Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Best time to go to WDW during the summer? in the Ask The Experts forums; Hello all, Due to my wife being a teacher, we are stuck going to WDW somewhere between June 15 (earliest day we could leave) and Aug 15 (last possible day ...
    wheelerpr is offline A-Ticket holder

Question Best time to go to WDW during the summer?

Hello all,

Due to my wife being a teacher, we are stuck going to WDW somewhere between June 15 (earliest day we could leave) and Aug 15 (last possible day we could come back on).

We are going to do 8 days/7 nights staying at CSR. The last time we went to Disney we went July 22-28. It was pretty busy, but we still had lots of fun. Should we go around then again or would late June or early August be better? I'm not sure which time would be best for weather and crowds. I know for sure to avoid July 4th weekend!

I appreicate any help you can provide!

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Re: Best time to go to WDW during the summer?

Well, it will probably be crowded but not horrid. Just remember to drink a LOT of water. And have a great time.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

ImaMouser is offline D-Ticket Holder

Does your school district have a Fall break? If so, I would wait until then. October is a great time of year to visit. If your school district has a Spring break then I would go then. At least the heat won't be as bad as Summer.
    Walt is the man, Mickey is the mouse but Minnie is THE WOMAN

ginnyfavers is offline B-Ticket Holder

We went this summer and in 2007 the last week of July/first few days of August.

CM's have reported both times that it was really crowded right before we arrived, so I've always assumed we picked the best dates for low crowds.

Using Fastpass and touring plans, we were able to do everything we wanted to do, though we were there for 10 days - no short trips for us. The extended summer hours make it easier to get everything in.

The only terribly crowded parks were the ones that had evening EMH that night. Go to evening EMH if you like, but hop in just for those hours. Don't bother with that park on that day.

It was hot. They've turned the a/c down or off all over the resort, to save money I suppose, and it's really hard to cool off inside attractions, shops and restaurants. Make sure you're in pretty good physical condition and do things to keep your body temp low, stay hydrated.
    Amanda, Joe & Miles
    Planning my next trip way way way too far in advance...

"I met the love of my life on the Seven Seas Lagoon"

MakingScrapbook is offline B-Ticket Holder

It seems to get hotter as the summer progresses. I'd say the earlier you could go, the better chance you might not melt. I believe crowds increase as the summer progresses too.
    Jan

Sep. 2005 - Polynesian
    Sep. 2006 - Contemporary
    Sep. 2007 - Beach Club
    Feb. 2008 - French Quarter
    Jun. 2008 - Off Site, Sea World & Aquatica trip
    Sep. 2008 - Pop Century & Disney "Magic" Cruise
    Mar. 2009 - Pop Century (girls trip w/ daughter)
    Aug. 2009 - POR & Disney "Magic" Cruise & CB
    Nov. 2009 - All Star Movies (girls weekend)
    Dec. 2009 - All Star Music
    Jan. 2010 - Caribbean Beach
    Mar. 2010 - All Star Music (Princess 1/2)

DebšošS is offline There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday!
    1062.3 miles from my "Home Away From Home" resort Boardwalk Villas

We've been a few times in June and in August. I think I like the end of August better. August seems less crowded. Maybe due to kids in the south going back to school earlier. Both can be Africa hot. As the summer progresses it gets hotter but the humidity seems to decrease. Monsoon like rains in June. Rain in August was dramatic but only once a day for a short time.
    Very tough decision.

al3xg is offline A-Ticket holder

This past summer was my first summer having my Florida Resident Annual Pass, and I did go to the parks frequently. What I did notice, was that the parks were much quieter during the week, usually on like a Monday when you could pretty much walk on any rides like Tower of Terror or Rock 'N' Roller Coaster. Just remember to have a poncho or umbrella, lots of drinking water and sunscreen because there were a few days I went that it went from being extremely sunny and hot out, to being really rainy. I do agree with DebºoºS that the end of August is a great time since I do remember being able to do a lot then and not too many waits
    Alex

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible." Walt Disney

My Flickr: Flickr.com/agoldman
    My Twitter: Twitter.com/al3xg
    My Facebook: Facebook.com/al3xg

williams is offline C-Ticket Holder

During the summer they also have a Star hike weekend and they have a star from the movies there generally. Sadly at that time of the year, it’s extremely hot and sticky and I rarely go to the parks, only the water parks.

Best Regards,

gooftroop is offline C-Ticket Holder

We always go the last 2 weeks of August. The crowds are not too bad and when it gets too hot and crowded, that is when we use the hopper passes to go back to the hotel and to another park after we swim and rest up.

Thumper10 is offline Missing Main Street...

I'd recommend later in August as well. Schools are having the kids go back earlier and earlier every year, so it should be less crowded then than in June or July when everyone is out.

You can check out the Disney website for exact dates, but I do know that value season starts in August as well. I don't know how early, so it may not apply to you, but it's worth checking out if you're looking to save some money.

You're sure to have a blast no matter when you go, happy planning!
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney