Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Anybody have any idea what the story is with the donkey at the Italy pavilion? in the Ask The Experts forums; The first year we went to Epcot as a family my son (5 at the time) stood next to the donkey and put his arm around it. We've since had ...
    TheH2s is offline B-Ticket Holder

Anybody have any idea what the story is with the donkey at the Italy pavilion?

The first year we went to Epcot as a family my son (5 at the time) stood next to the donkey and put his arm around it. We've since had his picture taken with the donkey every other time we've visited.

Every year we go we hope the donkey is still there and so far every year he/she has been. Anybody know the story behind the donkey? Just a prop of some sort?

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Re: Anybody have any idea what the story is with the donkey at the Italy pavilion?

Not sure if it's the same cart I'm thinking of, because I remember the cart but I don't remember a donkey being there, but traditionally in Italy there would be a donkey, it's called a Sicilian Cart. Growing up we had several miniature ones around the house (I still have at least one of them). They were used for parades and such, here is a link from Wikipedia that has some info on them..... Sicilian cart - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

bowlingman7 is offline B-Ticket Holder

Re: Anybody have any idea what the story is with the donkey at the Italy pavilion?

I know when I was in high school, our band went to epcot. The donkey cart was near an entrance to backstage/world showcase. They called it the donkey door. Backstage was a huge room for us to store our stuff & get ready. Maybe its used so people like us were able to find the door easier. Or it could just be a prop. Who knows.
    If we can dream it, we can do it!

bolter is offline A-Ticket holder

Domenic the Donkey?? from the Christmas song?

supermariodrums is offline D-Ticket Holder

Hey! Chingedy ching,
    (hee-haw, hee-haw)
    It's Dominick the donkey.
    Disney World is not just a place, but an experience.

Back in the world for the 2013 Marathon Weekend!

WDW

Are there other Bob and Sheri fans in this thread? LOL...

DebšošS is offline There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday!
    1062.3 miles from my "Home Away From Home" resort Boardwalk Villas

Is this the donkey? He was pulling the Italian desserts during the Food & Wine Festival. I do remember seeing him during Christmas as well.

Yup that's the one. Everytime we go the cart is just sitting there with the pots of flowers in front of it. It never seems to be open when we go.