Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Groceries 4 sale near BLT? in the Ask The Experts forums; We have a 2 BR villa at Bay Lake Tower. Since we will have some cooking facilities in the room, I thought it would be nice to have some coffee ...
    mlrehbein is offline A-Ticket holder

Groceries 4 sale near BLT?

We have a 2 BR villa at Bay Lake Tower. Since we will have some cooking facilities in the room, I thought it would be nice to have some coffee juice toast, muffins, hot cereal and milk etc. Is there somewhere we can purchase these items near the resort? We will not have a car.

Thanks!

TTAfanatic is offline E-Ticket Holder

Re: Groceries 4 sale near BLT?

Not sure if there is a store with groceries in the Contemporary, but there is one over at Fort Wilderness, just a short boat ride away, it's aimed more toward camping type food, but I'm sure they have eggs, bacon, bread, and stuff like that.

2001 - Caribbean Beach
    2008 - Pop Century
    2010 - Port Orleans Riverside

www.twitter.com/nickphillips97

I proudly support The FairTax!
    www.FairTax.org

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

I believe most of the resorts have a nice selection of grocery items. Like TTAFantastic mentioned, you can probably find eggs, bacon, milk, juice, and maybe even bread. I always stay at Wilderness Lodge and can find the basics of what I need (at slightly inflated prices... Disney-style). If you're really concerned about food, I suggest you rent a car, even for the day. Get it the day you land and return it the next day. Send your whole group on the Magical Express and rent a small economy car for yourself from Alamo. Check the web and get yourself a good deal. Then drive to the the Publix or Super Walmart nearby, load up for the week, and return the car to the Alamo Car Care Center right on Property right down the street from the Contemporary. They have a free van that will take you right back to your hotel. Easy!
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Practical Mom is offline A-Ticket holder

Most of the resorts have well stocked stores, but if there's anything special you want I would suggest you check out GardenGrocer.com. It's a great service. You can place your order online and it will be delivered to the resort. They have a huge variety of items. This service is especially great for those traveling with small children who need diapers, baby food, formula and the like. Rather than being weighted down with all that it can be delivered and waiting when they arrive.

OldKeyWestgirl is offline A-Ticket holder

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    I believe most of the resorts have a nice selection of grocery items. Like TTAFantastic mentioned, you can probably find eggs, bacon, milk, juice, and maybe even bread. I always stay at Wilderness Lodge and can find the basics of what I need (at slightly inflated prices... Disney-style). If you're really concerned about food, I suggest you rent a car, even for the day. Get it the day you land and return it the next day. Send your whole group on the Magical Express and rent a small economy car for yourself from Alamo. Check the web and get yourself a good deal. Then drive to the the Publix or Super Walmart nearby, load up for the week, and return the car to the Alamo Car Care Center right on Property right down the street from the Contemporary. They have a free van that will take you right back to your hotel. Easy!
    We have used the Alamo Rental area on property and it's fantastic. The staff is very friendly. We rented a car for a day just to go and grab some groceries at the super Wal-mart right outside of property. We returned the car, and they had one of their vans bring us to EPCOT so we could get back to vacationing. Highly recommend it!

Believing in yourself never goes out of style

wdwfns2 is offline D-Ticket Holder

Are you a DVC member? If you are there is a link on the right hand side of your home page for a complete grocery list that you can fill out before you go down. Just fax or mail it in and they will deliver the items to your room after 5:00 on the day of your check-in. The prices are slightly inflated and there is a $5.00 delivery charge...but over all it still has to be cheaper than the $35.00 rental car fee. If you aren't a DVC member, you can try calling BLT and they could send you a list or if needed I could email it to you
    Last edited by wdwfns2; 01-31-2010 at 10:32 PM. Reason: grammar, spelling error (oops!)
    Day 1 WDW Radio
    Keep to the code

LivLuvsTink is offline C-Ticket Holder

We do the same thing that wdwfns2 said. It's nice to have the food waiting for you right when you walk in the hotel room.
    I hope we never lose sight of one thing,
    that it was all started by a mouse.

wdwkid32 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Cool Re: Groceries 4 sale near BLT?

I think its very nice to have your own food but i dont know where to get any juice, or coffee nere the resort.