Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss ADRs in mid-December in the Ask The Experts forums; Although I've been to WDW several times over the last 20 years, I am rather new to the idea of table service restaurants the resort offers. Over the years, my ...
    SteamboatWilly is offline A-Ticket holder

ADRs in mid-December

Although I've been to WDW several times over the last 20 years, I am rather new to the idea of table service restaurants the resort offers. Over the years, my family seemed to be drawn to our favorite quick service restaurants such as Pecos Bill's and Columbia Harbour House. It wasn't until I started listening to the WDW Radio podcasts that I began to realize the quality and variety of food that was available. This awareness was greater realized last year when my grandparents took us to Kona Cafe for our first table service experience. We have a trip scheduled for December 12-17 and I was wondering about ADRs this time of year. We plan on going to some of the moderately priced restaurants, primarily around World Showcase and in Hollywood Studios. However, I don't want to have to plan my days at the parks 6 months in advance. We usually make a park decision the night before based on EMH and crowd calendars. For those who are experienced with ADRs this time of year, do you think we would have any luck not making an ADR? Thanks in advance!
    Off Property - 1984
    Off Property - 1986
    Contemporary - 1990
    Port Orleans French Quarter - 1992
    Port Orleans French Quarter - 1994
    All Star Sports - 2001
    Port Orleans French Quarter - 2008
    Pop Century - 2009
    Boardwalk - 2010

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Re: ADRs in mid-December

Stick with the 180 days (six months) out from the date of your ADR. Sometimes you get lucky close to your trip, but if there is someplace special you'd like to stay, then call and book it in advance. You can cancel the ADR at any time before you arrive. Don't risk missing out if you're set on specific restaurants.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

bolter is offline A-Ticket holder

I agree, we are going in November and wanted to go to Le Cellier. So we planned to go on tues at around 5- 5:30. The earliest our travel agent could get for us, on the first day we could do our ADR was Friday at 5:00. Every other day was booked until 8:00 at the earliest. You can always cancel them if you change your mind...

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Better to book and cancel, but if you do cancel because you change your plans, then visit the podium at the restaurant you want to eat and ask about a stand-by. A surprising large number of retaurants seem to have a standy-by table even when you can not make a same-day ADR at Guest Relations.

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation

yep i booked chef mickey.. but for some reason when we got there.. there wasnt a ressie in our name??? but they had planned for things like this and got us right in with no wait
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy