Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Soarin Ride in the Ask The Experts forums; My sister has more motion sickness than a fear of heights but this ride bothered her enough that she didn't want to go on it again. I feel like it ...
    Winnie is offline Fastpass Holder
    My sister has more motion sickness than a fear of heights but this ride bothered her enough that she didn't want to go on it again. I feel like it is pretty smooth and I LOVE IT, she wasn't so thrilled!

You get on it by sitting down and buckling in. You can lean back into the back of the seat/covered padded bench. There are also handles on the sides of the seat/bench to grab onto.

It was safe enough for my 4 year old niece who LOVED it!
    BETH ~ I BELIEVE in Make Believe,Dreams & Wishes
    Is It time To Go Back Yet??
    Happy DVC Member - Beach Club Villas
    BCV - October 2011 - Family Trip & Food & Wine Festival (Met up with Lou and the Walk-about Crew! Met Deanna!
    Met the Petermans!)
    BCV - October 2010 - Family Trip & Food & Wine Festival and MNNSHP!!!
    BCV - June 2009 - Family Trip
    BCV - October 2008 - MNNSHP-Just the two of us!
    BCV - May 2008 - Flower & Garden/Epcot - Just the two of us!
    BCV - January 2008 - Marathon Weekend - Just the two of us! (We finally got to meet Lou & his wonderful family)
    BCV - May 2007 Family Trip, Flower & Garden/Epcot and Star Wars!!!
    BCV - October 2006 Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    ASM & BCV - June 2006 Family Trip, Flower & Garden/Epcot and Star Wars!!!
    BCV - October 2005 - Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    OKW & BWV - March 2005 - Quick and needed fun trip! Just the two of us!
    BCV - June 2004 - Family Trip
    BCV - October 2003 - Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    BC - Honeymoon- April 2002
    Off Site - 1997 - I was a poor college student staying with my favorite aunt!

mechurchlady is offline My hero is Gurgi who wanted only friends and an apple.
    In the back seat of life or in front of a computer in California.
    Sit in the middle of the row. The edges allow you to look down and scare yourself. The ride in Disneyland is so engrossing that you forget to look down usually. I took my mother who was in her 70's on it. She freaked out at the wild animal park while on solid ground because of steep drop. She had no problem with the ride at all.

Middle of the row and take people with you who will not tease you with "ew look way down there" Mom did that to me on a bridge once. It is a gentle fun ride and only scary if you make it scary.
    Figment and Gurgi; chocolate and coffee; and my family. I like to cook, shop, VMK, ToonTown and sweepstaking. Trivia lover but memory not good enough.

SoarinOverEpcot is offline A-Ticket holder
    Hi, do not worry. Soarin' is a great ride. When you are lifted into the air you can feel you are in the air for about 5 seconds. Then you are caught in the ride. If you do not go on this ride you will be missing a great experience. The thing you are sitting in is very comfortable. It is kind of like a glider but not really. Plus when you are on the ride I recommend you take of your shoes and socks. Air blows in your face and feat so it feels so much more real if you do that. Good Luck!
    Last edited by SoarinOverEpcot; 03-14-2007 at 02:26 PM.

FutureImagineer is offline Fastpass Holder
    My mother hates heights but she is love with the sights, sounds, and smells of Soarin'...she forgets that she is off the ground.
    The Goofy Princess

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!
    I agree- this ride is so fabulous, not like a traditional "ride", really but a cool experience! It is like a safe way to experience flying. Sit in the middle of the bench for sure and sit all the way back in the seat. Take deep breaths and enjoy it! It really is worth the hour wait if the fastpasses are all gone.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12