Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Question for JediPrincess... in the Ask The Experts forums; Hey girl, how'd you get to swim with dolphins @ TLS?! Did you do it during park hours? Did it cost you feeding an arm (and a leg) to the ...
    Tampa is offline No longer in service

Question for JediPrincess...

Hey girl, how'd you get to swim with dolphins @ TLS?! Did you do it during park hours? Did it cost you feeding an arm (and a leg) to the sharks?! man that's cool and what a great pic!

Sam I Am is offline L'Originale - Keeping you behind the rope
    http://allearsnet.com/btp/tours.htm#dol has info.... Dolphins In Depth is a program at The Living Seas....

Thanks Sam! Exactly what I was looking for. Good looking out..

But still, how was it Jedi (hope I'm not missing it in another thread)?

JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    But still, how was it Jedi (hope I'm not missing it in another thread)?[/QUOTE]

Hey glad you like the pic

Sorry it's been a really busy weekend for me with Star Wars and all But to answer your question this by far is the best tour I ever took . It so much fun and you learn a lot. It didn't cost that much if memory serves me right I think I paid $136 that was a discount becasue I'm an annual passholder so if you have a pass use the discount on the tours and whatever you can. I think the regular price is $150 not really sure I did this tour last year but the price in no more than $200. The only thing you don't get to do is really swim with them and I really wanted to do that. I know at Sea World you can actually swim with them but they did teach us hand gestuers to have them jump out of the water and to wave their fins and they even splash us. It was cool because you actually go in the back of the living seas and you get to see things you normally don't see. Also when you interact with the dolphins you are at the very top of the living seas so you are standing actually on top of the obversation deck the one were you can see all the fish and guest can't see you it was so freakin cool. The only thing that freaked me out was the little fish were swimming aroung our legs so I got a little nervous because I been bittin by a fish and I never want that to happen again. It a great tour if you ever get the chance to do it ,do it because you get to learn a lot about the living seas and dolphins. I found out that they actullay had to block the 2 dolphins off from the other part of the tank because they were spinning the sea turtles around and using them as volleyballs and the trainors that dealt with the turtles weren't to happy about it. I can't stress to you enough that this a fun tour so take if you can. It does sell out fast so if you ever get to do it go for it. I did by myself because my kids were too young to take it ( you have be 16 to take this tour) and my mom, stepdad ,and stepsister were broke and I wasn't paying for them beside I wanted to be by myself and I had more fun.I also got a tee shirt that you can only get on this tour and the picture I know that doesn't sound like much but at least I had fun. Plus I heard the tour was change around a bit before I took it so I'm not really sure what they change. They so give you a survey at the end and you give them suggestion on what you would like to see and do on this tour. I think they use it to make the tour better. Oh yeah I forgot I got praded through the living seas in my wet suit it was cool because everybody thought we work there and not on a tour.So I hope this helps and I hope you take the tour this is one not to miss

Oh yeah this is during park hours I had to be at the front gate at 9:00am

YES I"M GOING BACK AGAIN FOR HALLOWEEN

That is so cool Jedi and thank you so much for the detail!

It'd freak me out to swim with them but I think I could handle waving my hands around in my lifevest and stuff lol! I got a friend in Tampa that loves that stuff and wants experience it with me. I can't think of a better place (considering I've turned down the keys and daytona)!!!

Thanks again and it makes me want that AP that much more! Cya!

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    That is so freakin' cool! I can't wait!!!
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

Yeah it is way to fun. I can't wait to go with you guys. I went by myself and now I have my girls this is going to be a blast.

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    I was just looking at the picture....you mean I have to actually get wet?

Can I dunk you in the water, Jer?
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

Quote Originally Posted by DissyLove
    I was just looking at the picture....you mean I have to actually get wet?

Can I dunk you in the water, Jer?

Hmm Yeah you have to get wet What you think dolphins all of sudden got feet and started to walk on land

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    I can't sit on an inner tube or something? You know I am getting my hair done and I can't get it wet the entire trip.

Do you mind if I wear a shower cap for the entire trip?

I am in need of some Disney magic!!

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    Quote Originally Posted by DissyLove
    IDo you mind if I wear a shower cap for the entire trip?

YES!
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

kree is offline C-Ticket Holder
    My wife did DiveQuest twice, Dolphins in Depth once, and (outside WDW) Discovery Cove. Cove had the best interaction with the dolphins, but Dolphins In Depth is far less expensive. BTW, my wife has a picture with a dolphin in the exact same pose. When my DD's get old enough, I'm sure we'll all do the tour.
    Por favor mantengese alejado de las puertas.