Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss how do you prove your child's age? in the Ask The Experts forums; o.k. I know that kids under 3 are free admission, but do i have to prove this at the gate or do they just take your word on it? ...little ...
    vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me

Question how do you prove your child's age?

o.k. I know that kids under 3 are free admission, but do i have to prove this at the gate or do they just take your word on it?

...little side note ---my landlady has timeshares in the area so they go at least twice a year and when i asked her this question she told me a funny story about her now 30 something son...........at one time when she went she wanted to get her then 5 year old son in for the then 4 and under free price--when they asked her how old he was she said 4 and he pipes up.."no i'm not, i'm 5"....LOL she said she has never been so embarrased. they did let him in free tho--CM must have been amused enuf to let her get away with it...lol

They will asked and they probably take your word for it if it's obvious, since they have enough on their hands already!
    Well I'll be hoho, It's the Blue Fairy

"See it in your mind and you can find in your imagination, mysteries and magic, visions fantastic, leading to strange and wondrous dreams, Dreams are make believe, but could they all come true?"

I love Fantasmic!

The ONE and only= Mickeywanna on VMK!!

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Most of the time I think they just take your word for it, but when traveling it is a good idea to take along a photocopy of your child's birth certificate. Some airlines require it if you haven't bought a seat for the child, too.

Just be sure it's a copy and not the original document. Keep that in a safe place!

Your child's birth date may also be on their health insurance card, if you have one.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    cool, thanks y'all , wanted to ask because she will be 2 and 3/4 yrs so she is not obvious under 3...thank goodness she can't tell her age yet...lol

dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    I wish they would go by mental age not physical!! I could be saving so much $$ on my BF since he acts like he is 2 years old.. Too bad his id shows that he is nearing 25!!!

That's funny, no I'm laughing like Uncle Albert!
    Well I'll be hoho, It's the Blue Fairy

"See it in your mind and you can find in your imagination, mysteries and magic, visions fantastic, leading to strange and wondrous dreams, Dreams are make believe, but could they all come true?"

I love Fantasmic!

The ONE and only= Mickeywanna on VMK!!

G00fyDad is offline A-Ticket holder
    We're taking a photocopy of DS (2) birth certificate and DD (10) has her own state issued ID.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Our First WDW trip!! October 15th - 23rd
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

GirlStar613 is offline Queen of Couture
    usually they take your word for it, i think as long as it's semi-obvious...not like you're trying to pass your 17yrs old for a child's pass....gee, my family would never do that my brother and i used to pass as kids for the longest time..one of the few perks to looking much younger then you actually are...and i'm short so that's helped too...not anymore however(still short but can't pass for being too young)
    Erica

"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday. There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, just a dream away!"

When I grow up I wanna be a Disney

JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    They usually take your word for it. Took both my girls in May 04 and the oldest is 10 and we all have season passes and I brought her a child pass. We just said she was nine because the cut off for childern is 9 and at 10 they are to pay adult price.They didn't even ask. I don't know why Disney has the cut off at 9 and not 12 like most places oh well.

YES I"M GOING BACK AGAIN FOR HALLOWEEN

DisneyonaDime is offline Moderator
    From our experiences they take your word for it. My children are very tall for their age. We have to show proof of birth for any sports they play in because they are normally head and shoulders taller than anyone their age, literally. Our two-year old is as tall as some four-year olds. When we go to Disney World we have been questioned several times, but never beyond a simple "How old is he/she?". I don't think it's an issue, but it never hurts to have some documentation if it's handy.
    Chris
    Co-author of "Disney on a Dime"- now for sale !!!! Get our new book, plus some extra free goodies when you buy from our site-
    www.DisneyonaDime.com
    Find daily and weekly tips, updates, and now- our book.
    "You can drop a grand in Disney World like that!"- Frank Costanza

sx2143 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I have a simular strory. My dad tried to lie about my brothers age at another park and say he was 9 to get the reduced price. However, my MOM, not always one to catch on real fast, piped up with "No, Dan, little Danny is 10 now."

GirlStar613 is offline Queen of Couture
    my brother and i were always told to go play in the lobby at the hotel so we wouldn't get charged for having more then 2 adults in the room and to duck down and look young(i.e. i had to go lite on the makeup for a while) so that we wouldn't be questioned.
    Erica

"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday. There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, just a dream away!"

When I grow up I wanna be a Disney

Triviateer is offline B-Ticket Holder
    A mini copy of birth certificate is a good idea, but be sure to have it laminated.
    "The greatest happiness in life is the conviction that we are loved - loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves." --Victor Hugo