Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss "The Ring" in the Ask The Experts forums; Does anyone know the signifigance of the "ring" of stones in front of the Haunted Mansion? I saw this when I was there a few months ago and haven't found ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin

"The Ring"

Does anyone know the signifigance of the "ring" of stones in front of the Haunted Mansion?

I saw this when I was there a few months ago and haven't found a source.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!

ToddBreakey is offline Fastpass Holder
    Nope, But I will be looking for it when I am there on the 11th!!!!!!
    "You shouldn't play leapfrog with a porcupine. You might get hurt." - Eliza Breakey, Age 4

I HATE being back in the real world!!!!

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    I don't know either but MAN O MAN they need to fix all those cracks in the walkway-you could lose a small child in some of those...geez that looks rundown---or is it just more atmosphere for the HM???...LOL

Well at least the pic is a testimonial for how strong the rental strollers are judging by the guy sitting in one with his kid..lol

Oh wait I know what it is....a fairy ring--tink has been there >>>sorry, watching Return to Neverland as I type...***grins***
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

Tampa is offline No longer in service
    It's something I've seen a thousand times and never paid attention to. Impressive attention to detail bro... my guess is that it's a stage show setting (ghoulish perhaps) that was thought of during the park construction process..

I'm probably wrong and can't wait till someone digs up the origin.

tjcoolgirl15 is offline I wish I was an Oscar Meyer Weiner!
    I'd never really noticed it before. Maybe I can figure it out when I return in June.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, just a dream away!
    Prince Charming, will you marry me?
    I saw on TV that listening to Mozart makes you smart. So if you listen to Elvis, you'll become a GENIUS!

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    I know my tour guide explained the origin of the brown path in the middle of Liberty Square. I wonder if they know about this ring.

BTW, Thanks Lou. Every time I see this thread this plays in my mind over and over again:
    "One ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them, One Ring to bring them all,
    and in the Darkness bind them".
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

tiggerguy is offline WDWRadio.com Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by vixen101485
    I don't know either but MAN O MAN they need to fix all those cracks in the walkway-you could lose a small child in some of those...geez that looks rundown---or is it just more atmosphere for the HM???...LOL

Well at least the pic is a testimonial for how strong the rental strollers are judging by the guy sitting in one with his kid..lol

Oh wait I know what it is....a fairy ring--tink has been there >>>sorry, watching Return to Neverland as I type...***grins***
    Those cracks are there on purpose
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

GrumpyDude is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    avoiding "The Man's" infractions. can't keep a brotha' down!
    if you watch a certain videotape, you'll get a phone call saying you are going to die in 7 days. The Ring is the last thing you see!

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    I think I got that call... it's from a collection agency, right?
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    Yeah.. and something about a nasty looking little girl climbing her way out of a well????

I wonder where the well is located??

mickey's_girl is offline A-Ticket holder
    Don't know if this is true or not, but I read it somewhere. Of course I cannot remember where. The "ring" used to be a signpost that for whatever reason they had to cut down. The bracket around the post gives the appearance that it is a diamond ring. Now that I wrote this and thought about it, it sure sounds untrue and I kinda feel dumb for believing it, but I did read it somewhere.

Geppetto is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by AKQJ10
    Does anyone know the signifigance of the "ring" of stones in front of the Haunted Mansion?

I saw this when I was there a few months ago and haven't found a source.
    Lou, I guess you are not into witchcraft, but the "ring" you refer to is actually a Circle of Stones, also known as the Circle of Energy. You should not walk thru it, or you will disrupt the positive energy the circle is providing to the individuals around it. As you may note, no one is walking thru the circle. The Circle of Energy is usually 9 to 12 feet in diameter so that it can be divisible by three (see below). There are more witches and warlocks among us then you can imagine.

The cracks are there on purpose as Tiggerguy pointed out to allow positive energy from the earth to escape and affect all around the circle, who in turn take that energy with them to combat the evil in the world, or in this case to help free the souls of the 999 Grim Grinning Ghosts who are trapped on Earth.

The Hidden Mickeys at WDW are in reality Tri-Circles of Energy that represent the three main life forces--Earth, Wind, and Fire (The singing group of the same name was founded in 1969. In numerology 1969 = 7 the number of perfection = God). If you are a believer in certain Christian sects, the Holy Trinity (Father, Son and Holy Ghost/Spirit ) is a Tri-Circle. You may recall Saint Patrick supposedly used the shamrock to explain the Holy Trinity to the pagans of Ireland. Has anyone ever noticed there is the Tri-Circle D Ranch at Fort Wilderness?
    Last edited by Geppetto; 05-20-2005 at 12:04 AM.
    "Good Geppetto, you have given so much happiness to others. You deserve to have your wish come true."

"Geppetto buono, lei ha dato cosí molta felicitŕ agli altri. Lei il derserve di avere il suo desiderio si č realizzato."

dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    Oh my.... It looks like the lady on the left hand side is about to sacrafice her baby into the circle of death rays... Run for your lives!!!

Tampa is offline No longer in service
    Quote Originally Posted by Geppetto
    the "ring" you refer to is actually a Circle of Stones, also known as the Circle of Energy. You should not walk thru it, or you will disrupt the positive energy the circle is providing to the individuals around it. As you may note, no one is walking thru the circle. The Circle of Energy is usually 9 to 12 feet in diameter so that it can be divisible by three (see below). There are more witches and warlocks among us then you can imagine.

The cracks are there on purpose as Tiggerguy pointed out to allow positive energy from the earth to escape and affect all around the circle, who in turn take that energy with them to combat the evil in the world, or in this case to help free the souls of the 999 Grim Grinning Ghosts who are trapped on Earth.
    Wow there's witchcraft alive and well in WDW?! Who do I write to have this offensive sack of stones EDITED from the ground?

"Look out mommy! You're gonna roll me into the circle of energy! And I wet myself.."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast