Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Autograph Book Ideas in the Ask The Experts forums; Okay, I've got less than a week to go. In the past DH and I have used the blue autograph books that Disney sells to collect various character signatures. However, ...
    MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."

Autograph Book Ideas

Okay, I've got less than a week to go.

In the past DH and I have used the blue autograph books that Disney sells to collect various character signatures. However, I've noticed some things about these books I don't like. I'm either stuck using a black/blue ball point pen (boring!) or I can use rainbow colored sharpies (yeah!) that bleed onto the next page. I do like their size, it fits easily into my fanny pack.

So...I'm curious. Do any of you create your own autograph books? What do you use? What types of pens/markers do you use? I'm thinking maybe index cards and maybe a hole punch?

Has anyone tried something other than a book to collect signatures? How'd that work? What did you use?
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    I use a 5x7 spiral bound sketch book with hard black covers that I got at a craft store and a scrapbooking marker (also can be gotten at the craft store).

olmec26 is offline Created by Mark Burnett
    I had Goofy and Max sign the deck plan of the Wonder, but since you don't have that, how about trying to have the characters sign a Park Map or msp of a Resort?
    -Taylor

Por favor mantanganse alijado de las puertas.

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    We had the characters sign a T-shirt. You have to stretch the fabric and hold it tight so there is a good surface for the characters to sign, and either fabric markers or regular sharpie pens work great. (You can't be wearing the shirt when they sign it)
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    I took a spiral bound notebook of 3x5 notecards. They are perforated and so I can pull them out for my neice's scrapbook. They have 4 different colors throughout the book (yellow, blue, green and pink). I covered one side with shiney stickey paper and decorated it with stickers that spelled her name and had Mickey on them. I then put a return if lost address on the back.
    She used the big fat sharpies and they didn't bleed from page to page since the note cards are a thicker stock of paper.
    This worked really well.
    Just remember to have the page turned to where you want them to sign and go ahead and open the pen for them.

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Just a suggestion, but since our trip in March I have contemplated the fall trip and the blue book is really not the best. I am thinking of a 3 x 5 index book. They office supply sells 3 x 5 spiral notebooks out of which you can tear the indiviual cards. Let the charater sign, let it dry then slid it into one of the photo album books with the clear plastic pages. At the end of the day just transfer everything to one big book. Each day is safe elsewhere. I worrried I would lose the book and all of the hard work would have been wasted ( I laid a camera down to get my child a water and someone walked off with it).
    At the days end I had Kealani tell me her most favorite part of the day and I wrote it down in a trip journal for her. This method would allow me to easily keep all of the special stuff together, with a low risk of losing the excited memories of a five year old, or the all important charater autographs that are an integral part of the experience.

Passarino6 is offline Dreaming of Something Disney!
    We brought a bright orange baseball hat (family joke) to Disney in 2001 and I had a bunch of characters sign it with a black sharpie. I even wore the hat for the first part of the trip.
    -Kevin

If we can dream it, we can do it.

I ended up using some blank index cards and a small leather bound address book. We just punched holes into the cards to make it fit into the mini binder of the address book. It fit nicely into my fanny pack and the index card stock was thicker than regular paper. It held the rainbow of sharpie ink better.
    Amanda

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    Mandabella's book is AWESOME...it worked really well! Even for the tic tac toe game that one of the guys played with her!

great idea!

Quote Originally Posted by Stitch
    Mandabella's book is AWESOME...it worked really well! Even for the tic tac toe game that one of the guys played with her!

great idea!
    All the credit for my autograph book goes to DH. It was his idea to do that when I couldn't find a small blank book to use.
    Amanda

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    I used one of the notecard books, however when I was little my mom made me this 'autograph' book where it had pictures of me and the character from the year before.

Then when I met a character the following year, she gave them the picture to sign with a photo pen and they autographed their picture and me from the year before. That was my best photo album/autograph book, however I think I lost it. Cuz I haven't seen it in awhile. I just remember doing it. I'll have to do a new one this year. :-)
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives