Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Soarin Question in the Ask The Experts forums; Hi, I was wondering whether Soarin' had any health limitations. My father has had heart problems in the past and usually can't go on many of the newer rides, but ...
    yoda_5729 is offline A-Ticket holder

Soarin Question

Hi, I was wondering whether Soarin' had any health limitations. My father has had heart problems in the past and usually can't go on many of the newer rides, but from what I understand Soarin' is not all that intense. Maybe some one who has been on the ride could sugest to me if it really is tame enough for him to go on Thanks

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    The actual motion of the ride isn't that intense (though it is greatly emphasized when coupled with the huge movie), but you might ask to ride in the third (lowest) row so he's not lifted high quickly.

The DCA version didn't have a warning when it first opened (I have a guidemap from 2001 with no warnings) but it does now (found on Disneyland.com). Disneyworld.com does not currently list a 'be in good health' warning for Soarin', but someone who has already been on it at WDW may be able to confirm if there is one or not.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

JLTraveling is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I don't recall any health warnings for Soarin' at WDW. I can't imagine that it would cause any problems, as the actual movement is so minimal.

TrendyMagic is offline On Mars
    The only restrictions they give are Fear of Height s and motion sickness. These really are not much of a problem though. It is a very gentle ride that will give you the sensation of flying.

They do have warnings, but nothing that could possibly harm you in anyway, but if your scared of height or sudden movements, you might wanna pass.
    If not, Totally go for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Well I'll be hoho, It's the Blue Fairy

"See it in your mind and you can find in your imagination, mysteries and magic, visions fantastic, leading to strange and wondrous dreams, Dreams are make believe, but could they all come true?"

I love Fantasmic!

The ONE and only= Mickeywanna on VMK!!