Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss stroller question in the Ask The Experts forums; I am planning a trip to disneyworld in 1 week. Got a 3 yr old and will be taking the stroller. I guess there is no place to leave the ...
    jhnsnaprl is offline A-Ticket holder

stroller question

I am planning a trip to disneyworld in 1 week. Got a 3 yr old and will be taking the stroller. I guess there is no place to leave the stroller while we all ride the rides, (like small world). Can someone please tell me what people do? Are we going to have to take turns with him on this ride? I just hate for me to ride with him and his dad miss his reaction to the rides or vice versa.

olmec26 is offline Created by Mark Burnett
    Quite the contrary! There's plenty of room to park the strollers! Try tying a baloon or something to your stroller to remember that it's yours, and make sure to not leave anything too valueable (video cameras, etc.) in the stroller. For the more adult rides, though, you can use Child Swap - it's a great program!
    -Taylor

Por favor mantanganse alijado de las puertas.

Thanks for answering this so quick. I just have been stressing over this too much. I just thought someone would take off with the stroller. I knew we could do the swap, but I don't count on riding too many of the big rides, but I knew the ones like the small world and pirates, I would want to ride.

Cindertina is offline A-Ticket holder
    Someone taking a stroller is more common when you rent one, and I think that this mainly due to that fact that they all look alike. I have a cheap umbrella stroller that seems to do the trick. It is not bulky or heavy so I don't have to worry about space on the bus or monorail and if something were to happen, I wouldn't be out a ton of pocket change. I will worn you though, your three year old will want to do more walking that riding at times. You may want to invest in a leash of some sort.

Thanks for the info. I have an umbrellsa one as well, but knowing I was taking a cooler in for snacks and drinks, I decided the other was better. Plus my mom has a little knee trouble and will be pushing the stroller most. I do have a leash also, cause I figured he would want to walk to.

Tampa is offline No longer in service

"Faster! FASTER!"

"can't teach an old dog human tricks."

"Once a man, twice a child!"

"OWNED"

flutter is offline Moderator
    uh oh...please lets not start the lease debate again.

Oh you guys already had one?

sorry. please disreguard..

olmec26 is offline Created by Mark Burnett
    Quote Originally Posted by flutter
    uh oh...please lets not start the lease debate again.

You read my mind, Tracy!
    -Taylor

Por favor mantanganse alijado de las puertas.

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Quote Originally Posted by jhnsnaprl
    I am planning a trip to disneyworld in 1 week. Got a 3 yr old and will be taking the stroller. I guess there is no place to leave the stroller while we all ride the rides, (like small world). Can someone please tell me what people do? Are we going to have to take turns with him on this ride? I just hate for me to ride with him and his dad miss his reaction to the rides or vice versa.

Most rides have a designated "stroller parking" area right outside of the attraction. You might want to bring a rain cover or an extra poncho to cover it, since Florida downpours are common. If you exit the ride and can't find the stroller, look around the 'stroller parking' area - Cast Members often rearrange the lot as strollers are removed to keep the area tidy and safe.

It's also a good idea to put a luggage tag with both your home address and the resort you are staying at on the stroller, just in case it is lost. And never leave anything valuable in the stroller - why tempt sticky fingers?

Have a wonderful time on your trip!
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

I remember long time ago there were so many strollers in front of IASW and PPF, it created an almost, one person walkway! It was more astounding than a hassle (for me). I never seen so many than that day.

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    I hadn't thot of putting name etc. actually on the stroller....thank you Disneydame. My parents just bought us a new fancy umbrella one (it's cool-reclines, has a movable footrest and canopy, and even came with a rain cover-sorry a bit in love with this thing) anyway it is a very good idea.

Another good idea I read in a travel book was to just park it in one place in Fantasyland instead of keep putting the kids in and out-FANT is not an extremely huge area.

It was suggested about tying a balloon or something to it to identify it---I read in yet another Disney travel book of the idea to take a diaper(nonused) and put it in a clear plastic bag and tie it to the stroller---anyone who would take a stroller with what they think is a dirty diaper deserves it if someone actually does put a dirty one there(not reccommended in Florida heat...EWWWW) I know it sounds like a strange idea but one that would definatatly deter most would be stroller thieves.
    We are also planning to buy a cable lock to thread thru the wheels, so it can't be rolled off. Still easy enuf for CM"S to move to make room for others but I sure someone would look really suspicious carrying a large stroller out of the park.
    Not trying to sound paranoid about a body stealing mine but my parents WILL KILL ME if something happens to this thing...LOL
    Another idea I saw (yes i have many..lol) is to clip your map to the top of the canopy with clothespins type clip to keep your hands free while reading it.
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

Sam I Am is offline L'Originale - Keeping you behind the rope
    The diaper idea is... interesting. I don't think I'd go that far, though.

I would strongly advise against any sort of lock on your stroller. CMs *often* move the strollers for safety reasons, and if for whatever reason the lock causes a problem, they will call and have the lock removed. Sometimes this means they actually will end up having to damage the stroller to get it off. You'll probably also find it a hassle to lock and unlock it...

The truth is, stroller theft really isn't that big a problem. Putting your name and hotel info on the stroller is a good step. A ribbon or balloon or the like for easy identification is good.

My take on the stroller issue is that fancy strollers are really not the best thing to bring around the parks. They can be cumbersome on the busses and in transit. They're a worry in terms of loss/theft/damage. And you can't abandon them. The rentals are great (though they do cost money) - since if anything happens, you can get a replacement at various places in the park, if you decide to abandon it, you can, and you don't have to worry about bringing them on the busses etc.
    A good compromise is a cheap, lightweight umbrella stroller as mentioned above.

Another option, if you really want to park your stroller in the park for a good portion of the day is to check it at the locker rental counter (at the MK, this is Station Break, under the Main Street Railroad Station) - they can put it in the back room for you.

crashbunny is offline Moderator
    Sam is correct - travelling with a fancy stroller is cumbersome and tought to get on and off of transportation- we took a cheapo umbrella stroller - easy on and easy off - with a ribbon and a tag on it for ID- much easier than the previous year- we had peple yelling at us because we couldnt get it on transport fast enough ( tough with a sleeping kid in it !) We loved our other one as well- had just what you were talking about - if yours isnt too bulky and its easily buttoned up - then take it - if not - I would think otherwise or do a rental- we did that too, less hassle.
    Last edited by crashbunny; 05-22-2005 at 01:14 PM.

(edit: back then pooper scoopers weren't invented yet)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast