Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Plussing a Birthday in WDW in the Ask The Experts forums; Hello folks On our last trip in 2008 it was our anniversary and my wife booked a meal at Coral Sea for us all, we have 9 year boy and ...
    Finkelstein is offline A-Ticket holder

Plussing a Birthday in WDW

Hello folks

On our last trip in 2008 it was our anniversary and my wife booked a meal at Coral Sea for us all, we have 9 year boy and girl twins. This was not the only treat though. She had arranged for personal menus with images from previous trips and then to really plus it she had arranged for the divers to hold up an anniversary banner at the window. It was so incredible and made a great night just the best…….so, on our next trip in 2010 we are staying at Port Orleans Riverside it will be my wife’s birthday and my chance to surprise her.

She wants to be in Magic Kingdom on the day of her birthday and hopes to book an ADR for Whispering Canyon that night…..so far so good. My first thought is to book us in to Wilderness Lodge on the night before her birthday and for the remainder of our holiday as a surprise treat for her, she loves this resort and dreams of holidaying there. To really make her day a special event and give her a surprise is there anything I can do at Wilderness Lodge or the Magic Kingdom on the actual day of her birthday to really plus her special day?

If you know of anything special elsewhere on property then I would also be delighted to hear it so I can stretch te celebration out over a few days. Through careful questioning I have figured out she does not want to do anything that breaks us up as a family so beauty treatments are off the menu.

cheers

Gordon
    99 - Offsite, 2004 - Offsite, 2006 - Pop Century,
    2008 - POFQ, 2010 - OKW

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

Re: Plussing a Birthday in WDW

Most all table locations I believe you can arrange for special desserts, etc. Personalized menus may also be possible.

Coral Reef has offered its unique service of the divers - I'm not sure any other location really has anything comparable to that.

WCC is unique in its own right...and once your server knows about the birthday, I'm sure the "uniqueness" will come through
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator and more
    New: Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

if you do book at the wildreness lodge ask them if there is anything specail they could do for her. I know when i went in 08 for my bday i had a baloon and card with a picture from minnie mouse in front of the castle and autographed. maybe ask if they could have roses and ballons placed in the room. disney loves to help people celebrate! have fun!!
    Tiffany~ºoº ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

zima-cheryl is offline C-Ticket Holder

Be sure they know when you book any reservation or ADR that it is her birthday.

Disney Florist can do different things for you: Disney Floral & Gifts - Lake Buena Vista, FL, 32830 - Delivering Fresh Flowers and Gifts

Gifts of a Lifetime is a non-WDW company that does special events too:
    Gifts of a Lifetime Questionnaire Page

Mine wasn't a surprise but DH booked us a segway tour @ Epcot on my birthday that was fantastic (although your kids would be too young I think for that).
    Zima-Cheryl

Finkelstein is offline A-Ticket holder

Thanks folks, I just priced up a stay at the Wilderness Lodge....hope I got my sums wrong but even if I cannot work a way to do it this time a dinner at WCC is still on so that will be special, I may look at the other things that can be done and have lots of wee treats that unfold over a few days. At least I have a few months to work stuff out in advance.

The segway tour is something we would both love to do but sadly the ages of our kids would indeed be an issue.

Gordon
    99 - Offsite, 2004 - Offsite, 2006 - Pop Century,
    2008 - POFQ, 2010 - OKW

1 small world is offline C-Ticket Holder

Don't forget the basics!

Stop in Guest Relations and get her a birthday badge!

Disney Restaurants can deliver a Mickey Birthday cake to your table if you order in advance - I believe any restauraunt on property.

Depending on your budget - schedule a photo session at Grand Floridian one of your final days. They do a nice job and will take pictures anywhere on Grand Floridian property. Then, they'll load all of your PhotoPass pictures with the photo session onto a photo cd and YOU OWN THE PHOTOS - no paying for each picture. You take the cd home, print what you want, share with family and friends whatever you want because you own the rights to the photos. We did it twice and it was very cost effective if you like to PhotoPass.