Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Annual Pass in the Ask The Experts forums; My Wife and I decided at the last minute to go to Disney World for our Anniversary. We will be in the "World" from May 23-28, 2010. We are thinking ...
    Figment071 is offline A-Ticket holder

Annual Pass

My Wife and I decided at the last minute to go to Disney World for our Anniversary. We will be in the "World" from May 23-28, 2010. We are thinking of buying an Annual Pass since we are going back in January for the Half-Marathon. Does the AP include extra magic hours? Also, do they still offer the free Ride-Along at the Richard Petty Driving Experience? Any other tips/tricks anyone has would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

Re: Annual Pass

Extra Magic Hours is only for on-site guests. If you are not staying on-site, your AP will not help there. It will, however, get you free parking at the parks.

I believe the free ride-a-long ended March 31st. I don't see it currently offered on the passholder site.

As a passholder, you can also get the Tables In Wonderland card for $75, which gets you 20% off most (not all) table service meals (including alcoholic beverages), and a just few counter services (mainly at AK and the value resort food courts). You would need to spend more than $375 (pre-discount) in qualifying meals to make it worth it. The AP itself gets a few meal discounts as well (not as many and only 10% usually), so be sure to do the math to see if it matters.

If you like to stay on site, AP holders also can get room-only discounts, and you can also now book a room-only-with-dining package if you like the dining plans.

There are also the various other discounts on shopping, etc.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

Jaxum is offline D-Ticket Holder

If you are planning on being there for 6 days on this trip, and lets say, 3 more days in January, it would be worth it. Like it was said in the previous post, you can also get a room only discount, which I get every time, and save some more money. Well worth it. And who knows, it may just make you want to go more often!
    Jaxum- Disneyland Aficionado!
    Disneyland, WDW, and DLPR Annual Passholder
    D23 1st Day Charter Member
    My Disneyland and WDW videos and photos!
    http://youtube.com/tkfore21 .... http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaxum_readis/sets/

Disney days for 2009:
    Disneyland:(27) / Tokyo Parks:(4) / WDW:(19)
    Total Days in the parks for 2009: 50!
    Disney Days for 2010:
    Disneyland: (27) / WDW:(31) / DLRP: (6)
    Total Days in the parks for 2010: 63!
    Disney Days for 2011:
    Disneyland: (0) / WDW:(17)
    Total Days so far in the parks for 2010: 17!

D23 and Other events:
    Expo '09, Candlelight Spectacular '09, Magic and Merriment '09, D23 Anniversary DL/WDW, Studio Tour April '10, Disney Archives 40th Anniversary, Destination D: Disneyland 55, Disneyland Scavenger Hunt, Sip and Stroll '10, Tangled Screening, TRON Pop-up Shop, Magic & Merriment '10, Everest Challenge '09, Adventurer's Club Weekend '09, DL Candlelight '09, Gumball Rally '10, WDW Radio 24 Hour Live Show '10, Disneyland's 55th Anniversary, Pacific Northwest Mouse Meet '10, Mickey's Halloween 5k '10,WDW Radio Walkabout '10, ConGaloosh '10, DL Candlelight '10

zippitydoodah is offline Annual Passholder

I'm thinking of getting one too...

I'm doing 6 days in August, and then one or two days in March, but then my friend wants me to come with her in December. I wouldn't be able to afford that extra trip unless I have an AP and I think that makes it for SURE worth it. Either way, when you add in the free parking (we use off-site timeshares) I'm thinking its a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by zippitydoodah View Post
    I'm thinking of getting one too...

I'm doing 6 days in August, and then one or two days in March, but then my friend wants me to come with her in December. I wouldn't be able to afford that extra trip unless I have an AP and I think that makes it for SURE worth it. Either way, when you add in the free parking (we use off-site timeshares) I'm thinking its a good idea.
    At 3+ trips, it is almost certainly worth it over three separate tickets, and probably over NE tickets covering at least two of them...but more specifics would be needed.

The straight-up break even point (not including the discounts) varies from 10-14 days depending on if you typically include park hopper (APs include it), you are a DVC member, etc.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator

I wouldn't be doing any park hopping and I'm not a DVC member... and like I said, Im off site so I would be paying for parking every single day if I don't have the AP. I think it's for SURE worth it with the 3 trips (the "bonus" trip would be at least 4 or 5 park days).

The only thing is if that trip doesn't end up happening, if it's still worth it? By 6 days in August I meant 6 PARK days (its a 2 week vacation) which could increase to more days, and then the addition 2 days in March. Plus 7 days worth of parking...

Well, the math is pretty easy - not including tax or price increases between now and then (you can purchase tickets now to protect against that anyways):

6-day base ticket: $231
    2-day base ticket: $156
    7 days of parking at $14/day: $98
    Total: $485

Tourist AP: $489

10% off at World Of Disney would easily take care of that $5...
    Doc

Or that $5 will be the insurance I take "in case" I go on that extra trip... I would be VERY mad at myself if I didn't get the pass and then the trip ended up happening... $5 for an extra weeks worth of park tickets is for SURE worth it (and not a huge amount of money if we don't go)

Thanks for helping!

Jaxum is offline D-Ticket Holder

When I got mine, (I was there for 9 days that first trip), I knew I would be going for one more trip that year. That one more trip, is turning into 1 more trip + 3! So, five trips total. As I said, it will justify more trips to the parks! And help with the costs of any D23 events you want to go to.
    Jaxum- Disneyland Aficionado!
    Disneyland, WDW, and DLPR Annual Passholder
    D23 1st Day Charter Member
    My Disneyland and WDW videos and photos!
    http://youtube.com/tkfore21 .... http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaxum_readis/sets/

Disney days for 2009:
    Disneyland:(27) / Tokyo Parks:(4) / WDW:(19)
    Total Days in the parks for 2009: 50!
    Disney Days for 2010:
    Disneyland: (27) / WDW:(31) / DLRP: (6)
    Total Days in the parks for 2010: 63!
    Disney Days for 2011:
    Disneyland: (0) / WDW:(17)
    Total Days so far in the parks for 2010: 17!

D23 and Other events:
    Expo '09, Candlelight Spectacular '09, Magic and Merriment '09, D23 Anniversary DL/WDW, Studio Tour April '10, Disney Archives 40th Anniversary, Destination D: Disneyland 55, Disneyland Scavenger Hunt, Sip and Stroll '10, Tangled Screening, TRON Pop-up Shop, Magic & Merriment '10, Everest Challenge '09, Adventurer's Club Weekend '09, DL Candlelight '09, Gumball Rally '10, WDW Radio 24 Hour Live Show '10, Disneyland's 55th Anniversary, Pacific Northwest Mouse Meet '10, Mickey's Halloween 5k '10,WDW Radio Walkabout '10, ConGaloosh '10, DL Candlelight '10

tiggerguy is offline one of the good guys

Quote Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
    Well, the math is pretty easy - not including tax or price increases between now and then (you can purchase tickets now to protect against that anyways):

6-day base ticket: $231
    2-day base ticket: $156
    7 days of parking at $14/day: $98
    Total: $485

Tourist AP: $489

10% off at World Of Disney would easily take care of that $5...
    but if you're stating on property you get "free" parking
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

tiggerguy is offline one of the good guys

allearsnet has a section where it says when it makes sense to get an AP
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator