Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss 65 episodes Rule in the Ask The Experts forums; Okay does anyone know why Disney has a 65 episodes rule for their Disney Channel shows. I find that a little odd and dumb on their part. It's bad enough ...
    JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO

65 episodes Rule

Okay does anyone know why Disney has a 65 episodes rule for their Disney Channel shows. I find that a little odd and dumb on their part. It's bad enough they put their movies in their vaults for 7 years but come on a 65 rule for tv. please tell me this is not the same oh we are trying to keep the puublic interest thing like their videos.

YES I"M GOING BACK AGAIN FOR HALLOWEEN

Geppetto is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by JEDIPRINCESS
    Okay does anyone know why Disney has a 65 episodes rule for their Disney Channel shows. I find that a little odd and dumb on their part. It's bad enough they put their movies in their vaults for 7 years but come on a 65 rule for tv. please tell me this is not the same oh we are trying to keep the puublic interest thing like their videos.
    This should explain it for you: http://www.mickeynews.com/Columns/Di...asp_Q_id_E_456

Believe it or not, but many persons are superstitious; particularly when money is involved. IHMO, this is all based on the fact the Walt Disney died at 65 years of age. There are forces in our universe that we do not know about that control our lives.
    "Good Geppetto, you have given so much happiness to others. You deserve to have your wish come true."

"Geppetto buono, lei ha dato cosí molta felicitŕ agli altri. Lei il derserve di avere il suo desiderio si č realizzato."

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    Jedi-I didn't know that was a rule. It isn't like other channels where they want to get to 100 episodes for syndication, mabye because those shows will only be on the Disney Channel?

I don't know. Hey, missed you on the Mole game yesterday, figured you were out waiting for Star Wars tickets. So, did you see it, and what did you think?
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

Quote Originally Posted by DissyLove
    Jedi-I didn't know that was a rule. It isn't like other channels where they want to get to 100 episodes for syndication, mabye because those shows will only be on the Disney Channel?

I don't know. Hey, missed you on the Mole game yesterday, figured you were out waiting for Star Wars tickets. So, did you see it, and what did you think?
    I loved it the movie was great a must must go see.

As far as the 65 rule I read that That's so Raven wasn't going to be on any more because it reach the 65th eps and according to the link that I read from Geppto(read post above yours) it stated that this has been in affect since Eisner took over. I don't see why they don't just leave it alone. I mean I love Lilo and Stitch and before you know it they won't be on anymore. The site also say it was so they could bring on new shows. That find with me but there are so many shows that were on air and all of a sudden their gone and you don't have a clue what happen to them. I didn't even know they stop production on the Proud Family.Nothing going to be saftey unitl Eisner and his croonies are gone from Disney for good . It never seem to amaze me as to the things they do like get rid of popular attratcion at the parks, take popular shows off of tv,put one of thier major comp (HINT PIXAR) out to compete against them among other things. oh well what can you do.

Princess Jas is offline Princess of Agrabah
    I think the 65 episode rule is very stupid. It stops some shows that are doing well and encourages production of shows that aren't as good. I'm all for new ideas and new shows, but why do we have to lose old shows to get them? And frankly, I've not been impressed with the new shows that they're coming out with. I look back and watch stuff that Disney made in the 90's and the last few years and then look at the new shows - I find it hard to believe that they come from the same company.

I think I'll stop ranting there for now.

dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    I agree that the 65 rule is one of the dumbest things I have heard lately (besides Hilliary Clinton for President)..... I know Disney is a large money making company...why wouldn't they want to keep on making $$ by making exceptions to the GOOD shows...

MickeyBabe is offline Lady Administrator..................... Sassy but Humble Parks Game Player
    I could think of several reasons to limit the run of a Disney Channel show.

1. These shows are created using child actors who will be getting older as the series goes on. To limit the length the producers do not have to deal with actors playing children far into thier adulthood. Along with the story transitions of grade school to high school to college as we have seen on shows like Boy meets World and Sabrina.

2. Again shows are created using child actors. Unknown child actors who work for a reasonable fee to achieve experience and noteriety. Once they get to the place where they might re-negotiate for big bucks, the show is over.

I agree, the shows that brought me to the Disney Channel years ago, Allegra's Window, Under the Umbrella Tree, Disney Afternoon with Darkwing Duck, Ducktales, Chip & Dale Rescue Rangers, Alice in Wonderland, MMClub, Avonlea, were in my opinion much better.

But that is just my opinion.

Meeemmmmmories....
    Last edited by MickeyBabe; 05-20-2005 at 03:02 PM.
    ~ Valerie
    WDWRadio.com Senior Staff - Site Administrator
    *´¨)
    ¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
    (¸.·´ (¸.·´ * Faith Trust and Pixie Dust*

I'm a first day D23 Charter Member!

One man's Trivia is another man's Wisdom

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyBabe
    I could think of several reasons to limit the run of a Disney Channel show.

1. These shows are created using child actors who will be getting older as the series goes on. To limit the length the producers do not have to deal with actors playing children far into thier adulthood. Along with the story transitions of grade school to high school to college as we have seen on shows like Boy meets World and Sabrina.

2. Again shows are created using child actors. Unknown child actors who work for a reasonable fee to achieve experience and noteriety. Once they get to the place where they might re-negotiate for big bucks, the show is over.

I agree, the shows that brought me to the Disney Channel years ago, Allegra's Window, Under the Umbrella Tree, Disney Afternoon with Darkwing Duck, Ducktales, Chip & Dale Rescue Rangers, Alice in Wonderland, MMClub, Avonlea, were in my opinion much better.

But that is just my opinion.

Meeemmmmmories....
    I can agree with live action tv shows but not the cartoons. Cartoons can always stay the same age.I just think it's laziest on Disney part because they think they are running out of story ideas for certain shows. Look at the Lilo and Stitch series hey there are 624 more experiment they could do shows on (I know that totally impossible and I don't think that would happen) but it no excuse to stop at 65 espically with the cartoons

MickeyBabe is offline Lady Administrator..................... Sassy but Humble Parks Game Player
    Lilo and Stitch is one I like. I agreee on the animation. Especially ones based on wildly popular Movie characters like Ariel and Stitch.

I do know that when I first started watching the Disney channel we paid for it. I am glad I no longer have to pay for it.

~ Valerie
    WDWRadio.com Senior Staff - Site Administrator
    *´¨)
    ¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
    (¸.·´ (¸.·´ * Faith Trust and Pixie Dust*

I'm a first day D23 Charter Member!

One man's Trivia is another man's Wisdom

I kind of wanted to bump this thread up. I still wanted to know how everyone still felt about this dumb 65 epsd. rule they have on the Disney Channel. Just saw one of the news cartoons last night that they are about to start airing and no offense it looks really dumb. My kids even think it looks dumb. I had to tell them that Kim Possible was finish and what they did was put epsd. 63,64,& 65 in the The Kim Possible so not the Drama Movie. They thought just like me that it was a new Kim Possible movie not the end of the series. I think that if Disney is going to implment this dumb rule at least have respect for the fans and faithful vewiers to a least say this will be the last espd. and not be sneaky about it. I love Disney put they do,do some sneaky things like getting rid of Fave shows without informing the public and getting rid of much love attractions without even listening to how the fans feel and what we really want. I mean come on we do give them quite a bit of money the least they could do is really listen to what we want. (okay I had to get this off my chest sorry for the unnesscary rant)

jarmitc2032 is offline Lives At Epcot
    I hate the 65 rule. I get use to a cartoon and what do they cancel
    it. Kim Possible was a good cartoon too. With all these superhero movies coming out, you would think that they would keep Kim Possible around.
    Quote Originally Posted by JEDIPRINCESS
    I kind of wanted to bump this thread up. I still wanted to know how everyone still felt about this dumb 65 epsd. rule they have on the Disney Channel. Just saw one of the news cartoons last night that they are about to start airing and no offense it looks really dumb. My kids even think it looks dumb. I had to tell them that Kim Possible was finish and what they did was put epsd. 63,64,& 65 in the The Kim Possible so not the Drama Movie. They thought just like me that it was a new Kim Possible movie not the end of the series. I think that if Disney is going to implment this dumb rule at least have respect for the fans and faithful vewiers to a least say this will be the last espd. and not be sneaky about it. I love Disney put they do,do some sneaky things like getting rid of Fave shows without informing the public and getting rid of much love attractions without even listening to how the fans feel and what we really want. I mean come on we do give them quite a bit of money the least they could do is really listen to what we want. (okay I had to get this off my chest sorry for the unnesscary rant)

Here Here Jarod I couldn't agree more it burns me up.