Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Toontown in the Ask The Experts forums; When is Toontown closing? We are headed down in June and would love to see it one last time....
    Chessie is offline A-Ticket holder

Toontown

When is Toontown closing? We are headed down in June and would love to see it one last time.

Epcot_Don is offline D-Ticket Holder

Re: Toontown

Going in June you should be safe! They haven't "officially" announced a date, but Toon Town shouldn't close until the Fall, probably September or October is my bet. (Although I hope they hold out for the remainder of 2010, as we are going in Dec!)
    "America, keep on flying now. Keep your spirit free. Facing new frontiers."

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

Given the timeframe they have announced for completion, I wouldn't be surprised for it to not only last out this year, but possible a good portion of next year as well...
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Disney has stated that they will give plenty of warning however who knows what that really means.

From what my son was told both Ariel's Grotto and Pooh's Playful Spot would be closing on April 11th. That Disney was just waiting for Spring Breaks to conclude.

Now Disney isn't good with sticking to time-lines so who knows. It doesn't however fit in with the "plenty of warning" promise. If nothing else it appears these areas will be the first to go. I betting on the roller-coaster to be one of the last to go temporarily down.

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Disney has stated that they will give plenty of warning however who knows what that really means.

From what my son was told both Ariel's Grotto and Pooh's Playful Spot would be closing on April 11th. That Disney was just waiting for Spring Breaks to conclude.

Now Disney isn't good with sticking to time-lines so who knows. It doesn't however fit in with the "plenty of warning" promise. If nothing else it appears these areas will be the first to go. I betting on the roller-coaster to be one of the last to go temporarily down.
    The Grotto and Pooh were up against the wall behind which a lot of the work currently happening is taking place. I'm surprised by it being this soon (Note, I also heard a date early in May, and only about Ariel), but I also figured they'd be the first affected.

I'm guessing Toontown would be last as they open up some of the newer stuff already being built. Given the popularity of Pixie Hollow they probably want that open as long as possible.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

One last stroll down Toontown fur us this June.

Vadania is offline C-Ticket Holder

Please keep your fingers crossed it's still open in September!!

I really want to see the Fab Five sets again and it wouldn't be the Halloween party without a stroll through Toon Town. I've bought a new video camera and lots of SD cards so I can document it before it goes.

On this note... from what I've heard of the announcements, it seems very girlie orientated and the Princess theme feels like it's getting too strong. I hope they balance it, as much as I like the Princesses I like Goofy's Barnstorm more

I hope the Disney Exec's keep in mind that Disney isn't just for kids - children grow up and what to expereince the magic too.
    Kungaloosh!!

Epcot_Don is offline D-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
    Given the timeframe they have announced for completion, I wouldn't be surprised for it to not only last out this year, but possible a good portion of next year as well...

They are saying the majority of the new Fantasyland will open in 2012, and Pixie Hollow is slated to open in 2013. I would assume they'll keep it open as long as they possibly can, so Toon Town might make it through 2010 and into 2011. Those of us with trips planned in late 2010 or 2011 will just have to keep our fingers crossed!
    "America, keep on flying now. Keep your spirit free. Facing new frontiers."