Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Caribbean Resort or Pop Century in the Ask The Experts forums; Im making plans for our family trip next summer!!!! I was just pricing resorts and the dining plan. Pop and Caribbean are very close in price. We will be driving ...
    kentgurgie is offline B-Ticket Holder

Caribbean Resort or Pop Century

Im making plans for our family trip next summer!!!! I was just pricing resorts and the dining plan. Pop and Caribbean are very close in price. We will be driving so well have a car. The last 2 times we went we stayed at Fort Wilderness cabins and Port Orlean FQ. Love both of them, never stayed at POP before but years ago I stayed at Caribbean, I remember liking it very much. It will only be 4 of us My wife and 2 sons ages 6 and 8. Thanks for any suggestions ahead of time.

flutter is offline Moderator

Re: Caribbean Resort or Pop Century

I almost always stay at Pop Century, I don't spend much time at the resort nor do I have 4 people in the room but I enjoy the resort. That said I believe Caribean beach has the Pirate themed rooms that looked really cool in pictures I saw I bet the boys would love that and I believe the rooms are a bit bigger than Pops. Aslo there is a sit down restaraunt Pop only has the foodcourt if that makes a difference to you.
    My 2 cents...have a great trip

Oh and summer time....Caribean beach will have a cooler pool than Pop

DopeyDancer87 is offline Disney Obsessed Since 1988 :-)

I prefer the Caribbean Beach over any of the Value Resorts (All-Stars). Although it is the largest hotel Disney has on property (which means lots of bus stops) it is also close to EPCOT, and the food court is nicely done with plenty of options. The pool and slide are pretty cool as well, and you can't go wrong with a caribbean theme!

Keep in mind that when you stay at any of the All-Stars, you share a bus with all of the All Star resorts, which means when you leave the park late at night, the wait to get on a bus can sometimes be up to an hour (believe me, I've done it, and on a hot Florida night, the last thing you want to be doing is sitting on a bus line with a crowd of people with your feet hurting!)
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney

"Adults are just grown up kids, anyway." -Walt Disney

(((Por favor mantangense alejado de las puertas )))

*My Visits*
    1988 - Polynesian Resort*1991- Port Orleans*1992- Port Orleans*1994- Wilderness Lodge*1995- Caribbean Beach*1997- Boardwalk*1998- Old Key West*1999- All- Star Movies*2000- Wilderness Lodge*2000- Caribbean Beach*2001- Wilderness Lodge*2001- Port Orleans Riverside*2001- Coronado Springs*2002 - Boardwalk*2003 - Contemporary*2003 - Caribbean Beach*2003 - All Star Sports & Music*2004- Grand Californian (DL)*2004 - Boardwalk*2005 - Boardwalk*2006 - Wilderness Lodge*2007- Boardwalk*2007 - Wilderness Lodge*2008 - Saratoga Springs*2009 - Off Site*2011 - Bay Lake Tower/Boardwalk Villas*February, 2012 - POFQ

Quote Originally Posted by DopeyDancer87 View Post
    I prefer the Caribbean Beach over any of the Value Resorts (All-Stars). Although it is the largest hotel Disney has on property (which means lots of bus stops) it is also close to EPCOT, and the food court is nicely done with plenty of options. The pool and slide are pretty cool as well, and you can't go wrong with a caribbean theme!

Keep in mind that when you stay at any of the All-Stars, you share a bus with all of the All Star resorts, which means when you leave the park late at night, the wait to get on a bus can sometimes be up to an hour (believe me, I've done it, and on a hot Florida night, the last thing you want to be doing is sitting on a bus line with a crowd of people with your feet hurting!)
    This is true...but the OP was choosing between Pop(which has it's own buses) and CB and will have a car....still I would probably go with CB unless Pop was alot cheaper

Lover_of_Disney is offline A-Ticket holder

CB is a moderate. Pop is a value. If what you're looking for is about the same in price, I would go for CB. If you've got little ones, I know you can sort of "pre-order" your stroller there. I'm not sure about the values, but I do know that the moderates and deluxes have this service. Plus at CB you've got beaches! That's great if you and your spouse want some alone time together.

Plus, CB has bigger rooms and has a better theme than Pop IMO. It puts you in a time and place, rather than Pop which just puts in several different time periods. The only possible con to staying at CB is that it's a big resort and has multiple bus stops inside the resort, which Pop only has one. This could lead to a longer commute.

Also - Pop really isn't close to anything. Maybe DHS, but it's really not that close. CB is nice and close to Epcot. And if it's close to Epcot, then DHS can't be far away.
    A dream is *WISH* your heart makes, when you're fast asleep.

Going to Disney this June of '10!

`~`A true Disney princes!`~`

Disnyfan83 is offline Fastpass Holder

I really love both resorts, but if I had to choose between the two (and had 2 little boys), I would say the Caribbean beach. They will absolutely LOVE the pool with the fort and canons!!

The rooms also give you a bit more space, and they have recently put new mattresses in all the rooms, and they are delightful!!

The Pop Century is a perfect size for two people - but with two little ones, I would pay a bit more for a moderate resort.
    Leslie Henson
    leslieH@mei-travel.com
    affiliated w/ MEI & Mouse Fan Travel

Old Magic Kingdom Tour Guides never retire -- we still tell people where to go and what to do!

Motokitten953 is offline A-Ticket holder

I've stayed at POP several times and love it - the themeing, eatery, the pool (which I've never used) and the gift shop at the resort are all great. I'm booked for CB this coming Thanksgiving - but stayed at Port Orleans FQ during my last stay and - if for nothing else, the larger rooms and REALLY Comfy beds makes the extra cost for the moderates is worth it.

LauraJ