Your Walt Disney World Information Station

Poll: AAA or Not to AAA that is the Question!

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Ask The Disney Experts Discuss To AAA or Not To AAA that is the "?" in the Ask The Experts forums; We are going in August 2011 to WDW We are doing magic gatherings. We, Wife and I want to book directly through Disney Gatherings for most everything. My Brother-In-law and ...
    gooftroop is offline C-Ticket Holder

To AAA or Not To AAA that is the "?"

We are going in August 2011 to WDW We are doing magic gatherings. We, Wife and I want to book directly through Disney Gatherings for most everything. My Brother-In-law and Sister-in-law want to book through AAA only. We are staying at the Poly with all meals with Hopper pass. We are booking the rooms only in 2 weeks. They think we are nuts for doing this. This is my billionth time going, ok not that much, wife's 3rd time and In-laws 2nd time with 5 newbies. The 4 of the 5 newbies Adults think that we all are crazy and should just book a month to 2 months before going and they want to stay at the ploy with us.
    So should we go with AAA or not go with AAA?
    Last edited by gooftroop; 03-27-2010 at 10:11 PM.

grumpy of ohio is offline C-Ticket Holder

Re: To AAA or Not To AAA that is the "?"

We have AAA, but we don't book with them...We use AAA for train discount and booking direct with Disney is no other good codes are out, we usually get the AAA 10% room discount. we're not package people, 43 trips to WDW and all were room only. We're not interested in the dining plan, no money saver in our book and we don't want to be led around by a schedule, but the AAA discount is nice and pays for the AAA card which we can use while we're home.

disneycrazy1956 is offline Fastpass Holder

Whoever you book with just do it as far in advance as can. No matter who you book with if a better price comes along it you can get it. Better yet, a pro like mousefan travel will keep an eye I specials for you and automatically get you the better rate whether its free dining or room rates.
    "I just want it to look like nothing else in the world... and it should be surrounded by a train" -Walt Disney.
    90 CB, 92 DI, 94 CR, 97 FWC, 99 CS, 00 CS, 02 CS, 04 POR, 05 POR, 07 POR, 08 POFQ, 09 POR, 11 POR.

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder

We have booked using AAA and not using them. Lately i prefer calling disney directly

little grammy is offline Fastpass Holder

TIP:
    We get a AAA parking pass off of EBay. for $10-15 usually.
    Gives you "special convenient parking area" you still pay to park.....
    good all calendar year.
    "MagicMeets" Attendee 2006, '07, '08 and '09

"D23 EXPO" Attendee 2009

First Time Cruiser--- Disney Dream
    Feb. 2011 Deck 7 #7186

gooftroop is offline C-Ticket Holder

Thanks everyone! :0) This helped a lot. The adults that wanted to want until a couple of months before we go decided that they are going to book as a group. The AAA adults got more information about cost of canceling and they are know just booking direct to disney.

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation

i always use trip AAA.. have always hard good experiances with them.. and i always get the trip i want for about 100-200 less than what disney offers it to me.. and 100 bucks is better to me than to them that could pay for some really cool t shirts
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

Disney2000 is offline Fastpass Holder

I'd get a quote from both places and compare benefits/prices. I've done both, and I don't really prefer either way (although I wasn't paying =/ ). I think for me personally, it was easier to book through disney, simply because I knew what I was doing. If you are a disney freak as commonly found on these boards (BE PROUD! haha ), chances are you'll know quite a bit more than the AAA agent. I found it hard to talk to them, because i would say something and have to explain it a bit. However, I found it a wholeeee lot easier for them to call and give the people at disney a time range so that they could switch around to appropriate dates, since our first ones were not available. Either way is pleasant... Be sure to compare deals and benefits though.
    The Golden age never was the present age… but with human liberty we can fulfill the promise and meaning of America. To everyone a chance. To all people, regardless of their birth the right to live, to work, to be themselves, and to become whatever their visions can combine to make them. This is the promise of America...And I foresee the American adventure to continue for a long, long time!
    ~The American Adventure, EPCOT Center

Are you 23? I am!

TheBoxingGuru is offline A-Ticket holder

Quote Originally Posted by Disney2000 View Post
    I'd get a quote from both places and compare benefits/prices. I've done both, and I don't really prefer either way (although I wasn't paying =/ ). I think for me personally, it was easier to book through disney, simply because I knew what I was doing. If you are a disney freak as commonly found on these boards (BE PROUD! haha ), chances are you'll know quite a bit more than the AAA agent. I found it hard to talk to them, because i would say something and have to explain it a bit. However, I found it a wholeeee lot easier for them to call and give the people at disney a time range so that they could switch around to appropriate dates, since our first ones were not available. Either way is pleasant... Be sure to compare deals and benefits though.
    I had the same experience! We really liked our AAA Agent, and she WAS very helpful in getting us the $500 gift card deal etc. But when it came to talking Disney, I knew WAY more than her, and at the time, I'd only been there twice in my life! LOL!