Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss How hard is it to get a job at Disney and what should I do to get in? in the Ask The Experts forums; Hii I really have a big dream ever since i was a little girl to work at disney as an artist but I heard it's really hard to get in, ...
    DisneyACE5628 is offline A-Ticket holder

Smile How hard is it to get a job at Disney and what should I do to get in?

Hii I really have a big dream ever since i was a little girl to work at disney as an artist but I heard it's really hard to get in, so I want to know what can I make sure I do to make sure I get in? How hard is it to get in with all the competition? I <3 Disney so I really want to start preparing now before I go to college

disney_barbie is offline B-Ticket Holder

Re: How hard is it to get a job at Disney and what should I do to get in?

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyACE5628 View Post
    Hii I really have a big dream ever since i was a little girl to work at disney as an artist but I heard it's really hard to get in, so I want to know what can I make sure I do to make sure I get in? How hard is it to get in with all the competition? I <3 Disney so I really want to start preparing now before I go to college
    Hi!

Lou did an interview with a Disney character artist, Brian Blackmore, on show #115 - it was really interesting and gives some ideas on how to work for Disney
    I'd keep checking the jobs section on the Disney company website too - see what kind of experience and qualifications they require for artists?

http://corporate.disney.go.com/careers/index.html

Good luck - "if you can dream it, you can do it!"

Emma

babyladykatie is offline C-Ticket Holder

You DEFINITELY need to check out the College Program. I did the program my freshman year of college (2003) and it was the BEST experience of my life. You live in an apartment (that they provide, the weekly rent comes out of your check but it's not terribly expensive and its all bills paid) and work at either the parks, the resorts, the water parks, or downtown disney. Theres a variety of jobs they offer, they are all entry level but its a GREAT step if youre wanting to move up within the company. Visit Disney College Program |Disney Careers | Disney.com for all the info. Once you get to college look for an information presentation to be held at your campus. If there isn't one, you can do a presentation online and apply online that way.

I was a merchandise hostess (basically retail) at Hollywood Studios over in the Animation Courtyard which is near Voyage of the Little Mermaid and Playhouse Disney. It truly will change your life. I did the program in 2003, I came back for a summer program in 2004, and I was a campus representative for my school until I graduated in 2007....so if you have ANY questions about the program just let me know.

Good luck!!
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Walt Disney World College Program Alumni - 2003
    *Currently doing everything I possibly can to go back
    to work at WDW.

1989 - Off Property, First Trip to WDW
    1994 - Polynesian Resort
    2000 - Off Property
    2003 - Walt Disney World College Program, Merchandise Hostess, Disney-MGM Studios
    2004 - Off Property
    2006 - Boardwalk
    2007 - Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa
    2009 - Coronado Springs, Got engaged at WDW!!!
    February 2010 - Wilderness Lodge
    December 2010 - Caribbean Beach
    February 2011 - 4-night Disney Cruise on the Disney Dream
    2012 - Disney Wedding!!!

babyladykatie is offline C-Ticket Holder

I just typed this long explanation and lost it.....thank you very much internet. You need to look into the Disney College Program, Disney College Program |Disney Careers | Disney.com Its a WONDERFUL opportunity, you will love it. I did it my freshman year (2003) and again in 2004 and then I was a campus representative of the program at my school until I graduated in 2007. If you have any questions about it just let me know but the website will give you a lot of the information you'll need.

Good luck!
    Walt Disney World College Program Alumni - 2003
    *Currently doing everything I possibly can to go back
    to work at WDW.

1989 - Off Property, First Trip to WDW
    1994 - Polynesian Resort
    2000 - Off Property
    2003 - Walt Disney World College Program, Merchandise Hostess, Disney-MGM Studios
    2004 - Off Property
    2006 - Boardwalk
    2007 - Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa
    2009 - Coronado Springs, Got engaged at WDW!!!
    February 2010 - Wilderness Lodge
    December 2010 - Caribbean Beach
    February 2011 - 4-night Disney Cruise on the Disney Dream
    2012 - Disney Wedding!!!