Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss ticket price increase coming in August? in the Ask The Experts forums; We're going to the World next January and between now and then, I need to get some PH tickets. For budgeting reasons, I'd rather wait until after summer to get ...
    MrCottonsParrot is offline B-Ticket Holder

ticket price increase coming in August?

We're going to the World next January and between now and then, I need to get some PH tickets. For budgeting reasons, I'd rather wait until after summer to get them.

BUT, I'll pick them up sooner if I can get them before a price increase. I realize that increases aren't announced far in advance, so there's a risk it trying to 'guess' at it.

I heard a rumor about an August timeframe to raise ticket prices. Does anyone know anything more about that?

nicks10 is offline @nick_straka

Re: ticket price increase coming in August?

It's a good bet that they will raise prices. I'd pick up your tickets now just to be safe if you are worried about an increase.
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

Spodie is offline Fastpass Holder

Yeah, if you have the funds to do it now, do it now. If I'm not mistaken, Disney usually raises ticket prices in August, so there's a good chance they will do it then. You're going to have to buy the tickets at some point, so you might as well do it now.
    ~Ashleigh

dzneynut is offline Trivia Nut & Supplier of Games

Traditionally, regular ticket prices increase on the first Sunday in August, which this year falls on the 2nd. All ticket prices do not go up the same amount, and there will probably be very little official warning of the increase.
    JamesD
    dzneynut@wdwradio.com

My DVD Profiler Collection

Future Disney Trips:
    Oct. 26-Nov. 2, 2013 staying at Beach Club Villas for my birthday and Food & Wine Festival!
    Nov. 2-9, 2013 for WDWRadio Cruise aboard the Disney Fantasy!

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

I agree, they will most likely go up. I don't see why they would not go up. The parks still seem to busy, even if sales from merchandise and table service restaurants are down. I do not think the park admission price "bubble" has hit yet. You could check with MEI Mousefan Travel to see what rumors they have heard. They alway seem to be on top of everything.

eyeinthesky is offline C-Ticket Holder

Agreed, the past few years it's been the first Sunday in August.
    Creator, The Best of Walt Disney World
    www.bestwdw.com

oakmanner is offline A-Ticket holder

I wonder if in this economy they might consider forgoing an increase at this time?

1998- Dixie Landings, 2000- Dixie Landings, 2001- DLR, 2002- DLR, 2002- Port Orleans Riverside, 2003- Port Orleans Riverside, 2003- Pop Century, 2004- Pop Century, 2006- Pop Century, 2007- Port Orleans Riverside, 2008- Land & Sea; Beach Club & Disney Wonder, 2008- Saratoga Springs, 2009-Saratoga Springs, 2010- Animal Kingdom Villas

TestSherpa is offline D-Ticket Holder

I think you have a better shot of them leaving the ticket prices low this year than in others, but I still think they'll go up. They're counting on the parks for profit this year.
    M
    Founder of TestSherpa LSAT Test Preparation
    The LSAT is not as fun as the Haunted Mansion, but just as scary.

Missin'Disney is offline A-Ticket holder

Quote Originally Posted by oakmanner View Post
    I wonder if in this economy they might consider forgoing an increase at this time?
    Yeah, don't hold your breath on this one!!