Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss stroller question in the Ask The Experts forums; shovels were...
    crashbunny is offline Moderator
    shovels were

GrumpyDude is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    avoiding "The Man's" infractions. can't keep a brotha' down!
    my 2 cents on the leash debate, i don't agree with them, however if you have a runner, a child who darts off unexpectedly, then absolutely leash them. rather be cruel and barbaric and have them leashed then have them run off into traffic or get taken by someone.

Disneynut57 is offline Fastpass Holder
    I am sorry that there may be those how get upset with the "leash" thing, but when we had our 2 year old granduaghter with us we had one and it was great. I too said I never would. Then we got one for her due to the large crowd Christmas at DW. It was a fanny pack that had a strechy leash that clip to it. She was free to roam while we took breaks and we were able to keep track very easy. She thought it was her Tigger Tail. I also can not tell you how many times we heard parents and grandparents look at us and say they wish they had thought about it. Oh by the eay she still has the Tigger Tail in her keepsafe box along with all her stroller name tags.

Tampa is offline No longer in service
    Quote Originally Posted by Disneynut57
    I am sorry that there may be those how get upset with the "leash" thing.

I kid.

I think it's very funny, that's all.

JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    Quote Originally Posted by jhnsnaprl
    Thanks for the info. I have an umbrellsa one as well, but knowing I was taking a cooler in for snacks and drinks, I decided the other was better. Plus my mom has a little knee trouble and will be pushing the stroller most. I do have a leash also, cause I figured he would want to walk to.
    Even if you don't bring your own stroller for whatever reason and decide to rent just take a jacket that you wouldn't mind losing and place it on the stroller. My daughter was 6 last year when we took her down for the first time and we rented a stroller for her (she lazy and spoiled Grammy was on the trip with us )but what we did to not lose our stroller in the sea of identical stroller was throw our jackets on it and when we came back to get it ,it was easy to locate.Beside don't worry about missing anything the Cast member are there to help and they do it very well I might add.

YES I"M GOING BACK AGAIN FOR HALLOWEEN

Disneynut57 is offline Fastpass Holder

Smile Sorry, Tampa, did not mean anyting personal.

Quote Originally Posted by Tampa
    I kid.

I think it's very funny, that's all.

I really didnt think bad of anyone just wanted to share my thoughts. I have read alot of your post and enjoy them as i do with those of others.Sometimes I say type without thinking as fast as I type . My wife says to pick words more carefully .

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    Disneynuts, don't worry about it. To each his own.

And Tampa, loved the leash pictures. I get your humor. (Is that a good thing? )
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    Word of warning tho the rental ones do not recline which is why I am taking my own so the little critter can take a nap and not have to sit up. I would never consider taking an umbrella stroller for a very young baby-they look horribly uncomfortable all squished up like that with no back support. Those ppl who complained Crashbunny probably do not even have kids so I would ignore them besides getting a sleeping child out of any type of stroller is an experience and 1/2. If I didn't have the new fancy umbrella(let me repeat that fancy UMBRELLA) one I would probably not spend as much time in the park and have to go back to the hotel for over 2 hours of my day so my dd can nap. It's a very compact stroller when folded and I have timed myself closing it (less then 5 seconds-no child included)
    As for putting a lock on the stroller i was refering to just running a thin cable lock like the kind you use on bike thru the wheels only-not chained to a fence- so the stroller can be easily moved(wouldn't the CM have to pick it up if they want to move it sideways a bit anyway?---don't know of any stroller that rolls side to side) and the lock removed in just a few seconds that's what keys are for --I don't have the cable lock yet but have run a string thru and tied it in a bow just to see...lol
    The dirty diaper thing is a very funny idea and it just may work and let me again say"THE DIAPER IS NOT REALLY DIRTY" just take a new one and wrap it up .....because human nature being what it is most ppl will think twice about taking something that isn't theirs if it has something personal on it the more presonal the better. ....what can be more personal than a "USED" diaper....LOL No offense to WDW but it is a public place like anywhere else and theives like public places. True the park may be better then most but the chance is still there and if you have ever had anything taken, you tend to be more cautious than others especially if the item is a gift and you can not afford to replace it ( for some even under $75 is a lot of money)
    Sorry don't mean to go on but wanted to explain further on things so ppl do not confuse what i said.
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    I like the idea of calling a leash (should one be used) a "Tigger tail." My kids would love that!

dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    I have a leash that I use for my boyfriend... oh wait.... Different site!! Sorry

ROTFLMMEO at dzney4lyf

Quote Originally Posted by Disneynut57
    I really didnt think bad of anyone just wanted to share my thoughts. I have read alot of your post and enjoy them as i do with those of others.Sometimes I say type without thinking as fast as I type . My wife says to pick words more carefully .

I'm glad you shared your thoughts, bud! I liked it and it compelled me to get serious for a minute and reveal, I'm ah kiddin' hehe..

I was not offended at all and as far as leashes go, I have no children. So I couldn't imagine what it must be like to keep them close in the darkness of a Haunted Mansion queue! Or on the way out of the park my God! I think I would surely use one on WDW trips if I had offspring, but probably no where else. and on that note....

lets go to the park!

where DO you find this stuff????****shakes head and laughs****

cool...a hands free model!

btw you can borrow my very active 2 yr old to test one out...believe me after 5 minutes with her and you will be an advocate of them for life....lol

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    I rented a double at every park for my four year old and our backpack. It saved all of us a lot of stress. I printed and laminated an 5 x 7, very colorfully, with her name on it to make ours easy to find. I just tucked it into the name pocket and I left everything except valuables (did not take any) right on the cart. Just pay attention to where the strollers will be AFTER the ride, the CM's frequently re-park them at some attractions.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12