Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss AP Renewal in the Ask The Experts forums; Our AP's are due up for renewal the 19th of this month. We were intending of making a trip over to Disney this coming Saturday, the 13th, however, we just ...
    Flrancho is offline D-Ticket Holder

AP Renewal

Our AP's are due up for renewal the 19th of this month. We were intending of making a trip over to Disney this coming Saturday, the 13th, however, we just learnt that my Mom will have to have heart surgery on Monday, and we may, or my not be able to make it to Disney on the 13th. Unfortunately, this is the only time we'll be able to make it over there within our 60 day window to renew the tickets.

If it comes down to it, we may have to order the tickets online. If we renew our tickets online, will we still get the 15 month promotion for the price of 12 that we were offered?

If we order online, will we recieve actual tickets or a voucher? When will our passes become active, the day we order them, or the first day we go over to the parks and use them?

disneyscrapper is offline B-Ticket Holder

Re: AP Renewal

I can't answer all of your questions but I did just renew our passes over the phone. The woman I spoke with said I would be receiving vouchers in the mail within 2 weeks and we would have to take these to the ticket counter at WDW to get the actual tickets. I thought I had heard on a podcast once that the tickets become active the first time you use actually use them but I may be mistaken on that. If you decide to renew over the phone whoever helps you should be able to answer all of your questions. Hope everything goes well with your mother's surgery!

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

As far as I know, there is no restriction on the 15-month renewal offer that requires it be done in person, but your best bet is to call up and ask - they can handle the renewal on the phone. I do know that even in person, you need to make sure they set the expiration date properly as if the CM doesn't do it the right way, the extra 3 months don't get added.

Renewal vouchers are a bit of a strange beast, and I can't pretend to understand them entirely, but a renewal voucher in no way changes your expiration date.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Hope all goes well for your Mom. I believe I heard that your renewal date for the 15 months would back-date to your actual renewal date, not the first time you use the tickets or turn in the vouchers. For new APs, the date would start the date you truned in the vouchers and used the APs.

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

Quote Originally Posted by NC_WDW_Daddy View Post
    Hope all goes well for your Mom. I believe I heard that your renewal date for the 15 months would back-date to your actual renewal date, not the first time you use the tickets or turn in the vouchers. For new APs, the date would start the date you truned in the vouchers and used the APs.
    This is true...ALL renewals are based on the expiration date.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news