Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Rafiki's Planet Watch in the Ask The Experts forums; Hiya everyone. Can anyone please tell me what Rafiki's planet watch is and where in the animal kingdom i can find it. I've never came across it when I've been ...
    Donald_Goofy is offline A-Ticket holder

Rafiki's Planet Watch

Hiya everyone.

Can anyone please tell me what Rafiki's planet watch is and where in the animal kingdom i can find it. I've never came across it when I've been there but I've heard that you have a good chance to meet Jiminy Cricket, which is a character I've never met but would love to. Are there a lot of character meet and greets at Rafiki's Planet watch? Thanks guys

aaron18 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Born in london england and now live in orlando florida

Re: Rafiki's Planet Watch

Rafiki's Planet Watch, to get there you most get on 'The Wildlife Express Train' which is located next to kilimanjaro safaris. It is a nice train ride because you get to see the other side of the safari.
    At the planet watch you have a petting zoo also some more thing in there to do and see. Character you will see are, Pocahontas, Rafiki and Jiminy Cricket.

zippitydoodah is offline Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by Donald_Goofy View Post
    Hiya everyone.

Can anyone please tell me what Rafiki's planet watch is and where in the animal kingdom i can find it. I've never came across it when I've been there but I've heard that you have a good chance to meet Jiminy Cricket, which is a character I've never met but would love to. Are there a lot of character meet and greets at Rafiki's Planet watch? Thanks guys
    You have to take a train to get there... so its hard to just stumble upon it if you aren't looking. I believe the train leaves from Africa. I've met Jimminy Cricket, Rafiki and Pocahontas there... I'm not sure if there are others? Also there is a petting zoo and my favourite part is an area where you can watch the vets work on animals from the park through glass. Apparently all the animals get their vet work done there except for the elephants and giraffes who don't fit in the room haha. It's worth seeing... but it's not usually a must see for me at the Animal Kingdom. Oh, there is also a giant mural with a TON of hidden mickeys... it's fun to try to look for them all.

wdwkid32 is offline C-Ticket Holder

You get on a train and its in the back of the park

Epcot89 is offline A-Ticket holder

Right after you exit the Kilimanjaro Safari's you can see the entrance to the train station. My two-year old son really enjoyed the petting area last time with mainly goats, but there are a few cows that are roped off as well. You're right too, Jiminy Cricket is there and usually with a fairly small line. Rafiki was also there last time.

Mike
    St. Louis, MO
    DVC Member since '08

feedthebirds is offline A-Ticket holder

I absolutely recommend this experience. It is really neat, you take a train (by Kilimanjaro Safari entrance) and go to a building where they have character meet & greets (mentioned above) and a bunch of interactive experiences. For example, my husband and I talked with a cast member, Rose, and she worked in feeding/food prep station. She explained training, as well as, diet/exercise routines for the animals that live in Animal Kingdom. They also have a room where you can watch the vets examine the animals. It was REALLY cool and very interesting. Highly recommended.

Disney2000 is offline Fastpass Holder

As was said before me, you must take the Wildlife Express train from Africa to get to it. It's very interesting, but a little tip: There's no way to get to and from it without the train. So make sure you have plenty of time, because the lines for the train coming back into Africa can be very long. Plan accordingly.
    The Golden age never was the present age… but with human liberty we can fulfill the promise and meaning of America. To everyone a chance. To all people, regardless of their birth the right to live, to work, to be themselves, and to become whatever their visions can combine to make them. This is the promise of America...And I foresee the American adventure to continue for a long, long time!
    ~The American Adventure, EPCOT Center

Are you 23? I am!

Donald_Goofy is offline A-Ticket holder

Thanks for the replies everyone, I can't wait to go to Rafiki's Planet watch. I'd love to see Jiminy Cricket aswell, love character hunting! xxx