Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Epcot Attraction Question in the Ask The Experts forums; I remember there being an attraction in the Future World section of Epcot called "The Human Body". The idea of the attraction was that someone got a splinter and a ...
    Disney.Gen.2.0 is offline B-Ticket Holder

Epcot Attraction Question

I remember there being an attraction in the Future World section of Epcot called "The Human Body". The idea of the attraction was that someone got a splinter and a medical crew (led by Tim Matheson) shrunk down to a microscopic size to get the splinter out (not really sure about that last part). They end up getting ****ed into the lungs and travel to other parts of the body.

Does this sound familiar, and if so, is it still an attraction in Epcot? I've tried looking at the Disney website, but they don't describe the attractions within the different Epcot buildings. My son saw a video of this ride from the last time my wife and I went and keeps asking to go on it.

Flrancho is offline D-Ticket Holder

Re: Epcot Attraction Question

Sounds like you're talking about Body Wars to me. I don't ever remember the attraction being called The Human Body.

Anyway, the attraction is in the Wonders of Life pavilion at Epcot, which is still there. However, the attraction (and for the most part the pavilion) hasn't been open for several years (thinking maybe 08 or 07 was the last time it was functioning) and all practical indicators would probably say this ride is done for and won't be coming back anytime soon. I'd probably look for this one to go the way of Horizons after it just sat there for a few years not doing anything.

The pavilion is occasionally open during events like Flower & Garden, but none of the attractions inside are ever on line.

That's right! It's called Body Wars. That's a shame, because after meeting Woody and Mickey Mouse, that's all my son can talk about. I'll keep an eye out, maybe we'll get lucky. Thanks for the reply.

Monorail Orange is offline C-Ticket Holder

The pavilion itself was open during the International Flower and Garden Festival this year. However, it was used only as additional flower-and-garden-related exhibits. Since I was only there for two days, I opted to use my time in Epcot elsewhere and did not go in. From what I've seen/heard, just about everything has been stripped out of the pavilion, and the Body Wars mural and entrance queue has been painted over and walled up. Quite unfortunate, really...
    Monorail Orange

"Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor mantÚnganse alejado de las puertas."

2009 Walt Disney World Half Marathon Finisher
    2009 Disneyland Half Marathon Finisher
    2009 Coast to Coast Challenge Medalist

Next Up: 2012 Walt Disney World Tower of Terror 10 Mile Race (with my wife!)

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

I believe the last time it was in operation was December 2006, where the pavilion was generally open briefly. The pavilion has not been open in general since then - only for special events and then only for the purposes of the event. As said none of the attractions have been in operation.

Interestingly, the signage for Body Wars was lit during the F&W for 2007 and 2008, and I think it was even updated slightly in 2008 - but it was gone last year.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

I visited the pavilion the last year it was open. Took lots of great shots, but it was virtually empty. Guess no one cared it was closing down for good.

The one thing I remember most about Body Wars was how they used the same exact commet sequence from Star Tours, only they tinted the crystals red instead of blue.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

yeh i saw photos of F&W this year... and all of the signage was down... it looked like a generic pavilion... i really wish they would do SOMETHING over there...!
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

That's a shame because my son (and my wife) were really looking forward to it.

Doombuggy13 is offline B-Ticket Holder

Talking Re: Epcot Attraction Question

I asked a cast member friend that works in Epcot during my last trip and she said that there are no plans for the former Wonders Of Life pavilion. It is just being used as meeting space for group events.