Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Mickey's Back Yard BBQ in the Ask The Experts forums; Need some advise on this. We are planning our WDW trip for April 2010. We always go to the Hoop Dee Doo musical review and we really enjoy it. It ...
    Casey Junior is offline A-Ticket holder

Mickey's Back Yard BBQ

Need some advise on this. We are planning our WDW trip for April 2010. We always go to the Hoop Dee Doo musical review and we really enjoy it. It has been a tradition for us since 1977. We read about Mickey's Back Yard BBQ and though about a change.

My question is this: Is the Back Yard BBQ worth not doing Hoop Dee Doo? How would you compare the two expriences?

Thanks for the help!

elric is offline B-Ticket Holder

Re: Mickey's Back Yard BBQ

Have never done hoop dee but the BBQ was so much fun. It was some of the best character interaction we have ever had my DS slow danced with Mini DD with Mickey and DW danced with goofy. It seemed like the characters stayed out with us for a long time maybe more then hour. I think itís the same food from hoop dee doo. For us hoop dee doo isnít Disneyish enough to spend what little time we get at WDW but we would do BBQ again in a heart beat. The biggest difference between BBQ and other character meals is the BBQ is a party the characters are out dancing and playing around your not sitting at your table waiting for your quick turn to see them. If you have kids well even if you donít you should really make time to do this one.

I'm always planing that next trip 2002 - 1st family trip WDW off sight, 2005- Kids B-days WDW FTW cabins, 2006- My B-day MVMCP FTW cabins,2007- MNSSHP POR, 2008- MNSSHP CBR (free dinning), 2011- CBR (free dinning)