Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss The best and worst parks to drive to in the Ask The Experts forums; We are staying at the Wilderness Lodge and will have a car. I know the best way to get to the MK is the boat launch, but is there a ...
    kentgurgie is offline B-Ticket Holder

The best and worst parks to drive to

We are staying at the Wilderness Lodge and will have a car. I know the best way to get to the MK is the boat launch, but is there a park you must drive to from the Wilderness since I dont want to drive to every park. Which ones are a must? Thanks in advance!

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Re: The best and worst parks to drive to

DAK is a long haul from Wilderness Lodge, but it will depend on the time of day you want to enter and exit the parks. The buses can be very crowded with long lines waiting to get on at the end of the day. It might be easier to drive.

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

I'm not sure I understand the question.

There is no park you MUST drive to. Buses are available between every resort and park. I don't believe WL shares buses with any other resort (other than the villas), so that's not a big deal.

However, Buses to/from AK will often also stop at Blizzard Beach, so there is an extra delay involved.

As for parking, I'm not sure it makes a big difference. Of course, MK parking is at the TTC and you have to take the monorail or ferry to reach the MK, so its just faster in general to take the boat launch.

If you are intent on going to a park that is going to be extra busy, especially if you are going until park close, I'd drive so I don't have to wait for several busloads of people ahead of me to by on their way.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

i think i understand what you mean... yeh DAK is going to be the toughest one to drive to... mostly because it is the furthest away from DWL... that would be the reason why it is the worst to drive to... i would probably also believe that Epcot should be the easiest, but make sure you have a GPS or a smartphone... their signs can really be a pain...!
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

Quote Originally Posted by JNota0005DakMC View Post
    i think i understand what you mean... yeh DAK is going to be the toughest one to drive to... mostly because it is the furthest away from DWL... that would be the reason why it is the worst to drive to... i would probably also believe that Epcot should be the easiest, but make sure you have a GPS or a smartphone... their signs can really be a pain...!
    The distance of AK timewise is only a few extra minutes. I don't believe it is any more difficult to drive to than any other park.

Park signage is actually quite good. What I haven't liked is signs for the resorts - one sign will point straight ahead, and then suddenly the next sign will tell you its on your right/left.

Fortunately in most cases, if you miss your turn it is easy enough to get back there.

GPS can be fairly useless unless your GPS is preloaded with the physical coordinates of the location you want, and not the addresses. The addresses used by the parks/resorts are fairly generic and often don't translate well to getting you there.

On my Droid at least, I can use Maps, find a place in the satellite view, and then tell it to give me directions to that particular map point...
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news