Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Need advice on romantic places for my honeymoon in the Ask The Experts forums; Yes, you read that right! I'm planning my honeymoon, and I'm going to take my future wife to Disney World! Now, I've worked at Disney back in 2006 and again ...
    cavaliers60 is offline A-Ticket holder

Need advice on romantic places for my honeymoon

Yes, you read that right! I'm planning my honeymoon, and I'm going to take my future wife to Disney World! Now, I've worked at Disney back in 2006 and again in 2009, but sadly I really don't know of a whole lot of romantic things to do there. I know the night time fireworks shows are good, Dinner at the Contemporary Resort with Fireworks to follow while on the balcony. I was just wondering if there are other neat ideas that I am missing.

My fiancee has NEVER been to Disney World. So, right now it's hard for me. She really thinks it's just another theme park, and doesn't want to spend our whole honeymoon there. But I know once we get there, that will change. I know of a few other little things to do while there (like getting the just married buttons), but not sure what there is outside the parks. If you could help, that would be great! Thanks everyone!

It's such a blast planning this. It's so exciting for me because I KNOW where I'm going, and I know all the fun things to do (rides and whatnot). We are both thrill ride junkies, so Mission Space, here we come!!!!

Flrancho is offline D-Ticket Holder

Re: Need advice on romantic places for my honeymoon

For resorts I'd lean towards POFQ if you're on a budget (taking her on a nighttime carriage ride around the PO resorts would be awesome). If you want to spend more money on your resort, I'd probably recommend the Poly and then maybe the GF.

As for some suggestions on romantic things to do, here's a few of my ideas:

• Carriage ride at PO resorts
    • Dinner at either California Grill or Narcoosee's, timed when Wishes starts
    • Dinner at Le Chefs de France or Bistro de Paris, timed when IllumiNations starts
    • Let Disney know you're celebrating, they can arrange something special in your room
    • Rent the Breathless at Yacht Club; or take an IllumiNations or Wishes cruise.

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Re: Need advice on romantic places for my honeymoon

, your getting 2x the fun, your on your honeymoon and your going with a first timer.
    Romantic dinners are a must, I would try Citrico's in the GF. Although I don't thnk California Grill is very romantic it is very nice and I think seeing the fireworks from the rooftop is romantic (especially if you bring a glass of champange out to watch them). Of course if you want to break the bank there is always Victoria and Alberts but since your newlyweds you may want to buy a new home instead
    The beach at the Polynesian is another romantic place to watch the fireworks and you can also catch the light show in the water. Then you can stroll arond the property.
    How about a couples spa treatment? That is very romantic! I think the Grand Floridian and Saratoga Springs offers that.
    Just about any boat ride can be romantic, if you don't want to spring for the Breathless then just take any of the transportation boats and sit in the back and cuddle. I like the boats from the Boardwalk to MGM or Epcot, also the boat from POR to DTD is a beautiful ride.
    I agree with Flrancho, the carriage ride at POR or also at Fort Wilderness would be very romanic.
    Have a great time and Happy Honeymooning
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!