Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Rain, Rain, Go Away in the Ask The Experts forums; Heading to the "World" May 23-28. According to the weather, it's going to rain all week. Does anyone have a good "rain plan"? I haven't been to Disney in 4 ...
    Figment071 is offline A-Ticket holder

Rain, Rain, Go Away

Heading to the "World" May 23-28. According to the weather, it's going to rain all week. Does anyone have a good "rain plan"? I haven't been to Disney in 4 years and I am not going to let the rain ruin my trip.

Can anyone give me some ideas?

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation

Re: Rain, Rain, Go Away

the only rained once while we were there and we ventured onwards..lol we were at the MK and used umbrellas and ponchos between rides.. i hope the weather people dont know what their talkin about and you end up with great weather
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

AuburnDisneyFan is offline A-Ticket holder

We've been several times while its rained and even thunderstormed. We keep on going like usual. Typically the parks start to clear out during showers, and start to come back once it starts to slack up. As long as it isnt lightning or raining hard, "outdoor" rides such as Big Thunder and Everest stay open. Shows and completely indoor rides have the longest line. Innoventions at EPCOT, Disney Animation at Hollywood Studios, and such are usually packed during rain showers. The best plan is to put on rain gear and go about your plans as usual.

P.S.-Bring extra socks or even a change of clothes for later in the day. There's nothing worse than walking around in wet clothes and especially wet socks all day!

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation

oh i hear ya.. nothing worse than wet socks
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

Jaxum is offline D-Ticket Holder

Jaxum- Disneyland Aficionado!
    Disneyland, WDW, and DLPR Annual Passholder
    D23 1st Day Charter Member
    My Disneyland and WDW videos and photos!
    http://youtube.com/tkfore21 .... http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaxum_readis/sets/

Disney days for 2009:
    Disneyland:(27) / Tokyo Parks:(4) / WDW:(19)
    Total Days in the parks for 2009: 50!
    Disney Days for 2010:
    Disneyland: (27) / WDW:(31) / DLRP: (6)
    Total Days in the parks for 2010: 63!
    Disney Days for 2011:
    Disneyland: (0) / WDW:(17)
    Total Days so far in the parks for 2010: 17!

D23 and Other events:
    Expo '09, Candlelight Spectacular '09, Magic and Merriment '09, D23 Anniversary DL/WDW, Studio Tour April '10, Disney Archives 40th Anniversary, Destination D: Disneyland 55, Disneyland Scavenger Hunt, Sip and Stroll '10, Tangled Screening, TRON Pop-up Shop, Magic & Merriment '10, Everest Challenge '09, Adventurer's Club Weekend '09, DL Candlelight '09, Gumball Rally '10, WDW Radio 24 Hour Live Show '10, Disneyland's 55th Anniversary, Pacific Northwest Mouse Meet '10, Mickey's Halloween 5k '10,WDW Radio Walkabout '10, ConGaloosh '10, DL Candlelight '10

tdf192 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Yea that podcast had some great tips. I'd say take some pre bought ponchos as they arent the cheapest in the parks. i would also go to DHS or MK as there are a lot more coverings and a lot less open spaces.

wdwfns2 is offline D-Ticket Holder

be careful with the umbrellas! they can act like a lightning rod and get you shocked. More people die from lightning strikes each year than aligator bites. There are little lightning rods on all the buildings so just take your ponchos. The parks pretty much clear out during the rain storms which means shorter wait times! If it's a monsoon, walk around indoors and do some shopping. The heavy rains usually don't last much more than 20-40 minutes.
    Day 1 WDW Radio
    Keep to the code

zippitydoodah is offline Annual Passholder

To me rain=MUCH smaller lineups! If its going to rain on a few days of our vacation we always go to the parks, and save the hot, sunny days for the pool (or drive to the beach!). I mean, the parks are great when it's nice out, but less lineups means more gets done
    Just make sure you bring a sweater (and wear a poncho or take the sweater off when you're outside in the rain to keep it dry). There's nothing worse than going into a freezing, air conditioned building when you're soaking wet!

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

We had one of our best days ever at AK when it rained all day. No lines for anything and we made due with our ponchos. We are a Marine family so we are not going to let "amphibious sunshine" slow us down.

DopeyDancer87 is offline Disney Obsessed Since 1988 :-)

They say EPCOT is a good place to be when it rains because most of the attractions and line ques are inside, so you may want to consider going there on the rainiest day. Otherwise, just like you said, never let the rain slow you down! Besides, this is Florida, there will always be at least a few breaks of sunshine :-)
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney

"Adults are just grown up kids, anyway." -Walt Disney

(((Por favor mantangense alejado de las puertas )))

*My Visits*
    1988 - Polynesian Resort*1991- Port Orleans*1992- Port Orleans*1994- Wilderness Lodge*1995- Caribbean Beach*1997- Boardwalk*1998- Old Key West*1999- All- Star Movies*2000- Wilderness Lodge*2000- Caribbean Beach*2001- Wilderness Lodge*2001- Port Orleans Riverside*2001- Coronado Springs*2002 - Boardwalk*2003 - Contemporary*2003 - Caribbean Beach*2003 - All Star Sports & Music*2004- Grand Californian (DL)*2004 - Boardwalk*2005 - Boardwalk*2006 - Wilderness Lodge*2007- Boardwalk*2007 - Wilderness Lodge*2008 - Saratoga Springs*2009 - Off Site*2011 - Bay Lake Tower/Boardwalk Villas*February, 2012 - POFQ