Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Using Magical Express for a Late Arrival in the Ask The Experts forums; Wanting know experiences with Magical Express using it with a late arrival at the Orlando Airport after 10:30 pm. I know we'll be retrieving our own luggage but wanted to ...
    bethinthesun is offline A-Ticket holder

Using Magical Express for a Late Arrival

Wanting know experiences with Magical Express using it with a late arrival at the Orlando Airport after 10:30 pm. I know we'll be retrieving our own luggage but wanted to know how the service was that late at night?

You unlock this door with the key of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension - a dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind. You're moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas.

WDW4Ever is offline Annual Passholder

Re: Using Magical Express for a Late Arrival

Great thing about Disney: It's always the same quality no matter the time of day
    "If you can dream it you can do it."
    -Tom Fitzgerald
    D23 Charter Member

WDW4Ever is offline Annual Passholder

The bus is usually a lot emptier though
    "If you can dream it you can do it."
    -Tom Fitzgerald
    D23 Charter Member

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Had a friend take a flight a day and a half after I arrived. She took the Magical Express for the first time ever to meet me and it turned out she was the only one on the bus. This was LATE at night, and they didn't use a regular ME bus or even the Disney Cruiseline bus, but a regular Mears bus. Guess that explains who has commissioned the contract for the bus service. No video, just a quiet ride to the resort.
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

My DD and I came in real late one night. Plus our flight had been delayed a couple of hours out of Ohare. We clipped right through the ME line and boarded the bus and there the bus sat for apx. 45 minutes waiting for more and more people to arrive. We listened to the the pre-trip video intro over and over. Some asked the bus driver to turn it off, he stated he could not.

Once we left with apx. half the coach full, we stopped at over half the resorts at WDW before we got to POR. And our luggage? We checked in at 1 am, our luggage was delivered to our room at 4:30 AM!!!! Fortunately I had packed extra clothes, jammies and toiletries in our carry on so we could crash if things went wrong, as they did.

So at 4:30 AM I greeted our bellhop in my Jammie, he had my robe.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    My DD and I came in real late one night. Plus our flight had been delayed a couple of hours out of Ohare. We clipped right through the ME line and boarded the bus and there the bus sat for apx. 45 minutes waiting for more and more people to arrive. We listened to the the pre-trip video intro over and over. Some asked the bus driver to turn it off, he stated he could not.
    Of course they can. Maybe they're instructed not to, but they can. My flight was delayed one time (first and only time I thought to call and it turned out great for me) so I had to call ME and ask for a later pick-up time. They said that they didn't have anyone else to pick up, but they would send a bus special for me. And they did, which I was surprised. Even the driver was shocked that I was actually there, because usually whenever it's just one passanger, the person tends not to be around.

Anyway, when the driver got me, he was listening to a 24-hour a day Christmas stations. I sat in the front seat near the driver, and we chatted all the way back to airport. He asked if he should turn on the video, and I asked if he would mind leaving the holiday music on instead. Had to be one of the best trips back to the airport I've ever had.
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.