Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Camera Bag Suggestion? in the Ask The Experts forums; My upcoming trip in September will be the first with our 16 month old....a whole new experience with stroller, diaper bag, etc.... We're also bringing our camcorder for the first ...
    WDWPartners is offline A-Ticket holder

Camera Bag Suggestion?

My upcoming trip in September will be the first with our 16 month old....a whole new experience with stroller, diaper bag, etc.... We're also bringing our camcorder for the first time, along with our Canon Rebel XT digital SLR. Does anyone have a suggestion of a great camera bag that could hold BOTH and not be too cumbersome to carry around all day? Right now - I have them in two seperate bags. Any suggestions would be great!

Piglit is offline C-Ticket Holder

Re: Camera Bag Suggestion?

Hi, I don't know of a specific camera bag but if you have a look at the Kipling range -

Kipling

you might find something suitable there. They're lightweight and practical.
    "Peace, Love & Mickey Mouse"

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

When we had little ones that needed a diaper bag, we used to load the cameras in the waterproof diaper bag. The diapers and changing pad made a nice cushion. Since then, I just use a regluar backpack. My latest is the WDW Ecobag that you can purchase with a $40 retail purchase in one of the stores. Hint: If you you make purchases in different stores that are individually less than $40, but added together will make $40, show the receipts to the CM at the cash register. We had a CM offer to do this for us.

Since I also carry the ponchos in this bag, it stays padded for the cameras. I also bought a cheap padded samsonite camera bag for the digital camera. Seems to work well.

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

One other thing, we eithre hung the diaper bag on the stroller or put it in the little basket underneath depending on what type of stroller we had. A lot easier than carrying.

WDWPartners is offline A-Ticket holder

Thank you both so much!

elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

I have owned several Tamrac bags and have never been disappointed. They have many models from which to chose.http://www.tamrac.com/

zippitydoodah is offline Annual Passholder

I have two SLR backpacks that I bring to the parks with me... one is a sling style (Lowepro) and the other is a more typical backpack (Black's... I think its a canadian company, its a photography store here in Canada). Im not sure if it would work for you, but theres lots of room for the camera and lenses and lots of extra pockets for other stuff... I can bring a waterbottle, sunscreen, a sweater, wallet and all that plus the camera stuff. The backpack one fits more stuff and the slingback is easier for photography because you can just slide the actual backpack part to your tummy and pull out the camera without taking it off your back. Not sure if something like that would work for you? I just find that its easier on my shoulders and I'm much less likely to put it down and forget about it :P