Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Cruise help in the Ask The Experts forums; HELP! We just booked the WDW Radio cruise (ultra excited) but we have NEVER cruised before! Are there any books out there that I can get to help us out? ...
    Jodidisneymom is offline A-Ticket holder

Cruise help

HELP! We just booked the WDW Radio cruise (ultra excited) but we have NEVER cruised before! Are there any books out there that I can get to help us out? Like what type of clothing do we need? Who and how much do you tip? What is paid for and what is not...I can navigate WDW with the best but I am a fish out of water planning this cruise! I appreciate all the help I can get!

little grammy is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: Cruise help

Welcome to the gang.
    My husband George and I are first time cruisers also. Here I have been following the "who is going" thread for info and I am on Deck 7-- they have a thread also.

I have an older Passporter book that is helpful--- but since the ship will be so new--- I am not hopeful on alot of additional info in time for Feb 2011. I plan to keep an eye out for trip reports on websites and on you tube.

I use Deb's Unofficial Walt Disney World Vacation Information Guide - WDW Planning Guide - Walt Disney World for info--- Deb's site is great

And the Disney website has been adding more info as time goes by.

I don't think there will be a FORMAL attire night...BUT THERE WILL BE PIRATE NIGHT!!!!

I think most of your answers can be found here, on All Ears or the Disney website.

Be sure to get added to the who is going list....and tell us about yourselves..... what deck are you on??
    "MagicMeets" Attendee 2006, '07, '08 and '09

"D23 EXPO" Attendee 2009

First Time Cruiser--- Disney Dream
    Feb. 2011 Deck 7 #7186

disneycrazy1956 is offline Fastpass Holder

We're going too, and its our first cruise also!!!!! The only thing I'm concerned about is the tipping. I know food is all paid for unless you upgrade restaurants... but alcohol and soda and water(bottled) is not included. But help me, I'm not sure about tipping who and when. We're part of the deck 6 gang--6690, where are you guys. Dave
    "I just want it to look like nothing else in the world... and it should be surrounded by a train" -Walt Disney.
    90 CB, 92 DI, 94 CR, 97 FWC, 99 CS, 00 CS, 02 CS, 04 POR, 05 POR, 07 POR, 08 POFQ, 09 POR, 11 POR.

tinkerbells mom is offline A-Ticket holder

Hi new to cruise thing too (unless is has to do with a street rod (car)) I have heard tipping is put on your room fee at the end of the cruise.
    Some where I heard that the pirate night might change to Villian Night on the new ship--not sure on that one.
    Disney ships have this thing called a "Fish Extender" that you hang outside your door for notes from other people and sometimes people put little gifts into the pockets. Think I found a picture on E-Bay.
    Other threads have been help and watching anything on the travel chanel about any cruise has given me ideas on dress.
    Room 2011 is our home in just over a year.
    Write soon.......see you next year
    Marilyn

little grammy is offline Fastpass Holder

the new stage show is villians. I think the party is still Pirates... hope so-- some have started working on costumes already.

We (Lesa and George) are on deck 7. Marilyn and Dave be sure to register on the "who is going" thread.

Somewhere I saw a guideline for tipping. Probably on allearsnet.com

There is a charge for soda from room service and at bars. I think it is included at meals. There is a free beverage station(s).
    "MagicMeets" Attendee 2006, '07, '08 and '09

"D23 EXPO" Attendee 2009

First Time Cruiser--- Disney Dream
    Feb. 2011 Deck 7 #7186

Jodidisneymom is offline A-Ticket holder

Thank you ALL!!!! We will be on deck 11...not near all the cool people I hear, HA! It is my husband, Mick, our daughter Lainie (who will be 12 in June) and my mom, dad and 26 year old brother as well. I can't wait to meet everybody, it sounds like a big family reunion! We live in Virginia and make the trip to WDW every year, and my parents live in St. Pete and go often! I'm glad we are not the only first time cruisers!