Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Results 1 to 11 of 11
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss D23 Magic and Merriment Event in the Ask The Experts forums; Any idea if Disney will offer perks for D23 members with current annual passes? This event looks awesome, however it would be even better if we got some sort of ...
  1. #1
    dernamekim is offline A-Ticket holder
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    4

    Red face D23 Magic and Merriment Event

    Any idea if Disney will offer perks for D23 members with current annual passes? This event looks awesome, however it would be even better if we got some sort of discount or gift card even in place of the park tickets as obviously I won't use them before January 30, 2010 since I have an annual pass already.

    I'm hopeful they give you the price in a gift card like they did for the annual passholder's Birthday Celebrations.

    Thoughts? Anyone else planning on going? Think this will sell out quick?

  2. #2
    hms1016's Avatar
    hms1016 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    101

    Re: D23 Magic and Merriment Event

    I contacted D23 and there will be nothing done for AP holders. At first he told me that they tickets needed to be used on the event day. I questioned him and said that the website said that the tickets expired sometime in January. He checked and came back and said I could give the park admission to family or friends, bu they were only good into January.
    Walt Disney World
    June 1980 - Off Site
    June 1983 - Off Site
    June 1985 - Off Site
    June 1988 - Off Site
    September 2003 - All Star Music
    September 2005 - Pop Century
    September 2006 - Pop Century
    October 2006 - Pop Century
    May 2007 - Pop Century
    October 2007 - Pop Century
    December 2007 - All Star Music
    May 2008 - Pop Century
    December 2008 - Mousefest - Pop Century
    Disneyland
    May 2005
    June 2007

  3. #3
    dernamekim is offline A-Ticket holder
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    4

    Thumbs down Re: D23 Magic and Merriment Event

    Quote Originally Posted by hms1016 View Post
    I contacted D23 and there will be nothing done for AP holders. At first he told me that they tickets needed to be used on the event day. I questioned him and said that the website said that the tickets expired sometime in January. He checked and came back and said I could give the park admission to family or friends, bu they were only good into January.

    Bummer! Did you try to get tickets today? I was on right at 1PM EST and lo and behold tickets sold out within 2-3 minutes! Luckily I was on right away and was "wait-listed." I don't really know what that means though, as since the event is nonrefundable, how are people going to cancel? Maybe they have a certain number of wait-listed people and will try to accommodate that many. However since it went so quick one wonders how many people are admitted to the event in the first place? I was so bummed it went that quick. At least there are WDWRadio meets and Celebrations Mag meets that weekend. However as of right now I'm supposed to fly back to CT on Saturday the 12th, but was going to change my flight to Monday assuming I got these tickets. Hopefully I know soon enough whether or not I have the tickets or not. But knowing my luck I'll find out 2 days before and the flights will be $500 to change. GRRR!!!!

  4. #4
    hms1016's Avatar
    hms1016 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    101

    Re: D23 Magic and Merriment Event

    I am furious!!!! Even though I have an AP I decided to bite the bullet and pay the money for this event. The park tickets would be garbage, but there were some nice things they were offering. So today at exactly 1:00 EST the button popped up to buy the tickets. I entered my d23 # and last name and it said the number wasn't valid. I did it like 6 times and same thing. The final time i tried it was sold out. This all happened in less than 5 minutes. It just kepy saying invalid number and that if you just purchased the membership than you may have to wait a day or two. I emailed them and said I wanted a call and of course had no response. I called disneyshopping.com. I had called them the other day and said I had sent multiple emails regarding a d23 question (question about this event) and they took my number and someone actually contacted me. So today I called and the girl had no clue. I told her I wanted to talk to a supervisor. I told the girl the situation and she said she had no way of contacting them other than sending an email. I told her they did this for me the other day and whatever it takes was fine. Well, that was hours ago and no phone call or email. I am more than ticked because I am a charter day member. I deserved a fair chance for these tickets like everyone else. The girl from disney shopping admitted that there had been a lot of calls. If disney can't do these things in a fair way than they need to stop. Everyone deserves an equal chance. The same sort of thing happened the one time I was trying to go to an ap event. It acted like i was getting the tickets and I hit submit it paused or something and than said sold out. I am so disappointed and now wonder if the way that many people feel about d23 is right? Unfortuately for me since it didn't recognize my number, it didn't wait list me.
    Walt Disney World
    June 1980 - Off Site
    June 1983 - Off Site
    June 1985 - Off Site
    June 1988 - Off Site
    September 2003 - All Star Music
    September 2005 - Pop Century
    September 2006 - Pop Century
    October 2006 - Pop Century
    May 2007 - Pop Century
    October 2007 - Pop Century
    December 2007 - All Star Music
    May 2008 - Pop Century
    December 2008 - Mousefest - Pop Century
    Disneyland
    May 2005
    June 2007

