Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Bridging to an AP in the Ask The Experts forums; We are kicking around the idea of upgrading to an AP. We currently have (2) 5-Day Park Hoppers for our next trip. We got them as part of the Disney's ...
    hbk1313 is offline A-Ticket holder

Bridging to an AP

We are kicking around the idea of upgrading to an AP.

We currently have (2) 5-Day Park Hoppers for our next trip. We got them as part of the Disney's Military Salute. I believe they were $125 plus tax ($99 base plus $26 Park Hopper Option).

Scenario A: If I walk up to Guest Services before I use the pass at all and upgrade to AP, WDW will give me a credit of $125 towards a FL Resident Annaul Pass ($393), so my AP would cost an additional $268.

Scenario B: I use one day on my 5-Day Park Hopper, and then upgrade to an FL Resident AP, WDW will give me a credit of $277 (gate price of 4-day Park Hopper), so my AP would cost an additional $116.

Are my scenarios correct? Scenario B seems too good to be true, it essentially doubles my initial investment.

Did I miss some key element of bridging? Am I going to be really disappointed if I try to pull this off?

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

Re: Bridging to an AP

There are a couple of errors here...

If these were regular MYW tickets, then in the case of Scenario B you would in fact get gate price credit for 5-day park hopper ($280), since that is what the ticket was, regardless of whether the days are used or unused. The difference is that the expiration date of the AP will be backdated to the date of first use of the ticket. Of course any upgrade must be done within 14 days of first use.

But the key here is that they are NOT MYW tickets, rather they are Armed Forces Salute tickets...

The complimentary (free) ticket for the service member cannot be upgraded in any way. This is true of all complimentary tickets.

The companion ($99) tickets, which I assume is what you have, CAN be upgraded to APs or SPs, however, price bridging will not take place. You will get the purchase price in credit.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator and more
    New: Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Re: Bridging to an AP

That sounds correct. I actually bypassed the $125 PH ticket this year because they could not be upgrades and we needed 10 day PH tickets. It was cheaper to buy a 10 day PH at the normal military rate than purchase the 5 day military salute and 5 day PH. Still, it was very nice of Disney to make this offer to military families.