Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss disney princesses in the Ask The Experts forums; I would like a list of all the names of the disney princesses. Does anyone know them all? Please help. Thanks!...
    hulks mother is offline A-Ticket holder

disney princesses

I would like a list of all the names of the disney princesses. Does anyone know them all? Please help. Thanks!

Rgjad is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Here you go- Cinderella, Aurora, Belle, Jasmine, Snow White, and Ariel. Sometimes people throw in Tinkerbelle, Mulan, Pocahontas. But I don't consider them part of the Princesses. Hope it helped.

dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    What about me? I go to Disney and I am a princess... Well more like the QUEEN!!! haha

jacketsfan683 is offline Fastpass Holder
    She's not a Princess but Mary Poppins was at The Princess Character breakfast we went to last year.
    Eric

Belle1313 is offline When I Wish Upon A Star, I Wish To Go To WDW
    The 6 main princessess are belle, cinderella, sleeping beauty, ariel, jasmine and snow white! Hope i helped!

JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    Okay heres a few that a lot of people don't think about. They are all Princesses but none the less they are still Disney Princesses here they are in a nutshell:

1. The Black Cauldron's: Princess Eilonwy (this one I'm pretty sure but not sure I do remember them refering to her as a princess but if you ever look her up in regards to this movie she only refer to by just are name and not Princess so she maybe the only one on this list that may not be a princess but I'm pretty sure she is. If anybody else can confirm let me know)
    2.Simba's Daughter:Princess Kiara (how could you forget this cutie)
    3.Disney's Atlantis: Princess Kida ( The only character so far that I could probaly play in the park )
    4.Lets' not forget Ariel does have 6 other sisters and they are also Disney Princesses and lets not forget Ariel's daughter Princess Melody
    5.Disney the Gummi Bears:Princess Calla ( I know I know I'm Nick picking now but hey you wanted a list of Disney Princesses )
    6.OH and of course are only live action Princess to date (well the only one I can think of right at this moment) Princess Mia from Disney's the Princess Diaries

So there you go the other lesser know Disney Princesses. I'm sure there is more but can't think of them right now
    Last edited by JEDIPRINCESS; 04-21-2005 at 03:47 PM.

YES I"M GOING BACK AGAIN FOR HALLOWEEN

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Hey All, Now that we have the complete list of Princesses, who can name the country of origin for each one? Kealani, my 5 year old, wants to know where Cinderella is from and it I should know this but...... I am having a brain spasm on some of these. Thanks in advance everyone.

Jacknife is offline A-Ticket holder
    Belle, Mary Poppins, Mulan, and Pocahontas definitely are NOT princesses in my book...

However, Princess Atta and Princess Dot (A Bug's Life) could both be added to the list.

Here are some other Disney Princess related threads:
    "Disney Princess: The Princess Tea Party Album"
    The other Disney Princesses

: . . : . : . : : . . . . : : : . . . : : : : . : . : : : : . : : : . : : . : . . : : : . . : : . : : . . : . :

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Thumbs up

In Kealani's world it is Cinderella, Aurora, Snow White, Belle, Jasmine, Mulan, Pochahontas, and Ariel. She calls the others pretend princesses. This is a great thread, but still no countries of origin. Any suggestions? Kea likes to look them up on the map and the globe to see how far they are from our world. Thanks again for the help, and interesting input.

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    Jacknife, why is Belle not a princess? She married a prince.

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    Pocahontas is so a princess...she is even called one in Pocahontas II. Just because she doesn't live in a castle, doesn't mean she's not as special.

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Quote Originally Posted by iwannabeminnie
    When did that happen?

I never felt the final scene was a wedding, but of a celebration of their love and the spell being broken. They are wearing the same clothes as the ballroom scene. You'd think if it was a wedding, they could have given Belle a wedding gown similar to what Ariel and Cinderella got....all three of those stories take place in France during a similar time. Heck...even Gaston got an appropriate outfit when he decided to propose to Belle. Both of the mid-quels to the original BATB take place during the time of the original film, so then don't tell us one way or the other if they actually tied the knot. People are left to assumed it happened I guess, but we aren't shown it. So I think Belle's princess status is kinda "iffy," but I can see how she gets lumped in with all the other princesses.

Regarding the countries...
    France - Ariel, Cinderella, and Belle
    Germany - Snow White
    Not sure where Aurora falls...either Germay or France.I've see her at the International Gateway at Epcot.
    China - Mulan
    Present day Virginia - Pocahontas (Not sure what the Powhatan people called the area)

Princess Jasmine I just assume any Middle Eastern/North African country, but nothing specific. WDW likes to place her at Morocco...since it's the only country in the World Showcase that would fit. Anyone more familar with 1,001 Arabian Nights and Scheherazade could possibly pinpoint Jasmine's country of origin? Persia?

Regarding Native American culture and status, I honestly don't know too much regarding the Powhatan people. However, I never felt Pocahontas was a princess either. And let us not forget, Disney's interpretation of this story is NOT 100% historically accurate...nor the sequel.
    Last edited by Mandabella; 05-11-2005 at 01:07 AM.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

Jacknife is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Stitch
    Pocahontas is so a princess...she is even called one in Pocahontas II. Just because she doesn't live in a castle, doesn't mean she's not as special.
    Sorry to disagree with you on this one Stitch, but believe me when I say that I have my reasons...

I think Mandabella answered iwannabeminnie's question for me...

Edit: BTW - I'm not trying to be argumentative with this whole Pocahontas thing. I just grew up in the mid-west surrounded by various Indian/Native American tribes, and had to learn about Indian/Native American history. My aim is to help educate the general populous that even Disney takes artistic licenses at times.
    Last edited by Jacknife; 05-11-2005 at 05:00 AM.

: . . : . : . : : . . . . : : : . . . : : : : . : . : : : : . : : : . : : . : . . : : : . . : : . : : . . : . :

jarmitc2032 is offline Lives At Epcot
    Quote Originally Posted by iwannabeminnie
    I think Belle had to be born a princess to be a princess.

JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    Quote Originally Posted by jarmitc2032
    I think Belle had to be born a princess to be a princess.
    Not really think about Lady Di she wasn't a princess when she married prince Charles and after she married him she was given the title of Princess of Wales. I think the whole BATB confusion is because like Mandabella said we just assumed that they got married in the end. But if you ever seen different version beside the Disney version of Beauty and the Beast they always end up usually getting married at the end of the story.

YES I"M GOING BACK AGAIN FOR HALLOWEEN

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast