Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Touring the parks during value season in the Ask The Experts forums; I've read a lot and heard a lot about lines and reservations and I'm just wondering how does all this info translate into value season? We are going to be ...
    amyw138 is offline A-Ticket holder

Touring the parks during value season

I've read a lot and heard a lot about lines and reservations and I'm just wondering how does all this info translate into value season? We are going to be at the parks Nov. 29 through Dec. 5. I'm just wondering if anyone has any experience touring the parks during this week-we'll we benefit from this? Will we be able to see more or is the difference subtle from other times? Will reservations be easier? Thanks!
    Amy W

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Re: Touring the parks during value season

While park hours are shorter, the year we were able to tour during a value season, we were able to see and do everything. We even did a walk up at Crystal Palace at noon and were seated in 15 minutes. That was probably luck, but it worked.

DopeyDancer87 is offline Disney Obsessed Since 1988 :-)

I love going during value season! While they may have a few things shut down for refurb and the park hours are shorter, I find it to be much more leisurely and you do get to everything you want to see because the lines are so much shorter. We went in January once and did MK in one day - some rides more than once! Space Mountain was even a walk up which is just unheard of! We went around the time you are going just a few years ago, and it was nice because the park was fairly empty, but they were just decorating for Christmas which was nice to see.

Although reservations are pretty easy to get, I'd recommend making a few that you KNOW you really want, just in case!
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney

"Adults are just grown up kids, anyway." -Walt Disney

(((Por favor mantangense alejado de las puertas )))

*My Visits*
    1988 - Polynesian Resort*1991- Port Orleans*1992- Port Orleans*1994- Wilderness Lodge*1995- Caribbean Beach*1997- Boardwalk*1998- Old Key West*1999- All- Star Movies*2000- Wilderness Lodge*2000- Caribbean Beach*2001- Wilderness Lodge*2001- Port Orleans Riverside*2001- Coronado Springs*2002 - Boardwalk*2003 - Contemporary*2003 - Caribbean Beach*2003 - All Star Sports & Music*2004- Grand Californian (DL)*2004 - Boardwalk*2005 - Boardwalk*2006 - Wilderness Lodge*2007- Boardwalk*2007 - Wilderness Lodge*2008 - Saratoga Springs*2009 - Off Site*2011 - Bay Lake Tower/Boardwalk Villas*February, 2012 - POFQ

Sharon&Randy is offline D-Ticket Holder

Hi!

I believe this is at a free dining time. Usually when there is free dining, reservations are a must!

Sharon

firemedic is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Yes, It's free dining time! We are going Thankgiving week and I have just gotten all the reservations that we wanted. Some places were packed up and we couldn't get reservations, but the staff was very helpful with ideas for other restaurants.

You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
    Walt Disney