Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Disney Kennels in the Ask The Experts forums; For our December trip, we're considering possibly taking our dogs with us and putting them in the kennels at Disney instead of leaving them here, so they can be closer ...
    Sorria is offline Fastpass Holder

Disney Kennels

For our December trip, we're considering possibly taking our dogs with us and putting them in the kennels at Disney instead of leaving them here, so they can be closer to us. We're a little picky about where and who we keep our dogs with though as they are "escape artists", and I have a few questions about the kennels.

• How secure would you say the kennels are? Are the cages for all the dogs locked? One of my Siberian Huskies knows how to open unlocked crate doors.

• Do you know if fireworks can be heard from inside the kennels? Our male is afraid of fireworks.

• Are the kennels kept at a cool temperature? Being Huskies they don't take to the Florida heat the best and I don't want them getting heatstroke.

• Both of my Huskies get quite fretful when they are by themselves and have literally worried themselves sick before. I read that Disney got rid of they're multi-dog kennels on Deb's Unofficial Walt Disney World Vacation Information Guide - WDW Planning Guide - Walt Disney World. Does anyone know if you can still put two dogs in the same run together, or is this now against the rules?

• If we wanted to, could we pick the dogs up from the kennel for part of the day and then take them for a walk at someplace like Downtown Disney or the pet-friendly sections of the Ft. Wilderness Campground?
    Last edited by Sorria; 10-10-2009 at 02:09 PM.
    Upcoming Trips to WDW:

Dec 6-10: Disney Wonder
    Dec 10-19: Port Orleans French Quarter

chodnett is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: Disney Kennels

From what I have read and heard from friends, the Disney kennels aren't exactly the best, or at least what one would expect from Disney.

There are certain requirements for coming back daily, or you can purchase "packages" that include outdoor playtime for so much extra money, walking for so much extra money, and so on.

The good news is that the newest Birmbaums says that a much nicer and "Disney-worthy" kennel is opening up...

The bad news is that it's opening in 2010.

I've had the same questions as you and these are the answers I have gotten.