Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss dining options in the Ask The Experts forums; so me and my cousin are going to disney in august. we want to dine at a lot of places, but before we make final ADR reservations i want to ...
    disneyloveee is offline B-Ticket Holder

dining options

so me and my cousin are going to disney in august. we want to dine at a lot of places, but before we make final ADR reservations i want to know how a few places are for certian meals:

-Princess Breakfast in Norway
    -Bistro de Paris- Lunch and Dinner
    -Donald's Safari Breakfast
    -Garden Grill- Lunch and Dinner
    -Garden Grove- Dinner
    -The Hollywood Brown Derby- Lunch and Dinner
    -Kouzzina- Dinner
    -Les Chefs de France- Lunch and Dinner
    -Raglan Road- Dinner
    -Rainforest Cafe (ANIMAL KINGDOM)- Dinner
    -Sci-Fi Dine In- Lunch and Dinner
    -Breakfast at 1900 Park Fare
    -Teppan Edo- Dinner
    -The Plaza Restaurant- Lunch and Dinner
    -Tutto Italia- Lunch and Dinner

we also want to know if anyone has done the dine with an imagineer event at the hollywood brown derby...we want to try it, but we want to hear how it is first.
    "When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do. And one thing it takes to accomplish something is courage."
    -Walt Disney

Zipadeedooda is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: dining options

i can personally vouch for some of those choices: the princess breakfast in Norway is absolutely delicious they bring u big plates of sausages, french toast, bacon, and eggs. Donald's safari breakfast in a buffet and it is also very good having everything from pancakes, to donuts, and fruit and eggs and bacon. Tutto Italia is also delicious with great pastas and excellent chickem parm. i don't recommend raniforest cafe as its over priced for the quality of the meal
    Noah

Where Magic Lives

"its a glorious three hour finale I call A Tribute to all Nations but Mostly AMERICA!"

"Now approaching Tomorrowland's Space Mountain"

zippitydoodah is offline Annual Passholder

I can tell you what I think of a few of those...

Chefs de France- I went there for dinner and had the duck... and it was REALLY good. My friend really loved her meal as well (I don't remember what she had). I would for sure recommend it and go back again. (it didn't hurt that our waiter was adorable... and gave us his email address haha).

Raglan Road- I've been here once for dinner and I had the Salmon of Knowledge. I STILL am raving about that salmon mmmm mmm. It was cooked perfectly and was by far the best salmon I had ever had. My friend liked her meal, but not to the degree I did. Dessert was great too! I think it would be more fun if you could see the entertainment, but we were kind of stuck around a little corner on our own.

Sci-Fi Dine In- We went for dinner, but both ended up getting burgers, fries and milkshakes that were on the lunch menu. It just seemed weird to be getting a steak or fancier dinner item like that when you're at "the drive-in". It is worth it to go just for the atmosphere! It was a lot of fun and really unique (oh and the burgers and milkshakes were fantastic

1900 Park Fare- I was unimpressed with breakfast here. It wasn't BAD, but the food was not memorable, and I didn't enjoy the characters at all. Mary Poppins was alright, but her and Alice (who was creepy creepy looking... she was like 60 pounds and bone white) just passed by and barely stopped. I would never eat here for breakfast again- I would pick Chef Mickeys instead.

I've eaten at Rain Forest cafes before, but never at Disney World. That's the reason I would never waste my time eating at that location- because they're found EVERYWHERE. I would rather spend my time and money on something that is unique to Disney World I would pick Yak and Yedi at AK anytime instead- it was delicious! One of the best meals I had at Disney World.

Hope some of that helps!

Dizisit is offline Magic-creating Disney Store CM, and Imagineer at heart...!!!

Of all the restaurants on your list, there are only 2 that I have been to.

Sci-Fi: Have been there a couple of times and both times I did have the steak. Rest of the family had burgers or hot dogs or somethin' like that. The food was pretty good but not great, but the atmosphere is really well-themed and very fun!

Teppan Edo: Great food and a great time!

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

We did not care for Rainforest Cafe at AK. We had one good experience followed by two bad experiences due to server inattention. I had to get up twice to re-fill my kids sodas because we only saw our server when they took our order, initial drink dropp off and check. One of the entrees came out with the wrong side which we pointed out when it arrived and were told that our server would stop by to fix, but never saw them until they dropped off the check. Overpriced and bad service, we have not returned.

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

BTW, Deb's AllEars.net has lots of reviews on all the restaurants. Looking through them, you cna see trends and even how service stacks up at different times of the year for each restaurant.

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation

i love chef mickeys , princess in norway, crystal palace and loved loved loved the liberty tavern!!

the hubby didnt like coral reef.. they cooked the steak in a sauce or poured it over it.. and he said it tasted like dirt...lol
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

disneyloveee is offline B-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by NC_WDW_Daddy View Post
    BTW, Deb's AllEars.net has lots of reviews on all the restaurants. Looking through them, you cna see trends and even how service stacks up at different times of the year for each restaurant.
    this is so helpful!
    thanks so much!
    "When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do. And one thing it takes to accomplish something is courage."
    -Walt Disney