Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Information About Wilderness Lodge Villas in the Ask The Experts forums; Hey there! Just booked a trip in October for the Wilderness Lodge Villas. Just looking for any info on the villas at all. The goods the bad's (If any) And ...
    Yensid_Retlaw is offline D-Ticket Holder

Information About Wilderness Lodge Villas

Hey there! Just booked a trip in October for the Wilderness Lodge Villas. Just looking for any info on the villas at all. The goods the bad's (If any) And just information regarding the Villas themselves. Is it a shared pool or separate. Stuff like that. So please just info.

Thanks in advance!

There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow! Just a dream away!

"A Tip of the hat from Dr. Facilier"

"Cause I've got friends on the other side!"

A proud D23 Charter Year member.

And a dedicated Lead Manager at the Disney Store in Georgian Mall, Barrie, Ontario! 3 years! I almost get a Pluto pin!

wallfan329 is offline Working on becoming a Disney CPer

Re: Information About Wilderness Lodge Villas

We stayed there last year. I liked it. The pool is separate from the main pool. The only thing that I did not like is that in our room the sink area/ closet area was very dark with the lights on.
    Mckayla
    My Disney College Program blog...everything from KSU life to getting ready for Spring 2015
    ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫
    2001(PO),2003(BC and DCL Magic),2004(ASM),2005(Poly and DCL Magic),2006(HH & OKW),2007(SSR),2009(WL),2010(BW,Pop and Vero),2011(OKW),2012(AKL & OKW),2012(Pop, Reunion),2013(Band Trip/Birthday Trip...AoA/Off Property),2014(OKW,Pop and DCL Dream)
    ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

goin2okw is offline A-Ticket holder

I love the Wilderness Lodge Villas! You have a quiet pool just outside the Villas, or access to the main pool a short walk from there. When you're there you feel like you're miles away from the business of the Magic Kingdom but its a relaxing boat ride away. You can't see the MK from there, though, unlike the other MK resorts. Take a tour of the Wilderness Lodge one morning or see if your family can be the "flag family" of the day while you're there. There is a very nice gym downstairs and also can book a massage right there. There is the Carrolwood room with cars from Walt's train set at his home, and a nice lobby with checkers. Short walk to the buses to the other parks.

If you have any other questions, let me know- I'm a DVC member there and be happy to help.

chavez705 is offline A-Ticket holder

We love the WL in general. The only thing we think you should be aware of is that a large majority of the rooms have a woods view. SO... at the villas you have to pick between the few lake view rooms and doing so would put you far from main lodge, mostly important to me b/c of the roaring forks :-) seems like the best views are a mile away from the main lodge although the villas feel a mile closer to the bus stop. Also, one thing that didn't matter to us was that (at least in Dec 2008) the villas didn't seem to get the same room updates that happened in the main lodge, but this would only matter if you had your heart set on a flat LCD TV!
    Charter D23 Member
    #1 Dec. 2006 - Grand Floridian
    #2 Dec. 2007 - Wilderness Lodge
    #3 Dec. 2008 - Villas at Wilderness Lodge
    #4 Dec. 2009 - Boardwalk Inn
    #5 ?? WDW ?? DL ??

goin2okw is offline A-Ticket holder

Quote Originally Posted by chavez705 View Post
    We love the WL in general. The only thing we think you should be aware of is that a large majority of the rooms have a woods view. SO... at the villas you have to pick between the few lake view rooms and doing so would put you far from main lodge, mostly important to me b/c of the roaring forks :-) seems like the best views are a mile away from the main lodge although the villas feel a mile closer to the bus stop. Also, one thing that didn't matter to us was that (at least in Dec 2008) the villas didn't seem to get the same room updates that happened in the main lodge, but this would only matter if you had your heart set on a flat LCD TV!
    We stayed at the Villas at Wilderness Lodge in early March (this year) in a 1 BR unit and both the Living Room and the BR had large flat screen TVs (not humongous, but a good size for the room)

Did you cut through the pool area to get to Roaring Forks? Its closer that way. Also, you're right, the villas are closer to the bus stop.

chavez705 is offline A-Ticket holder

Quote Originally Posted by goin2okw View Post
    We stayed at the Villas at Wilderness Lodge in early March (this year) in a 1 BR unit and both the Living Room and the BR had large flat screen TVs (not humongous, but a good size for the room)

Did you cut through the pool area to get to Roaring Forks? Its closer that way. Also, you're right, the villas are closer to the bus stop.
    we stayed in a 2 bedroom, but like I said we stayed there in Dec 2008 so they definitely could have updated all rooms since then. Yensd_Retlaw should definitely check out allears.net since they usually keep their info and pictures about the resorts up to date. As far as the short cut to RF goes, my group was split as to whether it was a short cut or "long cut". I thought it at least felt closer where others in my group said that you could "imagine that RF was on the opposite corner of a giant rectangle and that both of the paths were the same". I definitely enjoyed the walk through the pool areas more since there was more to look at, especially in the mornings!
    Charter D23 Member
    #1 Dec. 2006 - Grand Floridian
    #2 Dec. 2007 - Wilderness Lodge
    #3 Dec. 2008 - Villas at Wilderness Lodge
    #4 Dec. 2009 - Boardwalk Inn
    #5 ?? WDW ?? DL ??

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Wilderness Lodge is my home DVC resort, too. I haven't ever had a good 'view', as most rooms face the woods. There is lots of wildlife around (bunnies, frogs, etc) so there is plenty to see while you're out walking, especially first thing in the morning. One thing I don't like is that the ducks swim in the pool, so you can imagine what gets into the water. Though that's primarily in the main pool. The Villas pool is nothing special, just a bit quieter than the main one.

The main gripe I have about the lodge is that they feel "old' more than "rustic". The lobby is beautiful (both lobbies, actaully), but the rooms need some TLC. Carpets and floors are dirty, which makes the rest of the room feel dirty.

While the bus stops are pretty close to the Villas, the boat launch is a bit further away. Still, on the days when the bus just doesn't seem to be coming, I've walked to the TTC and caught the monorail.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

Ill be staing there for the first time in aug... I have heard many of the same things from others... but i was not aware that you can literally walk to the TTC... i knew that walking to MK is just not possible, but i was unaware of the closer proximity of the TTC
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by JNota0005DakMC View Post
    Ill be staing there for the first time in aug... I have heard many of the same things from others... but i was not aware that you can literally walk to the TTC... i knew that walking to MK is just not possible, but i was unaware of the closer proximity of the TTC
    It's a decent walk, though not very long. And there are no sidewalks. Out the front gate, cross the street, then walk about a quarter of a mile past the lost & found and pet care center. You'll be right at the gates to the TTC.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

I like... thanks!!! I don't mind the walk... You go to WDW... your used to walking all day... do you think it is less time consuming than the bus to Epcot...? I think that will be the time I would take that walk...
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!

It's tough to call. The bus is great, IF it shows up. Wilderness is sort of just around the block (driving) from Epcot. Once it goes past the Car Care Center and gets on the main road, the next exit is the one for Epcot, so the trip isn't too terribly far. If you want the experience and view of the monorail, then that's an option. Don't forget about the boat to MK... another nice perk.

Oh I am all about the MK Ferry from WL... I can see that working out exceptionally well...
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney