Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Disneyworld Resorts on Expedia, Hotwire ect.??? in the Ask The Experts forums; I was just wondering if booking your Disneyworld resort accomodations at a Disney owned resort through sites like Expedia, Priceline ect. is a good way to go if you can ...
    Giosmommy is offline A-Ticket holder

Question Disneyworld Resorts on Expedia, Hotwire ect.???

I was just wondering if booking your Disneyworld resort accomodations at a Disney owned resort through sites like Expedia, Priceline ect. is a good way to go if you can get a reservation at a considerably lower price than booking through WDW.com? Any input would be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Re: Disneyworld Resorts on Expedia, Hotwire ect.???

I have been told that Disney does not typically make their resorts available through these discount sites and when they do, it is at the dicounted price they are already listing. Has anyone else found this to be true as well?

BarnicleBaron is offline A-Ticket holder

I just recently did some research on a package for Disneyland. We got a free no-obligation quote from Mouse Fan Travel and I also found a package on Expedia. When all was said and done, Mouse Fan Travel still offered the better package. I would hands down go through Mouse Fan Travel, you don't pay extra for their service. We also booked with them for our Disney World trip last year and it was an amazing service. They continue to look for discounts after you book with them. Just thought I would add my 2 cents.
    Jen

"Can you stand on your head?"

D23 Charter Member

Thanks for your reply! I have found many of the Disney owned properties on Orbitz as well as Priceline. Im sure it all has to do with availability at the times of travel and what not. For example when I went to Expedia and searched for my days of travel, which happen to be in the "Regular Season", I found a 2 bedroom villa at the Beach Club Villas for about $465 a night. On WDW.com they are $845 a night during regular season. Even with Expedia's booking fees and charges the total price for 7 nights was $3692.34 as opposed to WDW.com for 7 nights $6654.00. Now I'm sure you have to book that rate as soon as possible but thats a considerable savings. I just want to make sure I still get the "Disney experience" even though I booked nothing thru Disney itself.

zippitydoodah is offline Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by Giosmommy View Post
    Thanks for your reply! I have found many of the Disney owned properties on Orbitz as well as Priceline. Im sure it all has to do with availability at the times of travel and what not. For example when I went to Expedia and searched for my days of travel, which happen to be in the "Regular Season", I found a 2 bedroom villa at the Beach Club Villas for about $465 a night. On WDW.com they are $845 a night during regular season. Even with Expedia's booking fees and charges the total price for 7 nights was $3692.34 as opposed to WDW.com for 7 nights $6654.00. Now I'm sure you have to book that rate as soon as possible but thats a considerable savings. I just want to make sure I still get the "Disney experience" even though I booked nothing thru Disney itself.
    One thing you need to watch out for with those sites is the fine print. I found a REALLY good deal on some of the deluxe resorts once that was being offered on a few of those sites... they were offering nights for almost as cheap as the value resorts. Well, luckily I was REALLY skeptical and read everything over and over and finally found in really small print when you went to "checkout" that you needed to be a government employee and have government ID to show when you check in. There was nowhere else stating this and when you selected the option it did not mention any limits to the offer. I was really close to booking it and then showing up with no government ID (not to mention I'm not even an American haha).

I would go with mouse fan travel as well, because they will be able to find you the best/cheapest deal. Sometimes there are multiple "deals" that Disney offered and its hard to sort out which one is the best for you, and they can help with that

Quote Originally Posted by zippitydoodah View Post
    One thing you need to watch out for with those sites is the fine print. I found a REALLY good deal on some of the deluxe resorts once that was being offered on a few of those sites... they were offering nights for almost as cheap as the value resorts. Well, luckily I was REALLY skeptical and read everything over and over and finally found in really small print when you went to "checkout" that you needed to be a government employee and have government ID to show when you check in. There was nowhere else stating this and when you selected the option it did not mention any limits to the offer. I was really close to booking it and then showing up with no government ID (not to mention I'm not even an American haha).

I would go with mouse fan travel as well, because they will be able to find you the best/cheapest deal. Sometimes there are multiple "deals" that Disney offered and its hard to sort out which one is the best for you, and they can help with that

Hmmm that sounds like it could've been a really bad situation! Thanks for the input! If I decide to go with that option I will be sure to keep my eyes open for that one thank you!

zippitydoodah is offline Annual Passholder

Also, I'm staying for 2 nights at Pop Century in March, and since it's just two nights we chose to just do it through the Disney website. Two weeks ago I got a thing in the mail offering 30% of value resorts for certain times that included the days in March. I called Disney and they ended up giving us the rooms for $86 a night rather than $125 a night. I had already paid so they put the money right back on my credit card. I know that mouse fan travel (and probably other travel agents) will do the same thing, and also search for deals and apply them as they come. So, that's a big benefit to either a travel agent or going straight through Disney.

04CP_ Nolan is offline Dole Float + POTC= Good Day

Stephanie over at MFT was able to change our tickets for the parks recently. By adding another day on our tickets it allowed us to take advantage of the $300 gift card offer that is out now. The extra day to the ticket only costed like $6 each, so pay $12 and get $300 to use in the parks... oh yeah. I recommend going with MFT due solely on the fact that they keep an eye out for better deals, unlike Expedia and other sites. My 2 cents.

dsnyqwn1 is offline Fastpass Holder

I have found that going through my AAA travel agent that I get better deals also. Going through Disney direct or even a regular travel agency that they tend to be higher.