Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Baby swap in the Ask The Experts forums; With the baby swap is there any age limit. Like does the child have to be an infant or toddler in other to use this? Since this will be my ...
    JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO

Baby swap

With the baby swap is there any age limit. Like does the child have to be an infant or toddler in other to use this? Since this will be my first time going down with the girls by myself my youngest who will be 8 at the time is scary on certain rides that me and my oldest like to ride. I was thinking instead of forcing her to go on rides like the rocking roller coster could me and my oldest daughter switch or I'm I not going to be able to go any of my faves this time around. I'm hoping she gets over her fear by then but just incase I would like to be prepared. She seem to be coming around but just incase she changes her mind.Help would really like to know what I can do to stop any fight between my girls.Espically since my oldest loves to ride all the fast and dark and loud rides in the park

YES I"M GOING BACK AGAIN FOR HALLOWEEN

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    I believe that Baby Swap can be used for any child that is too young, or short (like me ), and is otherwise unable to ride the attraction.
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

MommytoMJM is offline DisneyWorldTrivia Mod - Living Disney as a Lifestyle
    Lou is right, baby swap is for any age or limitation...remember tho, we will be with you for most of your vacation, so we will be able to wrok that out. Also, just so you know.....Disney now has a policy that if a child is reisiting going on a ride, they will not allow them to ride (even if the parnet wants them to)
    Bonny June, Homeschooler, Webmaster and SNK/Adoption Advocate~~Marjorie June Mailani Adopted SNK, Disney Fanatic, Joyous, Cheerful, Incredible Kid~~Andrew, Cast Member, Disney Reservations Center~~Heart Mom to Cody (adoption loss 10-00)
    (linkie fixed...heh heh, thanks Val!)

Quote Originally Posted by MommytoMJM
    Disney now has a policy that if a child is reisiting going on a ride, they will not allow them to ride (even if the parnet wants them to)
    Really???? Very interesting!

Yup, they told us about it when MJ started fussing about a ride. Andrew ended up taking her thru the exit to get back to her wheelchair while I rode around BTMRR again to get mine. We also had to take her off of Aladin's Carpet's too (which she usually loves) We were in the middle of removing her from the ride, but they told us about the policy while we were taking her out...Not sure if all CM's enforce it, but we have run ito a couple who do for sure...
    Bonny June, Homeschooler, Webmaster and SNK/Adoption Advocate~~Marjorie June Mailani Adopted SNK, Disney Fanatic, Joyous, Cheerful, Incredible Kid~~Andrew, Cast Member, Disney Reservations Center~~Heart Mom to Cody (adoption loss 10-00)

dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    I cannot stand when a screaming child is made to ride any ride!!! It should be the child's decision NOT the parents.. In fact if the parent insists that the child remain on the ride they should be kicked off as well..

Quote Originally Posted by dzney4lyf
    I cannot stand when a screaming child is made to ride any ride!!! It should be the child's decision NOT the parents.. In fact if the parent insists that the child remain on the ride they should be kicked off as well..
    I completely agree...it just surprises me that Disney steps in.

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    Jedi-
    I am in the same boat. Going in June alone with my two older kids. My oldest is VERY cautious, and doesn't want to go on a lot of stuff for an 8 year old, like the barnstormer, splash/space mountain, BTMRR, even stunt shows he is scared of. But me and my daughter, 5, Love them. So I guess we'll have to miss lots of stuff, usually, their dad and I split it up and take turns, but I agree, it is a dilemma. But I don't force my son to ride anything either...Except I DID talk him in to my fav, Peter Pan's Flight. He was worried that it went waaaay up into the sky, but I explained it to him and got him to try it without any trouble....thankfully!!! We'll see how it goes in June!
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

I too disagree with parents who "make" kids who obviously don't want to ride do so... we are fortunate that we get to go a lot, so if MJ doesn't want to go on something one day, no biggie.... We would never make her go on something she didn't want ot be on, she knows herself best (especially since she can't talk and tell us what she is feeling or thinking)

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    MommytoMJM....are you sure we have to trade the kids back?....lol
    I knew what it meant was just joking---well maybe i was joking--

I agree too about parnets making their kids get on rides they don't want to go on.That's why I posted this thread I don't want my child upset just becaue I want to ride something or her sister want to ride something. I think it totaly wrong.

Vixen, you are too funny!

JediPrincess, Don't worry we'll work it out when your here so everyone goes on everything they like! BTW, I got a migraine last night so I wasn't able to call, I will call tonight! Hugs!

Vixen, you are too funny!

JediPrincess, Don't worry we'll work it out when your here so everyone goes on everything they like! BTW, I got a migraine last night so I wasn't able to call, I will call tonight! Hugs!
    Thanks Bonny looking fowrad to the help and meeting you and your family.

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    glad someone thinks i'm funny...most just think i'm strange....lol

emobelle is offline Fastpass Holder
    Also, just so you know.....Disney now has a policy that if a child is reisiting going on a ride, they will not allow them to ride (even if the parnet wants them to)

I've actually never heard of this, although it makes complete sense. I wasn't trained that way so it isn't a company policy. It must depend on the CM. I usually let kids hang out with me and be honorary CMs if they don't want to ride.
    George Bob Skippy S.I.R.
    June 20, 1995 - October 11, 2003

Bon Voyage

"...for once it might be grand to have someone understand, I want so much more than they've got planned..." -Belle