Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss "Give a day, Get a Disney Day" ticket upgrade? in the Ask The Experts forums; My family and I are participating in the "Give a Day, Get a Disney Day" program and figured we'd use the free passes we receive to drive down for the ...
    hgraber is offline E-Ticket Holder

"Give a day, Get a Disney Day" ticket upgrade?

My family and I are participating in the "Give a Day, Get a Disney Day" program and figured we'd use the free passes we receive to drive down for the day. Since picking one park is like picking your favorite child for me, I was wondering if Disney was allowing you to upgrade the one park/day vouchers to a Park-Hopper? I've searched the FAQ (and the forum, so sorry if this has been asked before) with nothing. If so, how much per ticket would that be? Anyone know?
    Last edited by hgraber; 01-28-2010 at 11:31 AM.
    I believe in Happily Ever Afters.

shelbell77 is offline Deck 7 Cool Kid!

Re: "Give a day, Get a Disney Day" ticket upgrade?

This is in the FAQ:
    May I upgrade my free one day ticket to an Annual Pass or multi-day ticket?
    Yes, you may upgrade the free ticket to another ticket type of greater value within the applicable upgrade window. However, you are responsible for the incremental cost and the new ticket may only be used by you. No changes or refunds will be given. The value of the free ticket may not be used to combine or upgrade with a separate single or multi-day ticket.

Doesn't really address upgrading it to a park hopper. You'd probably need to go into guest relations after redeeming and ask them if you can do it. Based on the WDW web site, a 1 day tic is $79 and a 1 day park hopper is $131 (this is for an adult), so I believe the cost to you to upgrade it to a park hopper if they allow it would be $52. Personally for me....I'd keep my $52 and stick to one park.... (That said, we had a hard time thinking about only 1 park too, and had an extra couple of days between getting off the Wonder and flying home so we're using our free day one of the days and buying a 1 day pass the other day-and skipping the park hopping).
    -----------------------------------------------

Shelley
    Are you 23??? I am!!

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

You can upgrade the 1-day ticket just as if it was a standard 1-day base MYW ticket, so you can upgrade it within 14 days to add up to 10-days, park hopping, WPFM and no expiration if you want, or upgrade it to other classes of tickets like an AP. The upgrade value is that of a 1-day base MYW ticket, which is $79 adult, $68 child. So the cost to you would be whatever the cost of the target ticket you want is, less the value of the 1-day ticket. If you ONLY want to add park hopping, it is $52+tax.

The only restriction regarding this ticket is that you must USE it by entering the park first before you can do any upgrading. So redeem your voucher for the ticket, go into the park, and then go to Guest Services to do the upgrade, or do it at any later time when it is convenient for you at any ticket window.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator and more
    New: Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

hgraber is offline E-Ticket Holder

Thanks guys!!!
    I believe in Happily Ever Afters.

Fans_of _Mickey is offline A-Ticket holder

Hello!

Thank you for this info, I was wondering how they handle the cost to upgrade.

We got our Give A Day vouchers yesterday and are going back to WDW from 3/27-4/3 (our first time going doing Spring Break, we usually go in Oct), most of which is the blackout period, we will most likely do a combo of upgrading to 4 day passes + get the Quick Pass card option. I want to know if the Quick Pass option has the same black out dates as the passes? I can't seem to find that info anywhere.

Also, will WDW let us get the Quick Passes if we buy/bought multi-day passes from an authorized at a wholesaler?

Thank you much!

Hi, If this is a duplicate message, please 4give me, the last quick reply did not seem to load.

Thank you for the upgrade info. I was wondering how they credit toward the purchase of a multi day ticket.

We usually go to WDW in Oct, we are going for the 1st time, during Spring Break, from 3/27 to 4/3, leaving only 1 full day to use the FREE day. That would not seem to matter since we will be doing a combo of upgrading to 4-day passes and getting the Quick Pass Card(s) (1 voucher = 5 Quick Passes with proof of a multi day ticket). Does the Quick Pass Card option have the same black out dates as the FREE entry? If they do, then we know that we can only get the Quick Passes for March 28 (we do not go to the Parks on travel days).

Also, will WDW allow you get the Quick Pass Card if you bought your multi-day pass from a legitimate, qualified wholesaler like Maple Leaf?

Thank you much!

A CM I know spoke with two separate Guest Service Managers, who are the ones who really decide what you are allowed to do at the ticket windows and Guest Relations, and both agreed that ALL options are blacked out on those dates, not just the ticket option.

You can still ask, but you probably wouldn't be able to get anything.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator and more

Quote Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
    A CM I know spoke with two separate Guest Service Managers, who are the ones who really decide what you are allowed to do at the ticket windows and Guest Relations, and both agreed that ALL options are blacked out on those dates, not just the ticket option.

