Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss So how bad have the tour groups been lately? in the Ask The Experts forums; Originally Posted by dag0620 Ive been during Auguest every time never had this problem. Bravo - that's because most of the South Americans went back to school, so turismos are ...
    talfonso is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: So how bad have the tour groups been lately?

Quote Originally Posted by dag0620 View Post
    Ive been during Auguest every time never had this problem.
    Bravo - that's because most of the South Americans went back to school, so turismos are all but absent that month!
    Flexible Disney -
    The Blog for Walt Disney World-Crazed Disneyphiles

http://flexibledisney.com

To Date: 1991
    (PO?); 1994 (DL/PORS);1995, 1996 (x2), 1997, 1998, 1999, 2003 (x2) 2005
    (x2), 2006 (x2), 2007 (x2) 2008-2009 (x7) - all offsite

johnatthebar is offline C-Ticket Holder

gotta say I read the OP and cracked up. my girlfriend is Brazilian and for years I joke around with her about the tour groups with bright shirts taking up so much line space. good times.

on a more serious note, there was a lul after 9-11 because tourist visas were harder to come by but now its not so bad as far as that goes. the thing to keep in mind is that their summer break is our winter break etc. that being said I don't recall ever having a problem with the groups. in fact I think they are more pleasant than many other tourists.

Veritas is offline Real Men Dig the Mouse

I have to admit, I've been annoyed by the brazilian tour groups, but never had the misfortune that some of you have had to go through, We usually go in SEP or OCT or FEB. Usually slow for the Brazilian groups but we have been greatlt annoyed by the cheer, dance groups. Seriously there are few things more annoying that the cheer leader dance teams groups and thier parents! Most are fine but there is that percentage that meet the stereotype of the self absorbed cheer/dance primadonnas and their living vicariously htrough their spoiled spawn parents.
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

SITTM, No Retreat, No Surrender!

Our Highly Trained Experts Are Always Prepared To "Assist" You.

magicaltours is offline A-Ticket holder

I own and operate Magical Tours - a tour group that offers group and private tours lead by former Disney cast members. As a former CM with Magic Kingdom East Side Attractions, I had a lot of dealings with the tour groups (Brazilian, German, etc). While there were a few annoying Brazilian groups that came through our areas, I must admit, that their tour leaders were usually very quick to solve any problems once they were informed of the issues.

If anyone here ever sees a Magical Tours group traveling through any of the parks and notice their guests acting 'unmannerly', please let the leader know (they DO speak English). We have a strict policy that requires all of our guests to adhere to Disney's code of conduct, or the rest of their tour is canceled without a refund.

Thanks!

Huntertwilliams is offline B-Ticket Holder

I had the same exact problem as the man who posted this except i went in February and they where everywhere. Finally toward the end on my trip i discovered that particular group had rented the whole entire All Star Music Resort!!! But they where very annoying because they cheered wherever they went, did not listen to the cast members, would step right in front of you while you where walking on a path, and also worst of all right before fantasmic started one night one of the boys in the group pulled one of the most stupidest pranks i have ever seen. He actually dressed up like one of the Jonas brothers and ran through the middle of the crowd waiting for the show to begin. Of course hundreds of people went screaming and running everywhere not to mention what seemed like thousands of flashes from cameras going off in every direction. What a moron! Some one could have been seriously hurt. I am not trying to offend any Brazilians but i was a little mad. But that trip was still my best trip ever to WDW.

There were some Brazilian teens that where trying to pass almost the whole line in the Rocking Roller Coaster line area when i was down in WDW last February and they past me and i said wait but they obviously did not hear me but there were two girls in front of us and they asked them to stop but they did not listen but when they did one pf the girls went off!!!! It was so funny because the Brazilian teens where like scared. SO funny.

Also on night me and my family went to see one of the firework shows and it was a ling line to get on the bus to get back to our resort. Well there was this Brazilian family in front of us and it had been a while since a bus had come by for are resort but when one did come by that family just cut everyone and asked the cast member in a mean way if they could get on the bus and the cast member let them but you could tell she was a little stressed out.

haveronjones is offline A-Ticket holder

First, let me say that this really isn't anything anti-Brazilian. Let's face it - large groups of teenagers on holiday together, perhaps for the first time off the parental leash, would be a recipe for trouble anywhere in the world, and regardless of their origin. In fact, I'd be willing to bet that Brazilians would be among the better behaved. I'm guessing that quite a few of the subscribers to this site spent many a happy weekend during their teenage years in Florida during Spring Break (or, if they are British, in similar places like Ibiza) and they should perhaps cast their minds back to THOSE antics before being too critical of the tour groups!

However, having just spent a couple weeks in WDW with my young family (happily enough, off-resort - so we didn't have to fight with the TGs even to eat our breakfast) I did find them extremely tiresome. Part of this was just the simple fact that they were EVERYWHERE. You just could not look anywhere in the whole of central Florida without clapping eyes on someone in a brightly coloured cycling shirt. They looked like the entire peloton of the Tour de France in full flow. And, like professional cyclists, I certainly did form the impression that they had been heavily coached - albeit by their TG 'handlers' in how to get the best value for their visit.

On countless occasions, I saw tour guides with stacks of what must have been at least 100 park tickets in hand, feeding them through FastPass machines - and even on rides with no FP facility, it seemed perfectly acceptable for one person to queue (that's English English for "stand in line", BTW) only to be joined later by about 50 friends.

I think that most WDW visitors will tolerate one adult holding a place in line while the other adult entertains the kids in a store, or perhaps takes them to a restroom or to get a soda. It's just common sense, and we have all been there - or WILL be there in the future. But when a horde of teenagers is trying to pull the same trick, and leveraging a line 'placeholder' by a factor of 50/1 as opposed to 3/1, I think we have a right to be upset.

The reason why WDW welcomes these guys with open arms is obvious: spending power. This much is clear from the masses of hormonal Brazilian humanity carpeting the floors of Florida Mall, each weighed down with countless bags containing hundreds of dollars' worth of Abercrombie & Fitch and rendering impossible safe passage for any other shoppers. But families have spending power, too - and pretty soon the tour groups will give WDW such a bad name that families stop coming at certain times of year.

I suggest that WDW should employ dedicated TG liaison officers (perhaps they already do?) whose job it is to patrol the parks at problematic times of year and watch out for examples of the sort of rude or inconsiderate behaviour so extensively documented here. They would be able to speak with the kids themselves and with the tour reps (in Portuguese and / or Spanish as applicable, so no-one would have an excuse of "no English") and hopefully discourage them from the antisocial behaviour. The very presence of these 'stewards' would reassure other patrons, and hopefully moderate the exuberance of the TGs to reasonable levels.

As it is, perhaps the worst example I can recall of poor management of these folks by WDW occurred at Blizzard Beach. You know that kids' area, dedicated for the under 12s? And you know the zipline ride, which you slide down and drop off to fall into the water? Well, when my kids were trying to use it, it was simply swarming with Brazilians who were way too old, way too tall and way too heavy to go on the ride. But because WDW had staffed the ride only with a lifeguard at the bottom - who was powerless to control who had access to it - and because the Brazilians all appeared not to understand the word "STOP", it was bedlam.

Anyway, I'm sure that if proper liaison officers were employed by WDW - at very little cost relative to their total HR bill - a lot of these problems would simply go away.

Tim
    Last edited by haveronjones; 08-03-2010 at 07:09 PM.

Mr. Tom Morrow is offline C-Ticket Holder

WDW is a family destination not somewhere you take a field trip to. Take them to Cedar Point or Six Flags, they would probably like it there better anyways since they are geared more for teens.

I just hate how LOUD they are.

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by haveronjones View Post
    On countless occasions, I saw tour guides with stacks of what must have been at least 100 park tickets in hand, feeding them through FastPass machines - and even on rides with no FP facility, it seemed perfectly acceptable for one person to queue (that's English English for "stand in line", BTW) only to be joined later by about 50 friends.
    here is my number one "gripe" with the tour groups...

is it necessary for 100 people to need fastpasses...? seriously...? especially with WDW's policy... if you have say 10:15 on your return time and your friend has 10:25 say... they let you both on together... how exactly does that work if you have 100 people with times ranging from 10:00 to 11:00...?

as everyone above posted... you let them do what they want... because of spending power... and the unfortunate guest who wants to get a fastpass for his wife and 2 kids has to wait and watch the return time pass an hour right before his very eyes before he can even get to the machine...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

oh and how crowded does that actually make the attraction when 50-60 extra people get on the fastpass line at the same time... when normally maybe only 20 people will get on that side of the line...

yes then we wonder why the TSMM and Soarin' lines are 185 minutes long...!
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation

i seen this in acation at studios..the line to get in the lil mermaid show was long.. but me and brent was going to wait as you now it moves pretty good.. because its a big theater.. well all of a sudden the fast pass line blew up.. it was longer than the reg wait line.. they were having to tell people with fast passes to come back at later times. because they could come on during their appointed ride time.. i'm guessin they were a tour group.. studios was our last day.. and by the time that happened we had been putting up with the tour groups the whole stay and i was done with it.. so we left
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

DisneyCastMem is offline A-Ticket holder

Wink Re: So how bad have the tour groups been lately?

This is a new site about the Brazilian Tour groups if you have any frustrating stories you want to share or need to get a hold of any central Fl theme park to voice your opinion on the tour groups destroying the magic for others.

banbraziliantourgroups.weebly.com/

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123