Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss since when??? in the Ask The Experts forums; take a look at this picture...I don't seem to remember pluto having puppies. am i wrong?? and if I am, who did he have puppies with......
    Summer Sun is offline Wishing a certain someone would take me to Neverland

since when???

take a look at this picture...I don't seem to remember pluto having puppies. am i wrong?? and if I am, who did he have puppies with...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Walt Disney World
    Where Dreams Come True
    Celebrating 35 Years
    Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom

jarmitc2032 is offline Lives At Epcot
    I quess he does now.

dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    Um.. I don't see Minnie anywhere in that photo!! Can we say Scandal???

DisneyGuy81 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Well, like most kids think when they are young....the stork brought them to him...

-Scott
    -Scott

The Happiest Place on Earth!!!

Cindertina is offline A-Ticket holder
    There was a cartoon with them once, I can't remember the name, but I think it involved paint.

4Mickey is offline "But why is the Rum gone?"
    Yes, I've seen them before too. I have the Pluto DVD (Treasures). I'll try to check it out tonight & let you know the name of the cartoon.
    "What ARRRRGH you doing?"

"What are you doing?"
    "No, What ARRRRGH you doing?"
    Cap'n Jack lives again!
    "I'll try anything once or twice, that's the kind of mouse I am"

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!
    Pluto can't have puppes, Silly... he's a boy-dog!

But seriously... I too remember seeing a cartoon waaaay back that involved a bunch of little yeller puppydogs hanging out messing with our favorite pooch, pluto.

And although I never thought of this before just now as I'm sitting here writing, Pluto is kind of a goofy (no pun intended, honestly) name for a dog... anyone know where that name originated from? (and don't tell me that's what Mickey named him...duh! I mean where the idea for his character came from, and how Pluto came to be the chosen name.) All of a sudden I'm intrigued.
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

MickeyBabe is offline Lady Administrator..................... Sassy but Humble Parks Game Player
    Don
    ~ Valerie
    WDWRadio.com Senior Staff - Site Administrator
    *)
    ..*) .*)
    (. (. * Faith Trust and Pixie Dust*

I'm a first day D23 Charter Member!

One man's Trivia is another man's Wisdom

MickeyBabe is offline Lady Administrator..................... Sassy but Humble Parks Game Player
    Here's what I found quickly between work and running around....

"The dog that would eventually evolve into Pluto made his debut as a bloodhound in the Mickey Mouse cartoon "The Chain Gang" in 1930. Later that year he appeared as Minnie Mouse's dog, Rover, in "The Picnic," and the following year finally became Mickey's dog Pluto in "The Moose Hunt."

Mickey's faithful pet Pluto starred in 48 of his own cartoons, but also appeared along with Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck in many of their cartoons.

Pluto was created as an actual dog character, with no speaking voice, as opposed to Goofy, who was created as a human character."

~ Valerie
    WDWRadio.com Senior Staff - Site Administrator
    *)
    ..*) .*)
    (. (. * Faith Trust and Pixie Dust*

I'm a first day D23 Charter Member!

One man's Trivia is another man's Wisdom

rosworms is offline The Harry Potter fandom's little Disney Freak
    maybe Pluto adopted.... i'd hate to think of him acting like my dog does... ya know.... to make babies....
    Disney Trips
    May 1994- WDW (off property)
    May 1997- WDW (off property)
    March 2001- WDW (off property)
    May 2006- Disneyland (off property)
    September 2010- WDW (POFQ)
    October 2012 - Wedding and Honeymoon! - WDW (POR)

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!
    MBabe... thanks for the history. I was questioning the name Pluto because I was wondering it if had any implied relation to the planet, considering how much of Disney is dedicated towards the future and space exploration and such. I know Pluto is much older than the examples I'm givin here, but with parks and locations named things like tomorrowland, EPCOT, and future world,... and names such as Tom Morrow and TimeKeeper circulated throughout these parks regularly, I just wondered if the name Pluto was due in any part to Uncle Walt's apparent interest in space exploration and what the future might bring.
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

bigbrian-nc.com is offline WDW: A History In Postcards
    As a small trvial note here did you know that the reason the planet pluto is named pluto not only as the roman name for the greek god of the underworld (hades) but also as a tribute to astronomer Percival Lowell (as the abbrevaition for Pluto PL is the same as mr lowell's intitials). Mr lowell is probably best known for his observations of Mars (the old "Canal systems" vision of the planet), but was also involved in the search for the object that had a gravitational pull affect of the orbits of Jupiter, Uranus, and Neptune...this search led to the discovery of Pluto...though pluto itself is too small to account for the gravitation affect that is seen...leading most scientists to suspect there is some other large body out there beyond pluto...Some say a planet, others say a "Brown dwarf", which would be a big ball of gas not large enough to ignite as a star (wouldn't Jupiter be a brown dwarf by that definition?) theres also great number of comets out beyond Pluto "The oort (Spelling?) cloud", the comets we see in the inner solar system are ones that have been pulled out of that cloud by colloisions and gravitational pull. boy that turned into a long digression!

Walt Disney World: A History in Postcards

TrendyMagic is offline On Mars
    Yep the dog was named after the planet. Pluto the planet was found in 1930, the same year Pluto the dog appeared.

Tampa is offline No longer in service
    extremely interesting Brian! I love that stuff.

Triviateer is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Summer Sun
    take a look at this picture...I don't seem to remember pluto having puppies. am i wrong?? and if I am, who did he have puppies with...
    The puppies come from Pluto and Minnie's pet dog Fifi. As most of you know there is also a Pluto Jr.
    "The greatest happiness in life is the conviction that we are loved - loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves." --Victor Hugo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast