Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss When do Vacation Package park tickets expire? in the Ask The Experts forums; Here is the rub. I'm going to Disney with 3 people (myself, my wife, and a friend). My buddy is only going to be there about half of the time, ...
    kretzcr is offline A-Ticket holder

When do Vacation Package park tickets expire?

Here is the rub. I'm going to Disney with 3 people (myself, my wife, and a friend). My buddy is only going to be there about half of the time, but we will all be sharing the same room while he is there. We also all want to get the dining plan. So here are my thoughts on how to do this...

I essentially make 2 reservations. The first is when all three of us will be there. At the end of the first reservation, my buddy can take the Magical Express back to the airport at check-out, and my wife and I will probably move to another more romantic resort. On the second reservation it will be just the two of us. The question I have is this, if I buy extra park tickets on the first reservation, can I use them on the second part? When do these tickets expire? Is it at check-out or is there a time limit? It will be incredibly cheaper, if I only buy the one-day ticket on the second reservation just to qualify for the dining plan and get the bulk discount tickets from the first reservation.

Any holes in my plan? Thanks for any advice you guys have.

Re: When do Vacation Package park tickets expire?

Opps, this thread may belong in the Vacation Planning Thread instead.

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Sounds liek a good question for MEI Mousefan travel. The plan sounds good, but they are experts and worth your time to call.

Yeah, I've emailed them but have not gotten an answer yet.

Disnyfan83 is offline Fastpass Holder

Hi kretzcr -

Your plan is a good one! Park tickets expire 14 days from the first time you use them - so, if you are staying less than 14 days total, go ahead and buy them with the first room reservation to get the better ticket price, and use them after you've switched to the other resort.

Just remember, once you've switched to the other resort, you'll have to room keys to keep track of - the first one which now is your ticket key, and the second one which now is your room key!

Have fun!
    Leslie Henson
    leslieH@mei-travel.com
    affiliated w/ MEI & Mouse Fan Travel

Old Magic Kingdom Tour Guides never retire -- we still tell people where to go and what to do!

Thanks for the tip.

Here is a follow up question. Are the tickets you buy bound to each person somehow. If my friend leaves early and he's still got extra tickets on his key, can I use them?

Also, what would be the best way for my wife and I to swtich between resorts? Can we just take our luggage and such on the normal Disney buses?

Quote Originally Posted by kretzcr View Post
    Thanks for the tip.

Here is a follow up question. Are the tickets you buy bound to each person somehow. If my friend leaves early and he's still got extra tickets on his key, can I use them?
    theoretically no. Your friend's finger scan will be coded to his room key/ticket card. So, when you try to use it, it will not let you in the gate, this happens all the time of course for vatious reason, and the castmember usually overrides the gate and lets the person in. But, the castmember also may ask for an ID to see if your name matches up with the name on the ticket. If that is the case, you will not be getting in, and they may confiscate the ticket as well. So - it's sort of like gambling -- you may get in with it, but you may not!
    Leslie Henson
    leslieH@mei-travel.com

Old Magic Kingdom Tour Guides never retire -- we still tell people where to go and what to do!

Quote Originally Posted by kretzcr View Post
    Also, what would be the best way for my wife and I to stitch between resorts? Can we just take our luggage and such on the normal Disney buses?

You have two ways of switching luggage between resorts -

One is, when checking out of your first resort, take your bags down to Bell Services and ask them to transfer your bags for you to the next resort. Be sure to keep any valuables and medication with you. They will be more than happy to transfer your bags for you - but sometimes this can take quite a while. And, in a few instances, bags have been "missing in action" for quite some time!

The other way is to check out of your first resort and with your bags, grab a taxi to your other resort. Check in, and if they do not have your room ready, just check your bags with Bell services there.

Luggage is not allowed on the Disney buses, so those are your best options.
    Leslie Henson
    leslieH@mei-travel.com

Thanks for the good advice Leslie. You've been a big help. Check your MEI email.