  5. #5
    dernamekim is offline A-Ticket holder
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    4

    Angry Re: D23 Magic and Merriment Event

    Quote Originally Posted by hms1016 View Post
    I am furious!!!! Even though I have an AP I decided to bite the bullet and pay the money for this event. The park tickets would be garbage, but there were some nice things they were offering. So today at exactly 1:00 EST the button popped up to buy the tickets. I entered my d23 # and last name and it said the number wasn't valid. I did it like 6 times and same thing. The final time i tried it was sold out. This all happened in less than 5 minutes. It just kepy saying invalid number and that if you just purchased the membership than you may have to wait a day or two. I emailed them and said I wanted a call and of course had no response. I called disneyshopping.com. I had called them the other day and said I had sent multiple emails regarding a d23 question (question about this event) and they took my number and someone actually contacted me. So today I called and the girl had no clue. I told her I wanted to talk to a supervisor. I told the girl the situation and she said she had no way of contacting them other than sending an email. I told her they did this for me the other day and whatever it takes was fine. Well, that was hours ago and no phone call or email. I am more than ticked because I am a charter day member. I deserved a fair chance for these tickets like everyone else. The girl from disney shopping admitted that there had been a lot of calls. If disney can't do these things in a fair way than they need to stop. Everyone deserves an equal chance. The same sort of thing happened the one time I was trying to go to an ap event. It acted like i was getting the tickets and I hit submit it paused or something and than said sold out. I am so disappointed and now wonder if the way that many people feel about d23 is right? Unfortuately for me since it didn't recognize my number, it didn't wait list me.

    How bogus is this whole ordeal? In one of the "other" forums, people are saying they only had 50 slots available? If that's the case they should have done it in a lottery system. Everyone who wants tickets puts their name in and they choose at random. Because that would be ABSURD to only allow 50 people. They are saying it has something to do wtih the castle tours. I have a feeling Disney is going to hear from A LOT of angry people. Yes, I like the magazine and all, but I'm not seeing any perks from this club. Plus Celebrations magazine (in my opinion) is 10 times better than D23s. It certainly doesn't feel like thjs club is made for you and me. I never felt angry about the club before, but for this to happen to so many of us, is absurd. The whole thing does not make any sense. I sent an email asking about it and they threw me to some other company- the one who handles their tickets. D23 is probably sick of hearing all of our complaints. But they need to hear them, because it sure seems like the only reason to be in this club is if you can attend the D23 Expo in Anaheim, which I was unable to do this year.

    I hope something gets cleared up. So frustrating!!

  6. #6
    hms1016's Avatar
    hms1016 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    101

    Re: D23 Magic and Merriment Event

    Well, I thought I would give everyone an update. So after two weeks and no response to any of my emails I began pursuing this again. I called disneyshopping and insisted that they email D23 on my behalf since I wasn't having any luck. I finally got a call from someone on Wednesday, but still from Dinseyshopping. I told her the whole situation. She called me back yesterday and said she found the problem. If you remember it kept telling me that the info wasn't correct. Guess what, they had entered my first name as my last name. So I could have entered my info forever and it never would have worked. I said well that's great, but that doesn't help me attend the sold out event. I insisted that she ask someone from D23 to call me. I felt if nothing else I wanted to be heard. Well, I just got off the phone and she got an earful. I told her I am an AP holder, visit WDW several times a year, and am going on my first Disney cruise. I spend a ton of money with this company. I also told her that I am active in the Disney online community and the disappointment that disney fans are feeling with D23. I said that it is not Disney customer service to never respond to emails and that if I wouldn't continue to push this that the error would never have been found. I also expressed that they need to find a way to make it fair to AP holders for events like Magic and Merrriment when tickets are included. I said I was willing to even add a non-expiting option to the tickets. She basically said the event is sold out and that they are learning as they go. She would make note of my comments. I guess I feel a little better now that I have been heard, but that doesn't make me feel any better that I missed out on an awesome opportunity due to no fault of my own.
    Walt Disney World
    June 1980 - Off Site
    June 1983 - Off Site
    June 1985 - Off Site
    June 1988 - Off Site
    September 2003 - All Star Music
    September 2005 - Pop Century
    September 2006 - Pop Century
    October 2006 - Pop Century
    May 2007 - Pop Century
    October 2007 - Pop Century
    December 2007 - All Star Music
    May 2008 - Pop Century
    December 2008 - Mousefest - Pop Century
    Disneyland
    May 2005
    June 2007

  7. #7
    ginnyfavers's Avatar
    ginnyfavers is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Orlando or Bust!
    Posts
    89

    Re: D23 Magic and Merriment Event

    Even if you had gotten through right away, your chances of being able to buy a ticket were almost nil.

