHMMMMM.....I always thot of the characters portrayed in Disney films as characters and not really real people(tho some were based on real people)...so who is to say on the granting of artistic license that any or all of the above named ARE what the general public considers a princess...
    It is nice for children to believe that that they can grow up to be a princess, a prince, or even a talking teapcup,,,,this is what fantasy and imagination and Disney movies are all about-the kids

OH, and you don;t have to be born a princess to become one later-look at Princess Grace of Monaco who was born right here in the good old USA.....

I am not sure where in the Virginia area the Powhatan tribe is from but if I find out i will post it here for you Keasmom...there are some very good books out there on Poca. tho most will be a bit too complex for a 5 yr old but I'm sure you are an awesome mom and can help your little one out in deciphering them. I'll try to dig up some titles for you also.

Jacknife is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by iwannabeminnie
    Jacknife, why is Belle not a princess? She married a prince.
    As Mandabella said, it's assumed that Belle and Beast get married - but a wedding scene is never shown in any of the films (AFAIK, anyway). That's why I don't really consider Belle a true princess...

Heck, Disney may decide to Release a BatB ("Beauty and the Beast: Romancing the Throne") sequel, that includes the wedding scene and finally reveals Beast's true name.

Quote Originally Posted by vixen101485
    HHHMMMMM.....I always thot of the characters portrayed in Disney films as characters and not really real people(tho some were based on real people)...so who is to say on the granting of artistic license that any or all of the above named ARE what the general public considers a princess...
    Good point. I apologize, I didn't mean to start a huge debate - I was just trying to say why I don't consider certain Disney characters princesses.

: . . : . : . : : . . . . : : : . . . : : : : . : . : : : : . : : : . : : . : . . : : : . . : : . : : . . : . :

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    no need to apologize...just a little reminder as to what I believe Disney ultimately is--imagination...
    So what does everyone want to be when they grow up....I would like to be an enchanted wardrode closet so i can always have cool clothes THAT FIT ME(lol)...that way I can dress like a princess(real or imagined)whenever I want....***grins***

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Thank you for the countries. We are having lots of fun with this. It is a really great learning tool.

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Quote Originally Posted by Keasmom
    Thank you for the countries. We are having lots of fun with this. It is a really great learning tool.

Update. We ran into Aurora (Sleeping Beauty) in Belle's library inside the French Pavillion in Epcot. So, I guess that makes her country France.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    I had heard Aurora was from Norway. The students manning the boutique there said she could not come to Norway due to coronation festivities at the MK. I am soooo confused with where these girls are from. The Laila perfume at Norway is really great though so it was not a wasted expedition. Thanks for the help, one day we will have the right answer.

Scrap-Vamp is offline B-Ticket Holder
    As regards Jasmine - the original Arabian Night's tale has Aladdin set in China - this is where it is usually set for English pantomimes (I played Princess Lotus Blossom a couple of years ago) but Disney looked to what we now consider Arabian countries, eg Morocco for location. Therefore it's all a bit vague as to where Agrabah actually is!
    Jen xXx

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap-Vamp
    As regards Jasmine - the original Arabian Night's tale has Aladdin set in China - this is where it is usually set for English pantomimes (I played Princess Lotus Blossom a couple of years ago) but Disney looked to what we now consider Arabian countries, eg Morocco for location. Therefore it's all a bit vague as to where Agrabah actually is!

Thanks for the insight on Princess Jasmine and Agrabah. I had no idea the original story was set in China.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

Scrap-Vamp is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Glad I could help a little
    Jen xXx

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12