Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Restaurant hours in parks in the Ask The Experts forums; Hello, I have a question about the hours the restaurants are open in the parks. For example, if MK is open to midnight and Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe is open ...
    tuneboy is offline A-Ticket holder

Restaurant hours in parks

Hello, I have a question about the hours the restaurants are open in the parks. For example, if MK is open to midnight and Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe is open that night when do they close up in relation to the park closing time - 11:30, 12:00, 12:30? We tend to eat very late and know that we won’t get back in time to eat at the resort food court in time so we want to know how late we dare try to eat at MK (or any park) without pushing our luck and having them close up before we can eat. I realize it may not be a set thing and they may base it on crowd level or whatever but any experience you may have had with this would be appreciated. Thanks!

tuneboy is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: Restaurant hours in parks

Hmmm... How about any info pertaining to restaurant hours in the parks?

ginnyfavers is offline B-Ticket Holder

Re: Restaurant hours in parks

Hours for park counter service restaurants are notoriously changeable. Sometimes the people working in a restaurant won't know what time it closes - seriously!

Casey's Corner and the Ice Cream Shop on Main St. (if you consider those places to get a meal) are generally open until the stroke of park closing, and sometimes for a bit afterwards.

Cosmic Ray's tends to be open the latest of any other MK eatery, usually up until an hour before park closing at the latest, BUT they will close down two of the three sides long before that, so there is a limited menu available.

All EPCOT World Showcase counters will be open until the first shot of Illuminations. Studios, everything closes super early and I long ago gave up on trying to eat there, for that reason and many others. AK, you can always get a meal right at park closing at the Rainforest Cafe. Flame Tree and Pizzafari are consistantly closed an hour before the park closes, not sure about Restaurantasaurus.

You've hit on why we rent a car and eat a lot of meals off property. Pizza Hut, IHOP, and Steak 'n Shake are all open late or 24 hours, at the intersection of 535 and 435, only a ten minute drive from the Magic Kingdom.

If you have to know, stop at Guest Services upon entering whatever park you're visiting, and ask. They'll be able to tell you that evening's information.
    Amanda, Joe & Miles
    Planning my next trip way way way too far in advance...

"I met the love of my life on the Seven Seas Lagoon"