Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss 2 dining plan questions in the Ask The Experts forums; I'm taking my wife and kids, ages 6 (girl), 11 (boy) & 16 (boy) plus my 16 year-old's best friend (also 16 boy) to WDW in late January/early February. (We ...
    cfried is offline A-Ticket holder

2 dining plan questions

I'm taking my wife and kids, ages 6 (girl), 11 (boy) & 16 (boy) plus my 16 year-old's best friend (also 16 boy) to WDW in late January/early February. (We are staying in a 2-bedroom MK-view Bay Lake Tower room--can't wait!) I am likely to opt for putting everyone on a standard dining plan. The two 16-year-olds are likely to tour on their own and eat a lot more than my 11-year-old.

1) Once the 16-year-olds have used up their dining credits, can they tap into the rest of the family's dining plan, or are the meal plans tied to individuals, not to the room?

2) What counts as a meal for the dining plan at a quick service restaurant? For example, if I order flat bread (an entree) at Contempo with french fries on the side, does the flat bread count as the meal with the french fries costing extra?

Thanks for any insights! -- Carl

wdwtristan is offline Annual Passholder

Re: 2 dining plan questions

1) Once the 16-year-olds have used up their dining credits, can they tap into the rest of the family's dining plan, or are the meal plans tied to individuals, not to the room?
    As long as you guys are staying in the same room the credits are tied to the room. e.g. if you were staying for 5 days your room would get 30 TS, 30 QS, and 30 snacks to use whenever or by whoever you like.

2) What counts as a meal for the dining plan at a quick service restaurant? For example, if I order flat bread (an entree) at Contempo with french fries on the side, does the flat bread count as the meal with the french fries costing extra?
    At a majority of QS locations a meal counts as a combo meal or entree, side and drink. Im am not sure about the Contempo specifically but if they have combos that what you will get.

BTW My recommendations for QS meals are Pinocchio's Village Haus in Fantasyland( because of the milkshake alternative and sometimes they will even upgrade your side to the Figaro Fries) and The Restaurant at the American Adventure ( the portions of food are absurd there)

Hope this helps

cfried is offline A-Ticket holder

Great information -- thanks for the quick reply! -- Carl

wdwtristan is offline Annual Passholder

your quite welcome
    do you have any other questions?