Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Question about Extra Magic Hours in the Ask The Experts forums; I am going to Disney in May and was looking at the Extra Magic Hours. I understand that only certain rides and select shops and restarants stay open, but I ...
    yoda_5729 is offline A-Ticket holder

Question about Extra Magic Hours

I am going to Disney in May and was looking at the Extra Magic Hours. I understand that only certain rides and select shops and restarants stay open, but I was wondering if any of the characters were out in the park during these hours. Are any of the meet-and-greets open and are there any characters about. That's about the only question I have, Thanks

Passarino6 is offline Dreaming of Something Disney!
    I do not know if this still happens, but when I went to the Magic Kingdom for Extra hours one night, Mickey and Minnie, Goofy and Pluto, and Chip and Dale were all in the covered areas at the top of Main Street in front of the castle. There were there for photos and autographs for about an hour. It was a lot cooler out so they could be out longer. It was cool because they didn't get overly crowded.
    -Kevin

If we can dream it, we can do it.

TrendyMagic is offline On Mars
    Characters are out for EMH's. Check at that park as they do vary greatly sometimes.

jarmitc2032 is offline Lives At Epcot
    What is Extra Magic Hours

DisneyonaDime is offline Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by jarmitc2032
    What is Extra Magic Hours
    In a nutshell- It's part of Disney's new benefits for their resort guests. If you stay at a Disney Resort you can go into the parks an hour early or stay up to three hours after they close. The schedule of participating parks and times (morning or evening) changes everyday.
    Chris
    Co-author of "Disney on a Dime"- now for sale !!!! Get our new book, plus some extra free goodies when you buy from our site-
    www.DisneyonaDime.com
    Find daily and weekly tips, updates, and now- our book.
    "You can drop a grand in Disney World like that!"- Frank Costanza

To add on to DoaD, each park is open at least one morning and one night each week.

Didn't you love it when an extra magic hour was truley magical!
    You know when it was a 7 a.m. rather than 8 a.m. where everybody is already up. My father and I could go on SM 5 times before the 8 a.m. opening. Those were great times when they were early entry. Now we try to avoid it at any cost. hehehehehe
    Well I'll be hoho, It's the Blue Fairy

"See it in your mind and you can find in your imagination, mysteries and magic, visions fantastic, leading to strange and wondrous dreams, Dreams are make believe, but could they all come true?"

I love Fantasmic!

The ONE and only= Mickeywanna on VMK!!

I love the late ones now. I wasn't really sure when I first heard about it. Not many will stay three hours past closing, if you do it is great!

My father and I started out on one of those, but weent ahead oveer to MK, the attractions that are available anywhere bsides the AK is kinda little.

"See it in your mind and you can find in your imagination, mysteries and magic, visions fantastic, leading to strange and wondrous dreams, Dreams are make believe, but could they all come true?"

I love Fantasmic!

Tampa is offline No longer in service
    awwwwww man... I stay at the Gator Land Motel in Kissimee...

Triviateer is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by yoda_5729
    I am going to Disney in May and was looking at the Extra Magic Hours. I understand that only certain rides and select shops and restarants stay open, but I was wondering if any of the characters were out in the park during these hours. Are any of the meet-and-greets open and are there any characters about. That's about the only question I have, Thanks
    Yes, you should find several characters out and about.
    "The greatest happiness in life is the conviction that we are loved - loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves." --Victor Hugo

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    My question is: When it is open late, what do you have to do to get to stay? What do they do to prove who is really a resort guest?

You have to be staying at a WDW resort and show your current room key/card.

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    Okay, sounds easy enough. How will they stop people from using this incorrectly? What is to stop someone from "helping" some non-resort guest by having them use a resort key/card?

No, I am not someone who cheats, I teach middle school. I am a conformist who follows the rules! I am always trying to out-think others. It is a case of survival for me!

They will have booths around the park near closing and make sure to have every single party members room key with you so they can issue a wrist band.

I love Fantasmic!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast