Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss First time for my 4 year old! in the Ask The Experts forums; I'm very excited because in 7 weeks my wife and I will be bringing our 4 year old son to WDW for the first time. He, of course is very ...
    Disney.Gen.2.0 is offline B-Ticket Holder

Smile First time for my 4 year old!

I'm very excited because in 7 weeks my wife and I will be bringing our 4 year old son to WDW for the first time. He, of course is very excite to go to "Mickey Mouse World" as he's been saying and meet the mouse along with his two favorites, Buzz and Woody.

I've been to WDW dozens of times, but this is the first time I'm bringing a child. Does anybody have any ideas of extra special fun things to do with a 4 year old boy in WDW (outside of the regular fun things to do in WDW of course)? We're staying at a villa in Animal Kindgom Lodge (Jomba House).

Thanks for the advice!

petals3485 is offline Annual Passholder

Re: First time for my 4 year old!

Go to the information offices and get him a my first visit badge cos the cast members will make a fuss of him then when they see...

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation

we have been doing chef mickey with my daughter since she was one... she is going to be 5 in 3 weeks and she loves it.. still her fav.
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

ive heard that the Hoop-De-Doo Musical Revue might be fun... but the the child may be a bit too young for that...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Get an appointment at The Pirate League and let him be a little pirate for the day.
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder

4 years old!! What a great time to bring a child to WDW!! At least it was for mine. When my 2 oldest were 4 (twins) we took them to WDW and they really enjoyed it, of course we paced ourselves well, lots of pool/nap time, it was really enjoyable. My kids really enjoyed some of the offerings at Fort Wilderness, the petting zoo, the campfire singalong with the movie (not sure if they still have the singalong part). Over at the AKL they have where you can put on the night vision goggles and watch the animals at night, not sure if there is an age limit on that. Most kids that age are fairly easy to please, the pool and playground usually work if you don't want to knock yourself out. Oh, and don't forget mini golf. Have a good time
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

nats is offline A-Ticket holder

I have a 4 year old as well. This fall will be her 3rd year going to WDW. If you can't get in at Chef Mickey's, I highly recommend Garden Grill at Epcot. It is a revolving restaurant with Mickey, Chip and Dale, Pluto. The characters came around 2 or 3 times and actually spent time with my daughter. Crystal Palace at MK is always good too and they have Pooh, Tigger, Piglet and Eyore. Both have decent food. Even if your child doesn't still take a nap, I highly recommend going back to your room in the afternoons to relax or swim in the pool. This way you can gear up for the evening. Expect to spend most of your time at MK.

Serkazong is offline Keep to the code.

Age 4 was the first trip for my son. He loved the character breakfast @ Crystal Palace and was mesmorized by Wishes and Peter Pan's flight. The other parks were all explored thoroughly, but none enjoyed as much as The Magic Kingdom. I recomend park hopper tickets because we wound up at MK at some point every day of that trip.

Enjoy!

Disney.Gen.2.0 is offline B-Ticket Holder

Thanks for all the great ideas!