    It feels like whoever is running the show over at D23 has no experience with large events, at all. Scary.

    They're probably overwhelmed with angry emails, and I know they've refunded at least one woman's D23 membership. People were actually purchasing memberships, airline tickets, and park passes, just to attend Magic & Merriment -- before they had M&M tickets!
    Amanda, Joe & Miles
    Planning my next trip way way way too far in advance...

    "I met the love of my life on the Seven Seas Lagoon"

  8. #8
    cindymouse6's Avatar
    cindymouse6 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Chattanooga, TN
    Posts
    148

    Re: D23 Magic and Merriment Event

    Yep, I was one of those folks that bought my membership for D23 just to get these tix... didn't read the Events page listing it was sold out... but after reading how it sold out in 3 minutes, now I don't feel so bad... I didn't have a chance anyway! I wanted to see the Castle suite!! Maybe they should charge money just for that feature! many of us would jump on that... but I loved the whole pkg of the weekend features...

    but the D23 expo appears to be so successful that I myself am planning to go next year, so it will be worth it for admittance to that.... hey, I've wasted lots of $$$ over the years for dumb clubs with Disney... this may pay off or not, but hope events like this will have more tix available in the future!
    cindymouse6
    DVC members Old Key West, Beach Club, Bay Lake Towers
    30+ visits and still adding them on!
    New Years 2014, WDW marathon weekend 2014, Bay lake MK view 2014, Food and wine Festival 2014 Premium annual passholder!!!!

  9. #9
    ginnyfavers's Avatar
    ginnyfavers is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Orlando or Bust!
    Posts
    89

    Re: D23 Magic and Merriment Event

    A recent "FAQ on Special Events" posted on D23's Facebook account stated there were 200 tickets available, and they insist that nobody got to buy any tickets before they went on sale to the general public. And then someone posted that they know somebody with press credentials who was offered a chance to purchase tickets before they went on sale.
    Amanda, Joe & Miles
    Planning my next trip way way way too far in advance...

    "I met the love of my life on the Seven Seas Lagoon"

  10. #10
    Carolla is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    155

    Re: D23 Magic and Merriment Event

    Quote Originally Posted by cindymouse6 View Post
    Yep, I was one of those folks that bought my membership for D23 just to get these tix... didn't read the Events page listing it was sold out... but after reading how it sold out in 3 minutes, now I don't feel so bad... I didn't have a chance anyway! I wanted to see the Castle suite!! Maybe they should charge money just for that feature! many of us would jump on that... but I loved the whole pkg of the weekend features...

    but the D23 expo appears to be so successful that I myself am planning to go next year, so it will be worth it for admittance to that.... hey, I've wasted lots of $$$ over the years for dumb clubs with Disney... this may pay off or not, but hope events like this will have more tix available in the future!

    You do realize that the D23 Expo is open to the public. You get a small discount on the tickets with a membership, but I know several Southern Cal locals who went this year... and none of them are D23 members.

    I know Lou thinks it's worth it, but I have yet to see any benefit and this thread reminds me of why!

  11. #11
    disneymystic's Avatar
    disneymystic is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Lancaster, SC
    Posts
    128

    Re: D23 Magic and Merriment Event

    If you like the magazine and wanted all the issues each month, then you are almost paying for it right there. It's not a bad club, you just have to be a little realistic. It's new. It has been adding more and more events, more than I expected to see so soon. Give it a little time. At the very least, enjoy the magazine. If you don't like the magazine, I'd suggest just not getting the membership cause then you really are 'wasting' your money.

    WISH LIST
    Stayed in Bay Lake Tower: Check
    Seen the Cinderella Suite: Check
    Propose at Disney World: Check
    Married At Disney World: Pending (eventually)
    Worked at Disney World: Double Check
    Travel to Other Disney Parks: Tokyo Check
    Victoria And Albert's Chef Table: Waiting
    Become A Part of WDW Radio Forums: DONE

Similar Threads

  1. MagicMeets Pre-registration is open!!!
    By tacey in forum Disney Meets
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-17-2009, 11:49 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •