Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Fantasyland - Magic Kingdom in the Ask The Experts forums; Hey I'm all booked up for Disneyworld 2010 and very excited! We where set to go in October but we've changed it to September so now it's even closer haha ...
    Donald_Goofy is offline A-Ticket holder

Fantasyland - Magic Kingdom

Hey

I'm all booked up for Disneyworld 2010 and very excited! We where set to go in October but we've changed it to September so now it's even closer haha

Anyway I've heard that Fantasyland in the Magic Kingdom will be getting a big makeover and I was wondering if this part of the Magic Kingdom plus Toontown will be closed down as I'm there. My favourite thing in the Magic Kingdom is Mickey's Phillarmagic and I wouldn't really want to miss it.

If anyone knows if this will be closed in sept 2010 can you please let me know? Thanks xx

LivLuvsTink is offline C-Ticket Holder

Re: Fantasyland - Magic Kingdom

Hey there! I just chacked All Ears for the rehab schedule and it just says that sometime in 2010, Toontown will close for the expansion. It doesn't really give a specific date or anything but it also never said anything about closing parts of Fantasyland. When you get closer to your trip, you should definitely check out [url=http://www.allears.net] They have the rehab schedule there!
    I hope we never lose sight of one thing,
    that it was all started by a mouse.

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

No definitive timetable is known to the public right now.

Fantasyland itself is not expected to close. A lot of the existing Fantasyland is not changing at all.

A lot of work will be done in areas now "backstage" for a while, so there will not be a noticeable impact at first.

Toontown will eventually close, since it is going away. Barnstormer will remain, but rethemed and likely inaccessible until the are reopens.

At some point, the rear section of Fantasyland will be closed off as the work is brought forward - from Ariel's Grotto (which is going away in favor of the all new attraction for Ariel) all the way over to Toontown.

Dumbo will also close as it will be moved to its new location in what is now Toontown.

There is a new "castle wall" that will go in roughly in the area between the "western" Fantasyland attractions (IASW, Peter Pan, etc.) and the existing castle - that might mean that passage through there may be interrupted for a time.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator and more
    New: Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

Donald_Goofy is offline A-Ticket holder

Thanks for all your help guys, I'll definately check out allears.

It's a relief to know that fantasyland will be ok.

The only thing about Toontown being possibly closed is that it will prob ruin the chances of meeting tinkerbell/princesses and also at the halloween party before, that's where I met most of the Alice In Wonderland characters!

But I guess if I look hard enough in other parks I may find some of them!

Thanks again!

LivLuvsTink is offline C-Ticket Holder

I'm sure that they'll probably move the fairies and the princess while Toontown is closed...
    I hope we never lose sight of one thing,
    that it was all started by a mouse.