You can still ask, but you probably wouldn't be able to get anything.
    Hey, thanks Doc!

We'll use one of our vouchers for the Quick Pass cards for 3/28. + 4 of the 5 of us will upgrade to the 1 year passes or no expiration tickets as we are going back and staying on prop in Oct.

Can you tell me if they will let us get the Quick Passes if we buy a multi-day ticket from an authorized wholesaler?

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Fans_of _Mickey View Post
    Hey, thanks Doc!

We'll use one of our vouchers for the Quick Pass cards for 3/28. + 4 of the 5 of us will upgrade to the 1 year passes or no expiration tickets as we are going back and staying on prop in Oct.

Can you tell me if they will let us get the Quick Passes if we buy a multi-day ticket from an authorized wholesaler?

Thank you!
    As long as the multi-day ticket is valid for the holder, then it doesn't matter the source. However, I can't caution enough about using unauthorized ticket vendors. You have NO WAY to verify that the ticket you are purchasing is valid until you actually try to use it.
    Doc

As long as the multi-day ticket is valid for the holder, then it doesn't matter the source. However, I can't caution enough about using unauthorized ticket vendors. You have NO WAY to verify that the ticket you are purchasing is valid until you actually try to use it.
    Wow, am glad I found this web site. Thank you for all your help.

So true, so true... everyone should only ever buy passes from Disney or Authorized dealers. One cannot caution people too much about that.

FYI, I have heard from a few people in contact with Disney, and they may have reconsidered the availability of options during the blackout periods. It is not fully confirmed yet though, and it may be difficult to confirm before the first blackout...
    Doc

FYI, I have heard from a few people in contact with Disney, and they may have reconsidered the availability of options during the blackout periods. It is not fully confirmed yet though, and it may be difficult to confirm before the first blackout...
    Sure would be nice if they did.

Thanks for the update Doc... plz keep them coming! Amber

MommyO is offline A-Ticket holder

Quote Originally Posted by Fans_of _Mickey View Post

We got our Give A Day vouchers yesterday and are going back to WDW from 3/27-4/3 (our first time going doing Spring Break, we usually go in Oct), most of which is the blackout period, we will most likely do a combo of upgrading to 4 day passes + get the Quick Pass card option. I want to know if the Quick Pass option has the same black out dates as the passes? I can't seem to find that info anywhere.
    I just called Disney to ask the same question. The person at the reservations line gave me a special Give A Day Get a Disney Day number to call (407-827-5990). The person I talked to there said that you CAN redeem your voucher for the special FastPass or the Ear Hat Figurine with Trading Pins during the blackout dates.

Quote Originally Posted by MommyO View Post
    I just called Disney to ask the same question. The person at the reservations line gave me a special Give A Day Get a Disney Day number to call (407-827-5990). The person I talked to there said that you CAN redeem your voucher for the special FastPass or the Ear Hat Figurine with Trading Pins during the blackout dates.
    Yes, the CMs at that number are giving that information, which is a good sign. That information needs to get down to the GSMs at the parks though, and to my knowledge it hasn't happened yet.

I suggest you bring that number with you...
    Doc

Hey MommyO,
    Thank you so much for the update and especially the tel#.

Check this out. I called, was transferred around a few times and ended up speaking to a Miss Orlando (yes, her name really was Orlando). For all my questions, she put me on hold to talk to her supervisor, this is what she told me. The ONLY thing you can get on the black-out dates are the ears and pins, she sd that the system that redeems the vouchers for Fast Passes and tickets will not even be operational on black-out dates. So I asked "what if you want to apply your voucher toward, say a 10 day no expire ticket or an annual pass", she sd that you cannot even do that on black-out dates. She became a bit frustrated (not rude) with me, trying hard to make it clear that the ONLY thing you can get on black-out dates is the hat and pins, nothing else.

She said it is all in the terms, I told her the terms are actually confusing and read like the black-out dates are only for the one day ticket to get into a park.

I love and appreciate the program, I wish they could just figure out what is really going on and give us all the same, correct answer.

As for us, we bought our airline tickets in Nov, praise God we get there 1 day b4 the black out begins, so on that day, 3/27, we will arrive at Hollywood Studios with 1 already purchased 10 day no expiration pass, and with 1 of the vouchers get 5 Fast Passes, with our other 4 vouchers, will apply the aprox $70 credit that the voucher allows us toward 4 more 10 day no expiration tickets. A $280 savings on 4 passes that give us 20 total days of Parks and Water Parks is a pretty great savings! Especially since we do go to WDW at least once a year, and sometimes even twice.

Take Care

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast