Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss just got back from Disney!!! in the Ask The Experts forums; and i have two questions....i noticed they were building what looked like a new resort near port orleans. it was at a t section cant remember the roads but we ...
    dcbush12 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I am from Ohio....far far from Disney World

just got back from Disney!!!

and i have two questions....i noticed they were building what looked like a new resort near port orleans. it was at a t section cant remember the roads but we passed it everytime we went from port orleans to magic kingdom i believe. Anyone know what is being built there? Second Question....sometimes i see the disney bus that says VIP Castmember, what does that mean? whos on there????? haha thanks
    I'm the only one!!!!

Summer 1989---Offsite
    May 2005----Boardwalk
    July 2006----PORS
    Aug. 2008----Coronado Springs (Engaged!)
    Dec. 2009----POFC (Honeymoon!!)
    June 2010----PORS

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Re: just got back from Disney!!!

Welcome back! I'm not sure if it's the same construction you're talking about, but as we were driving trying to find our hotel (thanks to the construction in the back areas, some signs were removed) but there as a new hotel (or so it seems) going up to the left as you drive out the back entrance of Port Orleans. I couldn't tell if it was a Disney hotel or another of those 'we're on Disney property' type resorts. But something's going up there for certain.

As for the VIP castmember, that's just their way of saying 'out of service' or designating the bus as being on a special run. I've been on a VIP bus twice, once from my resort to the park so I could make my early character breakfast at MK, and once from Epcot back to my resort because we forgot our park tickets. It was too early for the busses to start making their regular returns to the resorts (Epcot had just opened), so one bus driver called into dispatch, and they told him to take us right back, with VIP on the front.
    Last edited by supernova; 12-14-2009 at 07:23 PM.

tiggerguy is offline WDWRadio.com Moderator

it could be the non Disney owned "Four Seasons" resort.
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

dcbush12 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I am from Ohio....far far from Disney World

hmm, so it could be like bonnet creek...i always drive past that and wonder what is bonnet creek i dont remember it as an option on disney.com haha. maybe im just wierd but i dont want a non disney resort right next to port orleans....but im sure disney gets a pretty penney to let them in
    I'm the only one!!!!

Summer 1989---Offsite
    May 2005----Boardwalk
    July 2006----PORS
    Aug. 2008----Coronado Springs (Engaged!)
    Dec. 2009----POFC (Honeymoon!!)
    June 2010----PORS

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Any one any good at Google Earth, I'd love to see it, but my Earth skills are lacking.

lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

I'm good at google earth but I'm not sure if the satalite image is up to date or not, I'll check
    Last edited by lilo88; 12-15-2009 at 01:23 PM.
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

I didn't see anything. so the image isn't updated.
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

langway4 is offline A-Ticket holder

That is the new Four Seasons resort at Disney World you are talking about. There are going to be three sections in there once completed. A Four Seasons hotel, A section of villas, and a section of estate size homes for purchase, so you can live at DisneyWorld!! The project has been slowed down with the current economy but Disney heard that many "wealthier" people wanted a very high-end place to stay while vacationing at Disney, without all the Disney stuff that's in their current hotels. It used to be the Eagle Pines golf course but Disney sold Four Seasons the property to build on. Hope this helps!!!

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

The use of "Bonnet Creek" is confusing, because there are two things named that in the area.

At the northern end of Bonnet Creek Parkway (which is the road where the entrance to Port Orleans resorts is), across Vista Blvd, is the new Four Seasons resort construction, which according to a recent spy consists of a gateway entrance and a lot of sand-pushing so far. It is located on land that used to be the Eagle Pines golf course. This is probably what the OP is talking about. Current Google Maps/Earth satellite images do not show any construction, but they date back to 2006.

There is also the Bonnet Creek resort development area, which is off Buena Vista Drive near the Carribbean Beach Resort, and is down Chelonia Parkway. It is a strange parcel of land, basically landlocked between WDW/RCID and I4, apparently a parcel that the owner didn't sell to Walt. Eventually an easement was granted for a road into the property from within WDW/RCID, so the only way to access this non-Disney property is via WDW. There are several resorts down there now, and apparently more on the way - but you really wouldn't see anything there just driving by because you don't pass it on the way to anywhere else - it is well hidden and a dead end.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator and more
    New: Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news